•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Foundation of Pettine's anger/bitterness (ingame issues)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

All the playbook stuff is really a red herring to the real issue here at play.

Most scribes will tell you that Rex/Pettine, once best buds, are barely talking now after the 2012 fall-out.

What was that? 

Many of you know, but some may not.

There were the clubhouse mole to Manish stories which may be true or not, but if they are, it also goes back to 'the foundation of anger'.

In both Rex called play initially, but in 2011 and 2012 as a sign of support and building his resume (not just Rex's lapdog), Rex allowed Pettine to make the Defensive calls/sets during the game.

In both cases, our D was making some bad adjustments, 3rd down snafu's etc, and Rex took playcalling back mid-season. In both cases, the Jets D performed better under Rex's ingame playcalling.

This not only infuriated/embarrased Pettine, but showed him he would never be able to polish his resume w/Jets.

He took Bills job and many folks felt even if that job wasnt there he would have gone college route just to leave Rex.

Carry on :)

Edited by SouthernJet, 20 June 2014 - 11:59 AM.

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#2 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 26,116 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

Pettine just came out with comments even if true you do not say. He should be talking about his team and not about what happened with the Jets

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#3 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

Pettine just came out with comments even if true you do not say. He should be talking about his team and not about what happened with the Jets

agree, his anger/bitterness still festers to point he does illogical things.

It takes a lot of anger to break up best friends.

Posted Image

#4 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,733 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

Gonna be hysterical watching Manziel in a Super Bowl and Jets fans saying that Pettine got lucky.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#5 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 29,067 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

Most scribes will tell you that Rex/Pettine, once best buds, are barely talking now after the 2012 fall-out.

What was that? 

There were the clubhouse mole to Manish stories which may be true or not, but if they are, it also goes back to 'the foundation of anger'.

In both Rex called play initially, but in 2011 and 2012 as a sign of support and building his resume (not just Rex's lapdog), Rex allowed Pettine to make the Defensive calls/sets during the game.

In both cases, our D was making some bad adjustments, 3rd down snafu's etc, and Rex took playcalling back mid-season. In both cases, the Jets D performed better under Rex's ingame playcalling.

This not only infuriated/embarrased Pettine, but showed him he would never be able to polish his resume w/Jets.

He took Bills job and many folks felt even if that job wasnt there he would have gone college route just to leave Rex.

But I thought Rex would rather sink the team than upset someone he likes. Read it on this very website.

I also heard here that Pettine was the adult + brains in the room for the Jets.  

He totally looks mature & brilliant here.

Guy got a job as a defensive coordinator right away - and I'm sure it came with Rex's glowing recommendation - and then got a HC job a year later.  No one cares or remembers much that he got the defensive playcalling taken away.  I mean, we remember but no one gives a crap.  He had a total clean slate as a head coach.  Look what the "grownup" does with it before his first summer.  Manages to piss off a HOF coach (however much I dislike him) and his friend/mentor who gave him a chance in his life that no one else would or could.

What a complete friggin' baby.

JetNation.com

#6 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 26,116 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

Gonna be hysterical watching Manziel in a Super Bowl and Jets fans saying that Pettine got lucky.

More likely Manziel in a bar

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#7 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,521 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

He's an ungrateful bastard who was the stem of all rumors and lockerroom turmoil.  Rex made him who he is and then he sh*ts on him? 

He sucks, Rex pulled play calling duties from him and the defense improved drastically.

He will fail in Cleveland miserably.

Posted Image

#8 dbatesman

dbatesman

Courage Boy

• Members
  • 9,347 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

Prolly just mad he doesnt get to hang with rex anymore

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#9 Miss Lonelyhearts

Miss Lonelyhearts

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

Prolly just mad he doesnt get to hang with rex anymore

I dunno what his problem is. I never thought that Pettine was just plain stupid stupid, but here we are. The playbook beef is totally disingenuous and serves no purpose save to make a guy who is already basically universally regarded as a fool look marginally more foolish.

#10 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

But I thought Rex would rather sink the team than upset someone he likes. Read it on this very website.

I also heard here that Pettine was the adult + brains in the room for the Jets.  

He totally looks mature & brilliant here.

Guy got a job as a defensive coordinator right away - and I'm sure it came with Rex's glowing recommendation - and then got a HC job a year later.  No one cares or remembers much that he got the defensive playcalling taken away.  I mean, we remember but no one gives a crap.  He had a total clean slate as a head coach.  Look what the "grownup" does with it before his first summer.  Manages to piss off a HOF coach (however much I dislike him) and his friend/mentor who gave him a chance in his life that no one else would or could.

