NY Jets Minicamp Show - JN Radio 06/24

Maxman

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/jetnation/2014/06/25/ny-jets-minicamp-recap-show.mp3

The New York Jets have completed their offseason program. OTAs and Minicamp have been completed and the players have one month before training camp begins. Listen in as we discuss the New York Jets and recap what we learned during minicamp. 

Listen in as Brandon Dowling and Angelo Berkowitz discuss all this and take your calls live!  (646) 716-4697  (Tom Shane will return next week).

Show link:  http://www.blogtalkradio.com/jetnation/2014/06/25/ny-jets-minicamp-recap-show

Who is calling in live? Somebody needs to ask about the playbook "controversy" with Mike Pettine saying the Patriots have the Jets playbook. Many say this is a non-story.

I'm boycotting the show for as long as Tom Shame is involved. I refuse to support his anti-jets troll persona. Too many rich cimini/skip Bayless wannabes in this world for me.

I'm boycotting the show for as long as Tom Shame is involved. I refuse to support his anti-jets troll persona. Too many rich cimini/skip Bayless wannabes in this world for me.

"Troll persona" implies that I'm faking it.

Yeah Tom isn't faking it at all. That is how he really is. 

Didn't even call Flowers agent. That really sums up Idzik as a GM. DeSean Jackon's on the market? Don't call. Revis? Don't call. Flowers? Don't call. How the **** are you too busy to at least lift the damn phone and see what he wants?

We don't want him. How hard is that to comprehend?

Could it just be that the KC Chiefs defensive co-ordinator used to work for Rex as an assistant coach and Rex could just pick up the phone and ask what he thought of Brandon Flowers.

Heck if Rex couldn't doesn't the fact that a team that runs the same type of scheme as the JETS, got rid of Flowers without any compensation tell something.

Good show.

Here is the link to the episode from Tuesday night.  Brandon was alone and I apologize because the initial show description doesn't completely match what was talked about.  This show covered the Jets not having interest in Brandon Flowers and a look at the roster.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/jetnation/2014/06/25/ny-jets-minicamp-recap-show

Also thank you to our show sponsor Audible.  Get a free download here --> audibletrial.com/jetnation

Didn't even call Flowers agent. That really sums up Idzik as a GM. DeSean Jackon's on the market? Don't call. Revis? Don't call. Flowers? Don't call. How the **** are you too busy to at least lift the damn phone and see what he wants?

Brilliant...let's bring in a CB who struggles in a man to man coverage scheme like the Chiefs ran last year to play in a man to man scheme here with the Jets.  You, sir, really are clueless.

1370.gif

The show was Mike Francesca X 100. Instead of repeating himself three times, it was an  hour repeating the same point over and over and over with the same points over and over with not one intelligent person to debate the issue.. And all we heard was 10 teams contacted him. Yet he visited only one team and signed with that team 10 days after that report. Did it ever cross your mind that the dudes agent planted that story and no one but the Chargers were interested. And calling this guy a pro bowl level player when not one team wanted to give them even a 7th rd. pick for him for the last 2 months? . And how come I never heard you talk about this guy when free agency started and he was on the trading block. And BTW, according to you, every move that Idzik has made to fix the CB position is a total failure, everyone. But Brandon Flowers will fix everything.. And how can anyone want us to sign Revis after all the distractions he caused the last time. And the Giants signing Cromartie for that contact is going to be the final straw in Reese's career. Thank you John Idzik for being smart and patient and letting other teams over pay for one year wonders or douche bags like Revis.

ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE IDZIK A CHANCE

Well I am in the camp that says the Jets did right by passing on Flowers.  They want to see what they can build at CB on their own.  It is risky but Tom Shane said it on the first or second episode, it is time for Rex to make a corner.  Take someone good and make him great.

They have the pass rush to cover up some warts.  The rest is on Rex.

Well I am in the camp that says the Jets did right by passing on Flowers. They want to see what they can build at CB on their own. It is risky but Tom Shane said it on the first or second episode, it is time for Rex to make a corner. Take someone good and make him great.

They have the pass rush to cover up some warts. The rest is on Rex.

Don't be ridiculous, Max. It's not the coach's job to get players to play better. It's on the GM to bring in 53 ready-made, self-taught, self-disciplined, self-motivated talents.

Instant Contender

Make fun of Rex all u want, Revis will never be the same player as he was under Rex, not that he won't be real good with the Pats, but Rex system was built for Mevis. That said, I hope we never ever see him in green.

Don't be ridiculous, Max. It's not the coach's job to get players to play better. It's on the GM to bring in 53 ready-made, self-taught, self-disciplined, self-motivated talents.

Wrong.  The GM also to bring in Pro Bowlers for the practice squad as well.

Yeah, it's not like we have questionable first round picks that everyone sh*t on winning droy or guys coming in as udfa's to play lights out. Those guys don't exist. **** Jeremy kerley while we're at it. Guy underachieves for a 5th rounder. It's all about all those guys we didn't develop.... Like, Mark Sanchez and... Stephen Hill..... And.... And......?

Agenda's are ugly and reality has a way of interfering no matter how much you stick your fingers in your ears and try to ignore it. Maybe if you repeat your "rex sucks" mantra with the religious fervor you might actually convince 3 people.

Agenda's are ugly and reality has a way of interfering no matter how much you stick your fingers in your ears and try to ignore it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha aha

Actually yes - it kinda is their job to do just that, or at least do as much of that as possible. 

uhh

You're implying I have an agenda besides talking about the Jets? I really don't. I let some people get under my skin with the constant bitching in every single thread. I decided to ignore them. It's beautiful. No more Tom and no more stoic.

Archived