LeBron opting out

Jetsfan80

http://www.usatoday.com/tv/web-to-watch/

LeBron James to opt out of contract with Miami Heat

Sam Amick and Jeff Zillgitt, USA TODAY Sports 9:56 a.m. EDT June 24, 2014

LeBron James' agent, Rich Paul, has informed the Miami Heat of his client's decision to exercise the early termination option on his contract and become a free agent on July 1.

Paul confirmed the decision via text message to USA TODAY Sports. While James may ultimately return to Miami on a new deal, the pressure is now squarely on Heat president Pat Riley to win the recruiting war for James' services again like he did in the summer of 2010. James was set to earn $20.5 million next season on the contract that could have gone through 2016 (player option worth $22.1 million).

ESPN first reported the news.

So now we have to hear Miami talk about their two back to back championships until a meteorite hits and destroys the earth like we do about the perfect season they had umpteen years ago?  nice.

The Spurs were 1 rebound away from being repeat champs this year, and with Duncan coming back, would have been in line for a three-peat.  I'd rather focus on that. 

I'm not a Spurs fan, but I despise LeBron and everything he stands for.  Anything that hurts his "legacy" is a good thing.  And meanwhile the Spurs did it the right way and Poppovich entered the conversation for greatest HC of all-time.  Cool stuff.

Archived