Namath: "Nothing to me is outstanding about Geno smith"

flgreen

Or perhaps I was simply pointing out the flaws in the comparison that was already being made.  But don't let a little thing like reality get in the way, especially not when you can just throw out another nonsensically baseless "upside" remark to really drive the point home.

Hey guys, Clowney's upside is Gholston, amirite or amirite?!?

defensive much? pull your skirt up i can see your whale tail

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

defensive much? pull your skirt up i can see your whale tail

This from the guy getting his panties in a bunch because not everyone is choking on Namath's crusty old dick.

Welcome to JN, when you say stupid sh*t, you're going to get mocked for it.  It's just that much more amusing when you're too clueless to realize that what you're quoting has already made a clear point about how nonsensical your attempted response is before you even made it.

This from the guy getting his panties in a bunch because not everyone is choking on Namath's crusty old dick.

Welcome to JN, when you say stupid sh*t, you're going to get mocked for it.  It's just that much more amusing when you're too clueless to realize that what you're quoting has already made a clear point about how nonsensical your attempted response is before you even made it.

it's ok, not everyone in the world is always going to agree with you. you're still a good person with value.

yeah when you have nothing nice to say, you stick to generalities. as bugg says he was biting his tongue and being polite.

I thought it was "then you don't say anything," which I think we'd all be fine with.  Just stick to being the mascot.

Since when do football fans turn into outraged Elizabeth Hasselbeck's because Joe Namath chooses not to effuse compliments about the Jets the way Rex does?

Isn't the backlash on Rex that he's too complimentary and needs to stop lauding his players, even when they suck? If so, then how come when Joe says the players need to be better it results in an estrogen explosion?

Since when do football fans turn into outraged Elizabeth Hasselbeck's because Joe Namath chooses not to effuse compliments about the Jets the way Rex does?

Isn't the backlash on Rex that he's too complimentary and needs to stop lauding his players, even when they suck? If so, then how come when Joe says the players need to be better it results in an estrogen explosion?

The closer it aligns with their own anxieties, the more forceful the response.

be my spirit animal.

The closer it aligns with their own anxieties, the more forceful the response.

The same fanbase who's anxieties brew over because their team shares a stadium it only uses 10 days per year with another team would question why others would be unhappy that the drunken mascot continues to troll the team.  Wild.

Yeah, cause that was my point about Vick... Talk about reading comp issues.

The only question left is why you're so shattered over the fact that people don't like hearing 70-year-old Cimini criticize the team every chance he gets, despite the fact that he did something good 40 years ago.

your "point" varies between Namath is always trolling (false) and Namath is always wrong (also false).

Jets fans hate listening to Namath because he says what they don't want to hear and the majority of the time, they know he's right.

He barely even said anything and you've got sand in your vagina. Hell, MOST of what he said is pretty tame and it's all "boohoo, he's trolling and negative and old and and and..."

your "point" varies between Namath is always trolling (false) and Namath is always wrong (also false).

Jets fans hate listening to Namath because he says what they don't want to hear and the majority of the time, they know he's right.

He barely even said anything and you've got sand in your vagina. Hell, MOST of what he said is pretty tame and it's all "boohoo, he's trolling and negative and old and and and..."

:rl:

Trolling and wrong are not mutually exclusive.  Nor did I ever once say he's always wrong.  I said he was dead wrong about Sanchez.

I know this may be hard for you to comprehend, but this particular quote doesn't actually bother me that much, in fact, for the most part I agree that Geno has shown nothing special at this point.  The difference in my opinion with Namath is I'm not talking about replacing Geno already.  Which, after 3 years, Namath was opposed to with Sanchez, but for some reason, Geno doesn't get that same treatment.

My, and other's desire for Namath to go away has to do with the fact that he's constantly offering no meaningful insight or analysis and essentially always taking the opinion that is counter to the direction of the organization.  The Taj Boyd comment is based on nothing and basically insulting the current QBs and the organization at the same time, without any meaningful rationale for why Taj Boyd might be a viable option at quarterback.  No one answered my question, does anyone think Namath has seen Boyd take a single snap?  It seems Namath has an ax to grind with the current organization, for reasons we can only speculate.

No need to discuss any of this any further though, just stick to the insults, simple minded thinking and crudeness seem to suit you well.

The same fanbase who's anxieties brew over because their team shares a stadium it only uses 10 days per year with another team would question why others would be unhappy that the drunken mascot continues to troll the team.  Wild.

giants use it on average 1 or 2 times more a year than jets and it costs more to operate in late december and january so they should pay more

Trolling and wrong are not mutually exclusive.  Nor did I ever once say he's always wrong.  I said he was dead wrong about Sanchez.

