PFF: Jets rank among bottom third in talent

F.Chowds

I am not a rex fluffer by any means, but it seems to me you are talking out of both sides of your mouth a bit.

Anyone who thinks Sanchez is as bad as you do has to give Rex a lot more credit then you are.

Dragging the crap we've had at QB along to a +.500 record is nothing to sneeze at, and I can't think of any other team with similar production at QB that hasn't been picking top 10 year in and year out.

60% completions, 9tds, 6ints, 94 rating through six playoff games but ugh if we only had Testaverde

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

60% completions, 9tds, 6ints, 94 rating through six playoff games but ugh if we only had Testaverde

Parcells had Testaverde, didn't get him any farther than Rex got with Sanchez, though.

It's amazing such a prolific passer can't find a starting job

You must think your boy Idzik is clownshoes for drafting Geno and dumping Snachez

he's the second winningest Jets coach of all time and the playoff wins leader.

Rex can make a team with 5 win talent win 8 games. But he can't turn a 8 win talent into a 11 win team.

He can turn crap into mediocrity but he'll never produce a top tier team. Him and his teams are too undisciplined, and he's too loyal.

He took Tannys teams that he sold the future out for to the championship games. They had afc championship game talent and that's how far he took them.

Im sorry but I have no idea what in the hell you are talking about. I assume it is some type of a dig at Canada, but I am struggling here, help a a brother out.

It's okay JFC - Shane hates the Jets and their fans. Nobody here likes him. Just put him on ignore and you'll enjoy the conversation much better. By the way - he'll bust on Canucks, but everyone knows he's openly in love with Ryan Goslin!

It's okay JFC - Shane hates the Jets and their fans. Nobody here likes him. Just put him on ignore and you'll enjoy the conversation much better. By the way - he'll bust on Canucks, but everyone knows he's openly in love with Ryan Goslin!

Ryan Gosling is a total piece of ass, though.

Rex can make a team with 5 win talent win 8 games. But he can't turn a 8 win talent into a 11 win team.

He can turn crap into mediocrity but he'll never produce a top tier team. Him and his teams are too undisciplined, and he's too loyal.

He took Tannys teams that he sold the future out for to the championship games. They had afc championship game talent and that's how far he took them.

Nonsense.  2010, one of the worst QB's in footba;l.. 11 wins

Rex had Sanchez (one of the worst TO QB's in recent memory) as a rookie and that same team was 9-7 the year before with Mangini and Favre.  He did in fact turn a 9 win team into an 11 win team the very next season.

I no lova you argument  :D

sheldon is elite

if genover didn't suck so bad, the jets would have won a few more games, and the "reputation" based listings would be higher

It honestly amazes me how bad this team is at picking qbs. Its like were cursed when it comes to this position.

I am not a rex fluffer by any means, but it seems to me you are talking out of both sides of your mouth a bit.

Anyone who thinks Sanchez is as bad as you do has to give Rex a lot more credit then you are.

Dragging the crap we've had at QB along to a +.500 record is nothing to sneeze at, and I can't think of any other team with similar production at QB that hasn't been picking top 10 year in and year out.

I think the logic is that Rex shouldn't get a ton of praise for compensating for the quarterback problems because the offensive deficiencies of this franchise are largely due to his ineptitude on that side of the ball. If you want to blame that on the talent, fine, but it still took Rex 4 years to figure out that Sanchez sucked.

I think the logic is that Rex shouldn't get a ton of praise for compensating for the quarterback problems because the offensive deficiencies of this franchise are largely due to his ineptitude on that side of the ball. If you want to blame that on the talent, fine, but it still took Rex 4 years to figure out that Sanchez sucked.

I think he knew it all along, but has a child like faith in people.  he's loyal to a fault

Maybe it did, I don't know.

The problem here has long been organizational. Rex was saddled with Schottenheimer, then screwed up massively with Sporano (he does have a very real problem thinking anyone who can beat him must be good), but seems to've maybe hit it right with Mornhinweg. So those four years were all with two poor OCs.

And the organization paid for Sanchez. In draft picks and money, and more money. We don't know how much pressure he was under to play Sanchez, but we do know there was never another QB on the roster other than him who might be able to play. Mark Brunell? Tebow? I think Tannenbaum was largely fired for the handling of the QB position, and rightly so. This is the first season in the Rex era where he has a second QB who should be capable of playing.

