Rex is horrendous

jgb

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is interesting. We get shunned by the Jets for being too critical of the team. Now we are told here that we are a homer site.  Very interesting indeed.   :)

Whatever happened to that laser Max gif where you destroy Tom Shane, PatsfanTX and Sean Deegan? we HAVE TO BRING THAT BACK!

Every year i want to be wrong. But there is zero evidence that rex can preside over an average offense (or even slightly belowaverage). Other than thst one ravens team... Which perhaps has completely created rexs worldview... You cant win a championship with an utterly incomoetent offense no matter how good your D is. Im not asking for the greatest show on turf here. An average nfl offense would have me doing cartwheels. I think vick has a much better chance to deliver this than geno, if it is even possible under rex at all.

Seattle last year had a great D and a mediocre O and dominated the superbowl against Peyton and the "high flying" Broncos. 

Rex the head coach, luke warm on him. Not a good game day coach, not so good on replays, does not get in players faces when they come off the field after making a bad play like my boy Parcells did. He's not a QB friendly coach, but he did hire Marty and that man is real good coordinator. That said, I was glad we kept Rex because Rex the defensive coach is excellent, top 5 in the league and right now, that's the best unit on the Jets. Rex is a smart guy, he's not his dad, so he's already cut the Super Bowl prediction crap out so if he would just focus on the game in those 60 minutes, instead of looking at the defensive chart and manage the game like our leader should, I am all in because love him or hate him, we have never ever had someone love being a Jet like Rex. If you compare Jet coaches, Rex is #3 behind Weeb and Tuna, Tuna turned this team around after two years of Kotite, anybody that does not recognize that can go suck a egg. 30 minutes from the playoffs and the whole team fumbles. DAMMMIT!!!

I dont think Rex has much say w/Offense anymore per Idziks orders (probably part of Rex's pound of flesh to keep his job). I think MM basically runs show and got Vick per MM's request. idzik is allowing MM to air out more and get away from ground and pound regardless what Rex is saying. I think its mis-direction on Rex's part and we will see a more air out approach with more run plays being dumpoffs to Chris Johnson/Amaro etc.... Just my theory, but it 'smells' like it :)

Rex the head coach, luke warm on him. Not a good game day coach, not so good on replays, does not get in players faces when they come off the field after making a bad play like my boy Parcells did. He's not a QB friendly coach, but he did hire Marty and that man is real good coordinator. That said, I was glad we kept Rex because Rex the defensive coach is excellent, top 5 in the league and right now, that's the best unit on the Jets. Rex is a smart guy, he's not his dad, so he's already cut the Super Bowl prediction crap out so if he would just focus on the game in those 60 minutes, instead of looking at the defensive chart and manage the game like our leader should, I am all in because love him or hate him, we have never ever had someone love being a Jet like Rex. If you compare Jet coaches, Rex is #3 behind Weeb and Tuna, Tuna turned this team around after two years of Kotite, anybody that does not recognize that can go suck a egg. 30 minutes from the playoffs and the whole team fumbles. DAMMMIT!!!

Best post ever

I dont think Rex has much say w/Offense anymore per Idziks orders (probably part of Rex's pound of flesh to keep his job). I think MM basically runs show and got Vick per MM's request. idzik is allowing MM to air out more and get away from ground and pound regardless what Rex is saying. I think its mis-direction on Rex's part and we will see a more air out approach with more run plays being dumpoffs to Chris Johnson/Amaro etc.... Just my theory, but it 'smells' like it :)

Rex is what he is--the defensive coordinator, and the only part of the defense that functions at a high level without the benefit of a HoF corner is the DL, where Karl Dunbar is a savant. The Rex Problem is that he's just good enough not to get fired, and the only way we're ever breaking through is if, despite Rex's best efforts, the Magic Quarterback falls into his lap.

