Just imagine...

JetFanatic

Imagine that Milliner continues his strong play from the last quarter of last season into this season.  Which would also mean that as the season progressed he would only get better and the fact that he's only 22 years old helps.  Imagine that the Jets defense gets better due to, what I think, are huge upgrades in the secondary.

Imagine that Geno also continues his solid play from the last quarter of last season into this season.  Imagine that with all the added weapons and potential weapons in Decker, Kerley, Johnson, Amaro, Saunders etc he gets even better to where the Jets have a somewhat competent offense in Year 2 of Mornhinweg's offense.  The thought of all those guys named being on the field on offense at the same time is awesome in how if you're a defensive coordinator who will you defend with all the options the Jets have out there.

Imagine it all just gels which isn't a crazy impossibility.  I think this is the season that the Jets overtake the Patriots I really do.  I just see it all clicking.  Geno did decent last season and got them to 8-8 with zero weapons. He had no one.  I couldn't even name an offense impact player who's jersey I would get for the Jets because they had none.  Now they have a few.  I think the defense last season was good enough to get them into the playoffs and farther.  They will be better this season and if they do get better and our offense is even slightly above average I think the Jets can and will surprise. 

And imagine Hill decides to wake up and be an NFL Wide Receiver.  Biggest X Factor in the league right there.  I think the offense right now has all the pieces to be really really good.  I think Hill performing to his potential and being a 6'5'' receiver who runs a 4.4 makes the Jets great because the offense would be unstoppable.  

Sorry for the rant I'm just crazy pumped for this season

Thoughts?

Sometimes I imagine what the guy who first discovered that you could drink milk from a cow was thinking. I have yet to come up with any scenarios where he isn't a giant pervert.

He was thirsty and wanted milk?

Sometimes I imagine what the guy who first discovered that you could drink milk from a cow was thinking. I have yet to come up with any scenarios where he isn't a giant pervert.

What about the first guy to decide he wanted to eat a lobster?

First is possible, if not probable. It's the most likely to happen.

Second is possible, but not probable. I just don't see it. Is he as bad as he was last season to start? No. Is he as good as people claim him to be the second half? No. He's somewhere in the middle and probably a solid back-up in this league.

Third isn't possible and is a meth-infused pipe dream. He didn't produce in college and hasn't shown ANYTHING that says lights are going to turn on.

One out of three ain't bad.

First is possible, if not probable. It's the most likely to happen.

Second is possible, but not probable. I just don't see it. Is he as bad as he was last season to start? No. Is he as good as people claim him to be the second half? No. He's somewhere in the middle and probably a solid back-up in this league.

Third isn't possible and is a meth-infused pipe dream. He didn't produce in college and hasn't shown ANYTHING that says lights are going to turn on.

One out of three ain't bad.

Carl, do birds eat lobster?

"Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one

This, from PawNation:

Humans are the No. 1 predator for adult lobsters. With their hard exoskeletons and large pinchers, lobsters are well-adapted to protecting themselves against would-be predators in the sea. Occasionally seals will eat full-grown lobsters. Cod are the most likely of fish to chow down on these benthic crustaceans. Opportunistic raccoons have been known to raid lobster pounds, although they would never be able to catch such a delectable treat as a wild lobster. Lobsters in captivity will eat each other if left unchecked, but fully cannibalistic behavior has never been witnessed in the wild.

Molting Lobsters

Once they reach adulthood, lobsters are unlikely to be eaten unless they're molting. Lobsters molt up to 25 times in their first 5 years of life. When they reach adulthood, molting slows to once a year and later once every few years. When a lobster sheds a shell, it can take up to two weeks for the lobster's new shell to fully harden. Molting lobsters, if caught out of their hiding place, may get eaten by other animals that patrol the ocean floors. A lobster may even eat another lobster if it happens upon one in this vulnerable state. Surprisingly, a male lobster has never been observed interrupting the reproductive process by eating a shell-less female -- lobsters can mate only when the female has just molted.

At least the first guy who decided to eat raw oysters had his head screwed on right.

Hey I found a rock with a snot in it….. I think I'm gonna eat it.  :D

This whole conversation is a routine from Jim Gaffigan. It's awesome.  Enjoy. 

"Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

But I'm not the only one

And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world...

But I'm not the only one

And the world will live as one

commie

The thing I like about the OP, is that two of the three things are basically hoping that guys pick up where they left off.  Hill is the only situation where we're hoping for a guy to do something he hasn't done before.  I'm not generally a fan of posts filled with hypotheticals, but this one isn't all that far fetched.

We need more homer threads!

I'm pumped for this season too. Very interesting to see how the 12 rookies pan out. I hope to see Improvement from last year's rookies too.

Steady improvement is all I'm asking for.

Kool-Aid, anyone?

We need more homer threads!

I'm pumped for this season too. Very interesting to see how the 12 rookies pan out. I hope to see Improvement from last year's rookies too.

Steady improvement is all I'm asking for.

Kool-Aid, anyone?

You're going 8-8 while praying that Geno looks viable for 10 of his 16 starts. You'll split with the Pats and Dolphins, which will convince Woody that Rex is deserving of a three year deal. He will be wrong. In 2017, you'll start a thread entitled, simply, "Cowher?" This is life.

Imagine that Milliner continues his strong play from the last quarter of last season into this season.  Which would also mean that as the season progressed he would only get better and the fact that he's only 22 years old helps.  Imagine that the Jets defense gets better due to, what I think, are huge upgrades in the secondary.

Imagine that Geno also continues his solid play from the last quarter of last season into this season.  Imagine that with all the added weapons and potential weapons in Decker, Kerley, Johnson, Amaro, Saunders etc he gets even better to where the Jets have a somewhat competent offense in Year 2 of Mornhinweg's offense.  The thought of all those guys named being on the field on offense at the same time is awesome in how if you're a defensive coordinator who will you defend with all the options the Jets have out there.

Imagine it all just gels which isn't a crazy impossibility.  I think this is the season that the Jets overtake the Patriots I really do.  I just see it all clicking.  Geno did decent last season and got them to 8-8 with zero weapons. He had no one.  I couldn't even name an offense impact player who's jersey I would get for the Jets because they had none.  Now they have a few.  I think the defense last season was good enough to get them into the playoffs and farther.  They will be better this season and if they do get better and our offense is even slightly above average I think the Jets can and will surprise. 

And imagine Hill decides to wake up and be an NFL Wide Receiver.  Biggest X Factor in the league right there.  I think the offense right now has all the pieces to be really really good.  I think Hill performing to his potential and being a 6'5'' receiver who runs a 4.4 makes the Jets great because the offense would be unstoppable.  

Thoughts?

Don't come here then the first time Millner get burned or Geno gets picked. There will be a zillion threads about how they suck and Rex sucks and everybody sucks.

Thoughts?

I absolutely agree. A guy who people dont talk much about is David Nelson. I think he's going to end up being a solid pick up. We got him midseason as a FA and during the last 4 games really began to come on as he was finally able to absorb the playbook and what we needed him to do. Him and Geno started clicking late in the season. Now Nelson has gotten OTA's, Minicamp, an entire offseason with, by all reports, a better looking Geno Smith. You add that with Eric Decker, Stephen Hill as their back ups and the #4 WR and Kerley in the slow with our Rookie WR's filling out the depth. I dont even need to touch on the defensive side of the ball as you already took care of that. Last year with nothing on offense we had two games against the Pats decided by 3 points and one going into overtime. We're going to sweep Brady and the Pats this year, I feel it. 

Archived