I don't mean to absolve the guy, he probably should've been vocal about not giving Sanchez that extension, but I'm also pretty sure those two AFC Championship runs clouded everybody's vision.

I am the first to knock Rex for his Snachez devotion, but realistically there was no better option

I am the first to knock Rex for his Snachez devotion, but realistically there was no better option

From the greatest film of all time:

Lil' Bill (to Clint Eastwood ): You just shot an unarmed man!

Will Munny (Clint): Well, he shoulda armed himself.

Technically he didnt figure out sanchez sucked. He almost certainly wouldve been starter last yesr but for the snoopy bowl

Maybe it did, I don't know.

The problem here has long been organizational. Rex was saddled with Schottenheimer, then screwed up massively with Sporano (he does have a very real problem thinking anyone who can beat him must be good), but seems to've maybe hit it right with Mornhinweg. So those four years were all with two poor OCs.

And the organization paid for Sanchez. In draft picks and money, and more money. We don't know how much pressure he was under to play Sanchez, but we do know there was never another QB on the roster other than him who might be able to play. Mark Brunell? Tebow? I think Tannenbaum was largely fired for the handling of the QB position, and rightly so. This is the first season in the Rex era where he has a second QB who should be capable of playing.

I don't mean to absolve the guy, he probably should've been vocal about not giving Sanchez that extension, but I'm also pretty sure those two AFC Championship runs clouded everybody's vision.

I think the guy we saw towards the end of 2012 is who Rex is. A guy that has absolutely no idea what to do when that entire side of the ball isn't 100% out of his hands. That post-Thanksgiving press conference was a man that had completely lost it because he was in way over his head and he knew it. The man is brilliant as a coordinator and I don't think anyone would argue otherwise, but 6 years of plausible deniability has been a bit much.

There were several. The most notable being that the scouting department was in love with Wilson and Kaepernick. We drafted Coples and Hill.

Right.  Rex drafted Coples and Hill.  Not Tannenbaum, Rex.  He has no say in the offense, but that is his fault?  One or the other.  The team never brought in another QB, Rex may have had input, but I still put that on the GM.  It's not like he cut anybody halfway decent.  I was pretty disappointed when they got Tebow and dumped Stanton.  

Right. Rex drafted Coples and Hill. Not Tannenbaum, Rex. He has no say in the offense, but that is his fault? One or the other. The team never brought in another QB, Rex may have had input, but I still put that on the GM. It's not like he cut anybody halfway decent. I was pretty disappointed when they got Tebow and dumped Stanton.

It's everyone's fault. We fired one dummy and kept the other. Because of course that's what we did.

It's everyone's fault. We fired one dummy and kept the other. Because of course that's what we did.

Normally I would agree, but they half assed it the time before.  They kept Rex from picking his own coaches and you want to blame him for the drafts and contracts?  It seems to me that Idzik has control and will make his own decisions.  It's possible that he is only hanging on to Rex as an excuse to keep his job, but I think the results were as or better than expected last year.  We will see about 2014. 

Normally I would agree, but they half assed it the time before. They kept Rex from picking his own coaches and you want to blame him for the drafts and contracts? It seems to me that Idzik has control and will make his own decisions. It's possible that he is only hanging on to Rex as an excuse to keep his job, but I think the results were as or better than expected last year. We will s

ee about 2014.

I'd agree with this. I don't think Idzik could have fired Rex even if he wanted to.

Normally I would agree, but they half assed it the time before. They kept Rex from picking his own coaches and you want to blame him for the drafts and contracts? It seems to me that Idzik has control and will make his own decisions. It's possible that he is only hanging on to Rex as an excuse to keep his job, but I think the results were as or better than expected last year. We will see about 2014.

I think Idzik is a smart dude. And I also think he's hanging on to the idiot coach because the idiot owner has made that call and they agreed to the head coach not being a unilateral decision when Idzik was hired. If it works out, great. But so far as I'm concerned this franchise has been run by complete morons for the past decade and Rex is right at the top of that depth chart of ineptitude.

Archived