Nice little Jace Amaro interview

F.Chowds

Amaro-060214-12-2-593x350.jpg

Image: AP

Q: How was your overall experience at Texas Tech? In what areas did you grow as a football player, and what areas as a person?

A: My overall experience was amazing at Texas Tech. I loved and enjoyed every single day while I was there and it was something that I will truly cherish for the rest of my life. I grew up so much as a football player from a technique and fundamental state, but it was as a person that I saw the most dramatic change in my life. I learned very quickly that everything doesn’t happen the way you want it to happen, instantly. It takes hours of dedication and hard work to get where you believe you can. It wasn’t until I went through many hardships off and on-the-field to finally realize this.

Q: Did you have any pre-game rituals at Texas Tech that you’ll carry over into the NFL?

A: I didn’t have any special pre-game ritual, but before each and every game I would go around the locker room and shake everyone of my teammates’ hands, saying “We Will Win This Game.” I didn’t really start this until my sophomore year when I had earned the respect of my teammates to do so.

Q: Before even getting to TTU, you had to overcome an ACL tear in high school. How has that trial impacted your resolve and ability to persevere in the competitive arena?

A: It was, at that time, the hardest and most difficult obstacle I had ever experienced. It’s funny, because you don’t really ever know why certain events happen to you in your lifetime until you face them, defeat them, and overcome them. Then you’re able to look back and know that I went through all of that and I’m stronger now. I had so many people telling me, “I’m done, I’ll never be the same.” At times like that, it’s hard not to believe those negative comments, and it wasn’t until a night when I woke up around 3 o’clock in the morning just so angry, so disappointed, yelling “why did this happen to me”, when I had the most amazing, goose-bump feeling in my chest. [it was] so enlightening and pure, and I told myself that I’ll never let anyone tell me what I can and cannot do or how far I can go. That night changed my life.

Q: You’ve played TE at almost every level. What part of the evolution of the TE position — at the Pro level — excites you most, considering your skill-set?

A: I believe just being able to utilize my skill-set at the highest level. Seeing how these coaches are going to use me for these upcoming years.

Q: Which defenders are you most looking forward to competing against?

A: I just want to face the best defender every single week. You know you made it when the team puts their best player on you.

Q: Most players have a game or two that they ‘circle on the schedule,’ for one reason or another. What is/are the game(s) that you’ll be looking forward to the most?

A: My first game, because I’ve never been to an NFL Football game and that will be the most exciting game I’ve ever been apart of.

Q: Overall, what can Jets fans expect to see from Jace Amaro, on and off the gridiron?

A: For me, I like to keep to myself; I’m a big ‘stay at home’ guy. I plan on pursing my dreams on being the best player that I can be. I want to be a New York Jet for as long as they’ll let me. I’ve fell in love with every single team I’ve played with and I know that this team will be no different. I’m very excited about the opportunity given to me, representing a great team like the Jets. I’ll give my heart out every single week

Archived