What a complete friggin' baby.

couldnt have said it better. the fact rex looked best friend in eye and removed ingame duties 2 years in a row and then after 2012 season, said, I'm callin plays in 2013 shows that he can when needed put team before buddies etc

Posted Image

#11 dbatesman

dbatesman

Courage Boy

• Members
  • 9,347 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

I dunno what his problem is. I never thought that Pettine was just plain stupid stupid, but here we are. The playbook beef is totally disingenuous and serves no purpose save to make a guy who is already basically universally regarded as a fool look marginally more foolish.

Yeah. He was asked a fairly straightforward question and gave a long and bizarrely controversial answer. There's clearly something personal there. Or maybe he's just a redass, I dunno.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#12 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 18,204 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Maybe he's just kind of a dick? He also essentially called Jenkins a moron in the same interview.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#13 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,351 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

Yeah. He was asked a fairly straightforward question and gave a long and bizarrely controversial answer. There's clearly something personal there. Or maybe he's just a redass, I dunno.

Alternative name for the 'skins?

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#14 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 15,208 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

WOuld suggest all of you read the book. Already posted part of it regarding Rex's drinking buddy Weeks. Another thing-Pettine grew angry to the point of rage about the Schitty offense and Ryan's failure to do much about it.Ryan and Johnsoin probably agreed to this after a good season and had no idea how bad a portrait it is of almost everyone involved. Even Pettine, who clearly grew very friendly with the author.Pettine does owe a lot to Ryan. He was a high school coach and teacher who Rex gave a chance to by interning with the Ravens to cut game film. Pettine basically destroyed his 1st marriage by raiding his retirment account to pay bills when he ditched the teacher job to work full time for almost nothing with the Ravens. He did so without telling his wife. The scene painted herein in the aftermath of a dominant defensives game vs. Tebow's Broncos and the offrense doing nothing seems to have come close to blows, the Jints Victor Cruz Christmas Eve game a replay.   

-http://www.amazon.co...vidoff,nicholas

Edited by Bugg, 20 June 2014 - 01:08 PM.

Objective-Santa Clara, California

Super Bowl 50-February 7th, 2015

#15 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 36,082 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

Not for nothing guys, but Pettine assistanted his way to 2 back to back AFC championship games. Y'all need to recconize he's single-handedly responsible for the greatest era most of us have seen as Jet fans.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#16 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 36,082 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:42 PM

couldnt have said it better. the fact rex looked best friend in eye and removed ingame duties 2 years in a row and then after 2012 season, said, I'm callin plays in 2013 shows that he can when needed put team before buddies etc

BOOM!

But seriously, "Rex favors buddies" = bad. Meanwhile, Pettine's career path has been largely dictated by Rex favoring him, as one of his buddies. 

Pettine sounds like a twat.

Edited by Integrity28, 20 June 2014 - 12:44 PM.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#17 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

Not for nothing guys, but Pettine assistanted his way to 2 back to back AFC championship games. Y'all need to recconize he's single-handedly responsible for the greatest era most of us have seen as Jet fans.

uhhhh, you realize Rex called the ingame D plays in 2009-2010.

Pettine then bellyached, Rex gave him ingame duties 2011/2012 (and in both cases had to remove and we improved at same time. Then told Pettine I am handling calls in 2013, no more chances,)

So Rex was in charge of ingame D calls for the 2 playoff seasons.

Edited by SouthernJet, 20 June 2014 - 12:54 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,692 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

Will he be performing at halftime?

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#19 Arsis

Arsis

An Original JNer

• Members
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

I'll bet 25k that doesn't happen within 5 years.

#20 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 36,082 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

uhhhh, you realize Rex called the ingame D plays in 2009-2010.

Pettine then bellyached, Rex gave him ingame duties 2011/2012 (and in both cases had to remove and we improved at same time. Then told Pettine I am handling calls in 2013, no more chances,)

So Rex was in charge of ingame D calls for the 2 playoff seasons.

lol, really?

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#21 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 59,422 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

That would be hysterical. Hopefully the patient in the bed next to you enjoys the game as well.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#22 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,733 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Will he be performing at halftime?

:D
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#23 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

6 Years Is Enough. Time To Fire Rex

• Members
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

What was that? 

I heard that Rex was giving out his playbook.........like candy! 

Candy%2520Crush%2520Saga-2-PROHP.NET.png

NYJetsScript.gif

#24 Lego My Lageman

Lego My Lageman

The Champ is here

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

Mike Pettiness

#25 Integrity28

Integrity28