New Front Page

http://www.jetnation.com/

Please take a look and let me know what you think.  IT ISN"T DONE.  I have a list with 5 or 6 errors\items on it and I have to add many other pages like the Schedule, update the roster page etc.  And the colors aren't done, many issues remain...

But please give me your thoughts. Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

nice, but where is the get to Home Page hotlink on the football Forums page?

Right now it says Jets Blog.  But I can change that back to home. Sometimes I get all SEO crazy and screw people up.

It is opening a new window when I choose message boards from the homepage.  Me no likey.  But, it is pretty.

Yes I don't like that either, I am going to change that.  Thanks.

I like the layout. I think JN Radio should have a more prominent place though. Front and center.

The do have the first link up top.  I called it NY Jets Podcast (SEO reasons again).  And they are in the breaking news scroll.  As well as the sidebar where you can click any episode.

If their ratings go up any more they are going to be hard to deal with. So ultimately I am just trying to find the balance where I can keep Tom's ego in check.

When are you calling in btw?

The do have the first link up top.  I called it NY Jets Podcast (SEO reasons again).  And they are in the breaking news scroll.  As well as the sidebar where you can click any episode.

If their ratings go up any more they are going to be hard to deal with. So ultimately I am just trying to find the balance where I can keep Tom's ego in check.

When I'm good and drunk enough. No really I will one of these days.

I think myself, 124, Tabor, Brenda, Faba and JetFan13 should all call in from green bay. 

As long as the call-in is Saturday late afternoon, when we first get to Green Bay. Like the first 30 minutes in. After that, the slope gets slippery. 

:swing:  :chas:

myself and 124 are getting there by about noon on Friday so anytime after that is good for us

Well guys that would be a great conversation for one of the JetNation Radio threads.  Or the Road Trip thread.  As far this thread, how about that front page?   :)

I never really even knew there was a front page. My bookmark to JN since forever was the forums.

I think its great! Everything is very clear and not a cluster fck to my eyes.  All that is important is a quick slide of the mouse away.  Good layout and clearly much more social media friendly too(if thats what you were going for)....

But if I may make just one suggestion....I would say make the JetNation logo much more prominent....it seems a tad undersized compared to everything else on the homepage. Or maybe it seems that way bc there may be too much white space between the logo and the advertisement banner....idk hard to tell

Thats just my 2 cents 

I think its great! Everything is very clear and not a cluster fck to my eyes.  All that is important is a quick slide of the mouse away.  Good layout and clearly much more social media friendly too(if thats what you were going for)....

But if I may make just one suggestion....I would say make the JetNation logo much more prominent....it seems a tad undersized compared to everything else on the homepage. Or maybe it seems that way bc there may be too much white space between the logo and the advertisement banner....idk hard to tell

Thats just my 2 cents 

Thank you.  Yes there is way too much white space there, I definitely need to make that stand out more.

I appreciate the feedback.  We are adding the forum threads to the front page, and a few other things.  But it was close enough to get us started.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

We finally got a bunch of the color\font issues updated.  Please take a look again http://JetNation.com and give us your thoughts. It is responsive so it will look nice on your phone\tablet etc.

Feedback is appreciated....

The only item remaining on the list right now is changing the logo on the top left.  It is too small, blurry and there is too much white space next to it.  Need to create a mini banner.  

But let me know what you think.  We are looking at the new release of the forum software and that will be next. It is in beta now but there are cool features in there like @ replies that we want to get implemented. That will be responsive as well.

Thanks everyone.

Archived