I'm so happy the Jets didn't draft Manziel

GREENBEAN

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

once upon a time Dan Marino fell in the draft due to coke rumors

Lawrence Taylor basically played his whole career tooted out of his gourd.

In other words, who cares?  

I don't know. On the one hand, social media puts all the sh*t on display we didn't used to regularly see. On the other, times were different back then, and it's a lot easier to lose your job in today's league.

I don't know. On the one hand, social media puts all the sh*t on display we didn't used to regularly see. On the other, times were different back then, and it's a lot easier to lose your job in today's league.

Nothing is private nowadays- more so with Manziel- every move of his will be reported. Nowhere to hide

if he wins games and doesn't fail drug tests, it doesn't matter. Seriously. all that matters is winning. Manziel is a winner and he will probably help that terrible awful franchise beat some teams this year.  he doesn't have to marry your daughter. This isn't Mangini's NFL. He doesn't have to be a choir boy. All he has to do is win games. 

No, he also has to pass random drug tests.

Times weren't that different. Dan marino and LT could do whatever cause they were awesome. the league needs stars and will allow it's stars to do whatever.    Manziel might wash out he might not but you don't get CLE better by making safe choices. that franchise needs a lightning strike.

Nothing is private nowadays- more so with Manziel- every move of his will be reported. Nowhere to hide

Well he could have started with hiding in the stall, you know with the door closed. Like I said before he's the next ryan leaf.

Found this on Pro Football Talk...

This is proof of nothing, but can anyone think of a reason for rolling up dollar bills in the bathroom that isn't to do cocaine?

manziel2.jpg?w=235

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/07/manziels-latest-vegas-trip-creates-an-interesting-photo/

That's a huge relief. Manziel seems to have cleaned up his ways. No Biebs in the picture.

Well he could have started with hiding in the stall, you know with the door closed. Like I said before he's the next ryan leaf.

^^ This ^^

It's speaks volumes on either his intelligence or his attitude that he is doing that right out in the open.  Either one it's not good.

^^ This ^^

It's speaks volumes on either his intelligence or his attitude that he is doing that right out in the open.  Either one it's not good.

Especially after he even said everything he does has been scrutinized, you would think a light bulb would go off and he would realize that he needs to do that sh*t in private if he's going to do it at all.  I can't wait to see him fail.  At least Tebow was a good guy.  Couldn't play football, but he was a good person.  This guy just has douche written all over him.

^^ This ^^

It's speaks volumes on either his intelligence or his attitude that he is doing that right out in the open. Either one it's not good.

the flip side is that the same traits that lead to doing this in the open is probably what made him the collge qb he was

the flip side is that the same traits that lead to doing this in the open is probably what made him the collge qb he was

Potentially. Which also made him a millionaire as well then.  Not too bad for him and we should all be so stupid eh?

Thing is, it reaffirms the idea that he would never have made it here in NY and it was wise not to take the guy no matter how intense the hard on some people had for him in the draft (and still do)

Potentially. Which also made him a millionaire as well then.  Not too bad for him and we should all be so stupid eh?

Thing is, it reaffirms the idea that he would never have made it here in NY and it was wise not to take the guy no matter how intense the hard on some people had for him in the draft (and still do)

I don't disagree about NY, but there's an element of inherent fearlessness at work here that shows up on the football field

I don't disagree about NY, but there's an element of inherent fearlessness at work here that shows up on the football field

I guess if I try I can see the fearlessness in actions like this.  I will say though that if you're too stupid to know that alligators can kill you, you can fearlessly swim in the Florida everglades. :D

We'll see. I'm not necessarily rooting for the kid to fail, but my high level of disdain for all non Jets players allows me to smile when I see buttholes like Pettine bet his career on guy and then watch that guy make an ass of himself.

I'd like to see Cleveland get a team they can at least be proud of already too, but it's gonna be really hard to root for Pettine and a guy we passed on in the draft.  LOL

He's this magnet for attention, both good and bad, and he's well aware of it.  Given that, I don't think doing what he's doing in a Vegas mens' room - a place with cameras and mirrors all around - shows fearlessness so much as it shows carelessness (if not outright stupidity). 

I hope he gets his act together.  If he fails, I'd rather see it on the field than see another one of these kids throwing his life away because he's too young to fully grasp the seriousness/consequences of his behavior. 

I guess if I try I can see the fearlessness in actions like this.  I will say though that if you're too stupid to know that alligators can kill you, you can fearlessly swim in the Florida everglades. :biggrin:

We'll see. I'm not necessarily rooting for the kid to fail, but my high level of disdain for all non Jets players allows me to smile when I see buttholes like Pettine bet his career on guy and then watch that guy make an ass of himself.

I'd like to see Cleveland get a team they can at least be proud of already too, but it's gonna be really hard to root for Pettine and a guy we passed on in the draft.  LOL

I only want to see him succeed because I think he's an exciting football player and I like the game.

Am I the only one who thinks this thread is destined not to end well? Like Manziel ends up tearing in up in the league and this thread proceeds to get bumped?

Yes.

The only thing Manziel will tear is an ACL.

Archived