Rex is what he is--the defensive coordinator, and the only part of the defense that functions at a high level without the benefit of a HoF corner is the DL, where Karl Dunbar is a savant. The Rex Problem is that he's just good enough not to get fired, and the only way we're ever breaking through is if, despite Rex's best efforts, the Magic Quarterback falls into his lap.

2nd best post ever!

Good analysis of wht we have with Rex

Doesn't everyone require the Magic Quarterback. Wonder what Pete Carroll would have accomplished without Russell Wilson. OR Mike McCarthy without Aaaron Rodgers. OR Sean Payton without Drew Brees and so on.

Doesn't everyone require the Magic Quarterback. Wonder what Pete Carroll would have accomplished without Russell Wilson. OR Mike McCarthy without Aaaron Rodgers. OR Sean Payton without Drew Brees and so on.

Carroll had the balls to bench a high-priced free agent to play a tiny third-round pick; the Packers picked Aaron Rodgers at #24 with Brett Favre still on the roster; Payton is a QB guru. Rex started Mark Sanchez for four years without once entertaining the idea of challenging him.

Carroll had the balls to bench a high-priced free agent to play a tiny third-round pick; the Packers picked Aaron Rodgers at #24 with Brett Favre still on the roster; Payton is a QB guru. Rex started Mark Sanchez for four years without once entertaining the idea of challenging him.

Oh bullsh*t.  He benched him 2 or 3 times.  Tannenbaum is the one that gave him Tebow and McElroy as backups.  Guess Rex was wrong to have the immortal Matt Simms on the practice squad during those crucial moments. Opportunity lost.

Oh bullsh*t. He benched him 2 or 3 times. Tannenbaum is the one that gave him Tebow and McElroy as backups. Guess Rex was wrong to have the immortal Matt Simms on the practice squad during those crucial moments. Opportunity lost.

He benched him one time for Greg McElroy to protect him from getting booed at home after he threw four picks against the Titans the week before, then went right back to him after McElroy came down with a concussion.

Yep the homer button is functioning well. I have gotten neg rep over the years for criticizing herm, sanchez, penny, many others. History has always proven me right and there is no doubt it will again. Most homers just cant bring themself to see the truth until its glued to their foreheads.

If there is one thing this forum is full of, it's homers.

He benched him one time for Greg McElroy to protect him from getting booed at home after he threw four picks against the Titans the week before, then went right back to him after McElroy came down with a concussion.

He benched him during the Cardinals game and again for the Chargers game.  Sorry that he didn't overrule the concussion protocol and keep McElroy out there vs. the BIlls, but if they'd won those games you'd be complaining about draft position.  

He benched him during the Cardinals game and again for the Chargers game. Sorry that he didn't overrule the concussion protocol and keep McElroy out there vs. the BIlls, but if they'd won those games you'd be complaining about draft position.

I'm going to start a website called ThingsTomWouldHypotheticallyComplainAboutProbably.com

Say what you want but rex is already 1 of the best jets coaches in history.

During his rain with the jets he's only second to weeb ewbank.

In my opinion at lease.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_York_Jets_head_coaches

I totally agree.. He loves the JETS.. He wants nothing but the best for the team & honestly as fans you WANT a defensive head coach because thats what wins Super Bowls & the running game worked out great for the Seahawks.. Rex must of been smiling to see that defenses are the backbone of the NFL!! God I love Football.... Go JETS!!  ::GoJets:

Yup, & that should all of us football fans especially Jet fans that if you dont train a QB by building around him instead of the other way like what happened to Sanchez then you ultimately have a recipe for disaster.. Lesson learned from Rex in company by having another go at it & to be honest Im glad Geno had no one to throw to last season.. It built his character, technique, & most of all it taught him what its like without a proper offense so when hes in a tight jam in the future, he'll be able to bail the team out!   ::GoJets:

Bottom feeders live forever. The ones at the surface end up at Red Lobster.

Whatever happened to that laser Max gif where you destroy Tom Shane, PatsfanTX and Sean Deegan? we HAVE TO BRING THAT BACK!

Never mind I found it

LaserMax2.gif

Archived