The Washington Redskins?!

New York Mick

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canal Street will be mobbed

Ha. The patent means little, especially now during the appeal. There's bootleg stuff all over the place as is. Bags, sneakers etc. Reid actually didn't know the law, which frankly isn't very surprising. Also the only thing they pulled was the name, not the logo. That's still trademarked.

They can't tackle and their secondary is suspect. Yet with the upgrade in their receiving core they could put up enough points to male a run at it providing RGIII returns back to form. Nobody really cares about this do they?

Yea but that whole division sucks. Who do you think wins it?

That was my point.

ahh.. missed the sarcasm..

IN any event, there will be US folks flooding sites like CafePress with formerly trademark'd IP like the logo (and I haven't read yet if the logo has been dropped as well)

redskins had a phenomenal letter response to all the heat they are taking lately. one of their points is they listed dozens of high schools on indian reservatoins that use the "redskins" name and similar logo.

ahh.. missed the sarcasm..

IN any event, there will be US folks flooding sites like CafePress with formerly trademark'd IP like the logo (and I haven't read yet if the logo has been dropped as well)

the logo is still trademarked....and you can't do any of that during the appeal anyways(which generally take forever....this is the government). I guess the t-shirt guys who live under bridges can look forward to the answer down the road. But getting your hands on bootlegged merchandise is fairly easy as is.

redskins had a phenomenal letter response to all the heat they are taking lately. one of their points is they listed dozens of high schools on indian reservatoins that use the "redskins" name and similar logo.

This post could draw a response that could get this thread locked quick. Very well done.

If Daniel Snyder has to eventually cave on this I think we should start a pettition to change the name of the New York Jets to the New York Whiteskins.

I wouldn't be offended. Id be honored to root for a team named after my favorite ethnic group.

Archived