Namath: "Nothing to me is outstanding about Geno smith"

flgreen

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, it was all about me, see? Ozzie and I are on the same page, because great minds think alike.

There are plenty of other posts to try and feign humility and draw attention to yourself with, Ape, but these are mine. ;)

lol, you are beginning to sound like you're in a mafia game ... even when you aren't

I get it.  You took the E, and switched it to an A, making it GAY, thus insinuating my homosexuality.  Good one dude!

And here we thought that CTM was the only one with an IQ high enough to accomplish such feats... 

I see 3 points that are relevant to what Joe is saying these days.

1-He's a frustrated Jets fan , just like us.

2-he's an old TIME frustrated Jets fan who is sick of watching 'his' team being THE laughingstock of the New york sports world  when he made sure that HIS Jets never were worse than the Giants while he was the QB.and

3-he's an old schooler who  doesn't believe in or like who owns the team and who is coaching the team.

As to Rex Ryan, nobody knows it better than Joe Namath about making predictions, the big difference is Rex has yet shown us that he can back up all of his bravado with results, UNlike what Joe Willie did when he spouted off.

Have you guys noticed how so many if not just about every one of us old timers have started losing interest in this team? I attribute that to the two guys cited in #3. I think once you hit the 40 year mark of being a Jets fan, well it's just about all a reasonable soul can take before he accepts the fact that the Jets will never win another SB in our lifetime and there just are better things to do with a Sunday afternoon in the fall than worrying about watching a crap team ruin a fast dwindling number of our Sunday afternoons that we might have left.

2-he's an old TIME frustrated Jets fan who is sick of watching 'his' team being THE laughingstock of the New york sports world  when he made sure that HIS Jets never were worse than the Giants while he was the QB.and

3-he's an old schooler who  doesn't believe in or like who owns the team and who is coaching the team.

As to Rex Ryan, nobody knows it better than Joe Namath about making predictions, the big difference is Rex has yet shown us that he can back up all of his bravado with results, UNlike what Joe Willie did when he spouted off.

Have you guys noticed how so many if not just about every one of us old timers have started losing interest in this team? I attribute that to the two guys cited in #3. I think once you hit the 40 year mark of being a Jets fan, well it's just about all a reasonable soul can take before he accepts the fact that the Jets will never win another SB in our lifetime and there just are better things to do with a Sunday afternoon in the fall tan worry about watching a crap team ruin a fast dwindling Sunday afternoon

As far as being the supposed laughingstock of NY sports goes, while the 60s/70s Namath would certainly have cause for taking issue with that, 2000s Namath doesn't have much room to talk considering his repeated contributions to that, which we all got another reminder of just this past February.

Have you guys noticed how so many if not just about every one of us old timers have started losing interest in this team? I attribute that to the two guys cited in #3. I think once you hit the 40 year mark of being a Jets fan, well it's just about all a reasonable soul can take before he accepts the fact that the Jets will never win another SB in our lifetime and there just are better things to do with a Sunday afternoon in the fall than worrying about watching a crap team ruin a fast dwindling number of our Sunday afternoons that we might have left.

This is a complete crock of sh*t. 

As far as being the supposed laughingstock of NY sports goes, while the 60s/70s Namath would certainly have cause for taking issue with that, 2000s Namath doesn't have much room to talk considering his repeated contributions to that, which we all got another reminder of just this past February.

Refresh me?

I've been a Jet fan for over 40 years. I'm no fan of Woody Johnson, and the Jets move from Hofstra combined with signing up to continue to be the second class citizens in Giants Stadium II on the heels of three miserable seasons with Richie Mangini just about had me giving up on this team the way I'd given up on every other sports team I used to be a fan of. If they hadn't hired Rex, I just might've freed myself. 

I've been a Jet fan for over 40 years. I'm no fan of Woody Johnson, and the Jets move from Hofstra combined with signing up to continue to be the second class citizens in Giants Stadium II on the heels of three miserable seasons with Richie Mangini just about had me giving up on this team the way I'd given up on every other sports team I used to be a fan of. If they hadn't hired Rex, I just might've freed myself.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I also prefer the Adam Lambert Queen to the Freddie Mercury Queen.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I also prefer the Adam Lambert Queen to the Freddie Mercury Queen.

I'd've taken Shea Stadium and Weeb Ewbank, but they weren't available. 

And I believe you about Queen. 

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,

other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed

that during the low periods of my life,

when I was suffering from

anguish, sorrow or defeat,

I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,

‘You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always.

But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.

Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?’

The Lord replied,

‘The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand is when Rex carried you."

Archived