The Washington Redskins?!

New York Mick

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember back in February when we already talked about this...and I suggested they change their name to the Washington "Redtails" in honor of the Tuskegee Airmen?

well peep this sh*t:

In May of that year,  

A member of the Washington D.C. Council said he plans to submit a resolution calling on theWashington Redskins to change their nickname because it is "racist and derogatory" and "it's time to make a change." David Grosso suggested the team change its name to "Redtails" in honor of the Tuskegee Airmen, a pioneering group of African-American pilots who served the United States in World War II.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9230556/dc-pol-suggests-redtails-name-change-washington-redskins

Just saying.  We post, they listen.  

oh yeah, and good job me. 

So you admit that Italians aren't white people... ?

Not only do I admit it, I am proud of it. I dont identify with the PC, hand wringing white folk (you?) who are ruining the US.

When asked, I have been checking the "other" box for 30+ yrs now.

BTW, Words cant describe how proud we were as a minority when our home boy Antonin Scalia became the 2nd minority appointed to the court after Thurgood Marshall.

Redtails, Washington.  

Someone acknowledge that. 

Washington's Redtails.  

(the African-American airmen were born of Booker T. Washington's Tuskegee Institute, the University he founded...In one swoop, you exchange one minority slander for an appreciation of another, symbolizing valiant men of color who fought in WWII.  It also has the nameplay of "Washinton" as a credit to the airmen's founder without significantly altering the name of team's location or mascot)

red-tails_0.jpg

Redskins. Cowboys. Patriots. Chiefs. Vikings. Packers. 49ers. Buccaneers. Raiders. Steelers. Are all reminders of the past. Good and bad and represent different groups of people. I think these are rather historically cool names to have for your team in American history.

Anything named after an animal is pretty lame. I'm sure it relates to the area but it's just lame. The Cardinals? Are we supposed to be believe there are tons of red birds down in Pheonix? The Lions? Are there tons of these things running around Detroit?

Broncos Bills Seahawks etc I get because they relate to the area.

But I hate the idea of losing historical team names for the sake of a few offended people. Who I. The long run gain nothing by this but the idea they were able to CHANGE something. Thanks Obama, took two terms but we did something productive. A couple thousand people were moderately offended so we uprooted a team name.

Please no politics.  Thank you.

Just had an idea that could solve this whole dispute: what if they just changed their name to the Washington Redtails, to honor the Tuskegee Airmen?

This is not only the best idea I've ever read, but more importantly it's the most original. It's quite shocking that nobody has thought of it up until this post.

redskins had a phenomenal letter response to all the heat they are taking lately. one of their points is they listed dozens of high schools on indian reservatoins that use the "redskins" name and similar logo.

Well, I guess it is like the N word, it's only racist if OTHER people use it, lol.

Redskins. Cowboys. Patriots. Chiefs. Vikings. Packers. 49ers. Buccaneers. Raiders. Steelers. Are all reminders of the past. Good and bad and represent different groups of people. I think these are rather historically cool names to have for your team in American history.

I'll show you what type of god damn history we should be honoring:

ZMCMLbL.gif

Archived