Falcons to be featured on Hard Knocks

Klecko73isGod

he Atlanta Falcons, who were exempted from being chosen if the NFL didn't find any volunteers because they had a playoff appearance over the last two seasons, stepped forward and will be the subject of the popular training camp reality show this summer. The eight teams who were not exempt and could have been chosen if nobody volunteered are probably thankful for the Falcons.

so how did cleveland get out of it exactly? i guess they were asked to volunteer, and they declined? previous article made it sound like they said "no way."

Pettine said not in my 1st year as coach, too distracting, but said he would consider down the road..

my point is this article makes it sound like nfl could've forced them since no playoffs in last 2 yrs

my point is this article makes it sound like nfl could've forced them since no playoffs in last 2 yrs

They potentially could have, but Atlanta volunteered before it came to that.  That forcing thing only comes into play if absolutely no teams are willing to volunteer for the spot.

oh, NFL enforces only if someone doesnt 'step up',, so ya, in end, if no one stepped up, NFL could have forced Browns hand

Where there is Thomas Dimitroff and his jersey shore hair, there is gonna be action baby...

Thomas_Dimitroff.jpg

they have a bunch of boring rookies, and everybody is signed

sooo

yeah

Well Sean Weatherspoon is gone for the season....again. So it'll be cool to see what rookie Prince Shembo will do. there were a few people around here pre draft that had him in their mocks. 

Outside of that I dont really see the excitement. I was really hoping that either the Jets, Bears (Fales, Jeffery), Philly(Jordan Matthews), Kansas City (Jordan Campbell) or Arizona (Cromartie's kids) decided to do it. 

Archived