•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Jets Announce Rewards Program

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,777 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

The NY Jets sent out an email to season ticket holders this week that had a graphic explaining the recently announced Jets Rewards program.  The graphic appears below, along with the text that the Jets published in May when they went public with this program.  

I spoke with team president Neil Glat at the Jets Metlife draft party and he mentioned this program.  He seemed genuine when he said they created this program as a way to give back to their loyal fans.

It is too early to judge this program; although I am curious to see how much fans will be rewarded for going to home games.  On a personal level I would rather be able to exchange my rewards points in for behind the scenes Jets experiences as opposed to merchandise.

I am curious to hear what JetNation thinks about this program.  Continue the conversation and let us know what you think about the New York Jets Reward Program.

Tonight at the season-ticket-holder draft party at MetLife Stadium, fans received handouts introducing Jets Rewards, a new program to recognize our season ticket holders for their loyalty and dedication to the Green & White.

Through activities as simple as attending home games, watching or listening to away games on TV or radio, and participating in non-game Jets events, season ticket holders will earn points which can be redeemed for prizes. Rewards will include unique benefits that only the New York Jets could offer such as behind-the-scenes access and VIP treatment in addition to a wide range of merchandise.

All season ticket holders will be automatically enrolled in the program at no cost and will be able to manage their accounts through a Jets Rewards Online Portal, which will launch this summer. This will also be where fans will exchange their points for prizes.

As part of this program and in the continued effort for the Green & White to go green, all season tickets will be replaced with a paperless wallet-sized smart access card.

Don’t worry: Electronic transfer and sale will not be affected. Once a ticket is transferred or sold, the original will be immediately invalidated for that game. Printing tickets at home or sending them to mobile devices will still be options, and if you lose your card, we will replace it. Additionally, commemorative tickets will be available at the Jets Shop on gamedays.

More information on Jets Rewards will be announced in the coming weeks and season ticket holders should expect to receive additional details in July. The program will be fully active for the first preseason game on August 7. Meanwhile, please direct all questions to your account representative.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#2 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:12 AM

Jets Rewards

Jets RewardsThe NY Jets sent out an email to season ticket holders this week that had a graphic explaining the recently announced Jets Rewards program. The graphic appears below, along with the text that the Jets published in May when they went public with this program.

I spoke with team president Neil Glat at the Jets Metlife draft party and he mentioned this program. He seemed genuine when he said they created this program as a way to give back to their loyal fans.

It is too early to judge this program; although I am curious to see how much fans will be rewarded for going to home games. On a personal level I would rather be able to exchange my rewards points in for behind the scenes Jets experiences as opposed to merchandise.

I am curious to hear what JetNation thinks about this program.  Continue the conversation and let us know what you think about the New York Jets Reward Program.

Tonight at the season-ticket-holder draft party at MetLife Stadium, fans received handouts introducing Jets Rewards, a new program to recognize our season ticket holders for their loyalty and dedication to the Green & White.

Through activities as simple as attending home games, watching or listening to away games on TV or radio, and participating in non-game Jets events, season ticket holders will earn points which can be redeemed for prizes. Rewards will include unique benefits that only the New York Jets could offer such as behind-the-scenes access and VIP treatment in addition to a wide range of merchandise.

All season ticket holders will be automatically enrolled in the program at no cost and will be able to manage their accounts through a Jets Rewards Online Portal, which will launch this summer. This will also be where fans will exchange their points for prizes.

As part of this program and in the continued effort for the Green & White to go green, all season tickets will be replaced with a paperless wallet-sized smart access card.

Don’t worry: Electronic transfer and sale will not be affected. Once a ticket is transferred or sold, the original will be immediately invalidated for that game. Printing tickets at home or sending them to mobile devices will still be options, and if you lose your card, we will replace it. Additionally, commemorative tickets will be available at the Jets Shop on gamedays.

More information on Jets Rewards will be announced in the coming weeks and season ticket holders should expect to receive additional details in July. The program will be fully active for the first preseason game on August 7. Meanwhile, please direct all questions to your account representative.

View the full article

#3 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,561 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

The NY Jets sent out an email to season ticket holders this week that had a graphic explaining the recently announced Jets Rewards program.  The graphic appears below, along with the text that the Jets published in May when they went public with this program.  

I spoke with team president Neil Glat at the Jets Metlife draft party and he mentioned this program.  He seemed genuine when he said they created this program as a way to give back to their loyal fans.

It is too early to judge this program; although I am curious to see how much fans will be rewarded for going to home games.  On a personal level I would rather be able to exchange my rewards points in for behind the scenes Jets experiences as opposed to merchandise.

My first thought....

How come Jetnation.com does not have a rewards program.  Loyal posters with a positive message should get rewarded.  What says you o Supreme leader?

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A man must have a code. 

#4 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,127 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

PSL people are the luckiest people in the world.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#5 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,561 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

IKR...Great time to be a Jets fan!

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A man must have a code. 

#6 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,777 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

I agree.  I am delinquent on my season ticket payment plan.  And I feel lucky every time the Jets call me to check in.  Lucky is exactly the word I would use to describe it, lol.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#7 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,770 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Great investment those PSL's are

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#8 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,334 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Something tells me that the whole "electronic transfers won't be affected" thing won't be permanent. This reeks of setting up infrastructure to put a dent in the resellers market.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#9 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,551 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

A ticket card for entire season instead of paper ticket. So how will you resell tickets for individual games.

#10 Arsis

Arsis

An Original JNer

• Members
  • 18,335 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

This is the worst rewards system in professional sports. Jets can't even do that right.

#11 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 34,300 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

People, PSL People are the luckiest people in the world...http://youtu.be/fPlQ6EtArSc

#12 124

@L7Panda

• Members
  • 36,646 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

A ticket card for entire season instead of paper ticket. So how will you resell tickets for individual games.

Just like people always have in the modern era: upload the tickets from your My Jets Account onto the NFL's Ticket Exchange and/or StubHub. When someone purchases your seats they will be deleted off your card and they will receive paper, print at home tickets, as they normally would.

Within 5-10 years every team will be doing it this way or a similar way.

The Cleveland Indians have you use the credit card you paid for the tickets for as your ticket. You swipe your card at the gates and it prints out a small piece of paper with your name, section, row and seat number(s).

Edited by 124, 29 June 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#13 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,158 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Great investment those PSL's are

No need for IRA's and 401K's.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#14 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

This is the worst rewards system in professional sports. Jets can't even do that right.

What makes it the worst reward system in professional sports?

#15 Arsis

Arsis

An Original JNer

• Members
  • 18,335 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

What makes it the worst reward system in professional sports?

The jets did it and they can't do anything right.

#16 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

I would pay serious money for a stoicsentry/Arsis podcast.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#17 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

I would pay serious money for a stoicsentry/Arsis podcast.

And by this, I mean "the Jets would charge serious money for a stoicsentry/Arsis podcast."

#18 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

And by this, I mean "the Jets would charge serious money for a stoicsentry/Arsis podcast."

And by this, I mean "most of the podcast would consist of stoicsentry and Arsis struggling to convince listeners that Woody Johnson is a genius for charging $9.95 for a podcast."

#19 Arsis

Arsis

An Original JNer

• Members
  • 18,335 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

::yawn::

#20 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,127 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

I think Arsis should guest host the JN podcast in my absence and use that time to show everybody what for.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#21 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

I think Arsis should guest host the JN podcast in my absence and use that time to show everybody what for.

About time these HATURRZ got theirs

#22 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,127 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

I think it's important that we haters come to understand the concept of objective reality, and I think Arsis is just the man to show us the light

#23 use2Jet

use2Jet

Thats Mr Pudsteak to you

• Banned
  • 260 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

I think it's important that we haters come to understand the concept of objective reality, and I think Arsis is just the man to show us the light

Arsis has given me a red down thing on every post I have made, he is the man!

Excuses are like ___ holes, everyone has one

Enough with the Rexcuses, we deserve better than .500

#24 Arsis

Arsis

An Original JNer

• Members
  • 18,335 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, sure, I'll host the show. What's the pay?

#25 use2Jet

use2Jet

Thats Mr Pudsteak to you

• Banned
  • 260 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

This should be called the fools award program. You cannot own a PSL unless you are a fool. I remember discussing the PSL with my father, we had seasons since the late 70s. I said, skip the PSL, and lets pick and chose our games, skip the pre-season, and if they happen to get a home playoff game, we can buy them for whatever they cost and justify it with the savings. With Herman and Rexy at the helm, we will never get a home playoff game, ever.

Excuses are like ___ holes, everyone has one

Enough with the Rexcuses, we deserve better than .500

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users