I know this may be hard for you to comprehend, but this particular quote doesn't actually bother me that much, in fact, for the most part I agree that Geno has shown nothing special at this point.  The difference in my opinion with Namath is I'm not talking about replacing Geno already.  Which, after 3 years, Namath was opposed to with Sanchez, but for some reason, Geno doesn't get that same treatment.

My, and other's desire for Namath to go away has to do with the fact that he's constantly offering no meaningful insight or analysis and essentially always taking the opinion that is counter to the direction of the organization.  The Taj Boyd comment is based on nothing and basically insulting the current QBs and the organization at the same time, without any meaningful rationale for why Taj Boyd might be a viable option at quarterback.  No one answered my question, does anyone think Namath has seen Boyd take a single snap?  It seems Namath has an ax to grind with the current organization, for reasons we can only speculate.

No need to discuss any of this any further though, just stick to the insults, simple minded thinking and crudeness seem to suit you well.

he has an axe to grind for the same reasons we do, totally incompetent offensive play during the entire current HC's tenure. imagine how a HOF QB and franchise hero feels watching the failboat that is NYJ offense over the years.

he has an axe to grind for the same reasons we do, totally incompetent offensive play during the entire current HC's tenure. imagine how a HOF QB and franchise hero feels watching the failboat that is NYJ offense over the years.

I don't begrudge him his frustrations, but I'm curious where they were when the organization was trying to move on from Sanchez, who provided a long history of ineptitude as opposed to Geno's one season of it.

I don't begrudge him his frustrations, but I'm curious where they were when the organization was trying to move on from Sanchez, who provided a long history of ineptitude as opposed to Geno's one season of it.

He wasn't complimentary of the organization while Sanchez was QB. Just complimentary of Sanchez. Perhaps his comments around Geno's ability are reactionary to the fact that he supported Sanchez positively and that blew up in his face. Maybe he's just hedging a little.

If only we all had the thick skin you possess!

If only.

Or maybe, if only certain fans realized that it's okay for the one guy who legitimized this franchise to speak honestly about an organization that has done nothing but poop their pants for 50 years... 

Trolling and wrong are not mutually exclusive. Nor did I ever once say he's always wrong. I said he was dead wrong about Sanchez.

I know this may be hard for you to comprehend, but this particular quote doesn't actually bother me that much, in fact, for the most part I agree that Geno has shown nothing special at this point. The difference in my opinion with Namath is I'm not talking about replacing Geno already. Which, after 3 years, Namath was opposed to with Sanchez, but for some reason, Geno doesn't get that same treatment.

My, and other's desire for Namath to go away has to do with the fact that he's constantly offering no meaningful insight or analysis and essentially always taking the opinion that is counter to the direction of the organization. The Taj Boyd comment is based on nothing and basically insulting the current QBs and the organization at the same time, without any meaningful rationale for why Taj Boyd might be a viable option at quarterback. No one answered my question, does anyone think Namath has seen Boyd take a single snap? It seems Namath has an ax to grind with the current organization, for reasons we can only speculate.

LOL

well THANK YOU for condescending to speak to me. I've been educated. #blessed

He wasn't complimentary of the organization while Sanchez was QB. Just complimentary of Sanchez. Perhaps his comments around Geno's ability are reactionary to the fact that he supported Sanchez positively and that blew up in his face. Maybe he's just hedging a little.

Never indicated he was.

Its been said a million times how bad hall of fame Qb's looked and played there first 1-3 years so I am not going to repeat it again. We don't know how good Gino can be but we are giving him a better chance to succeed this year. Joe is a Sanchez apoligist so we know what side of the fence he's on. The thing I like about Smith is he's level headed.Does not seem to get nervous or rattled and his answers in his interviews are Jeter like. Ice in his blood can't be coached. That's my observation year 1. 

Never indicated he was.

By asking "where were his frustrations" with Sanchez, you imply it.

If I mistook your meaning it is surely because you are a horrid communicator and deserve nothing less than repeated earlobe flicks with the chorus to the song Timber blaring in your face on loop.

By asking "where were his frustrations" with Sanchez, you imply it.

If I mistook your meaning it is surely because you are a horrid communicator and deserve nothing less than repeated earlobe flicks with the chorus to the song Timber blaring in your face on loop.

Where were his frustrations with Sanchez?

Where were his frustrations with Sanchez?

I think he pointed out what Sanchez did bad and good, which is what he did with Geno too. The lead into the article is more about the "not outstanding" comment, but if you read all of it in context he's not ripping Geno, nor is he necessarily frustrated with him. You introduced that adjective, I don't believe Namath did.

You are arguing as though Namath gave Sanchez blind faith praise, which was never the case. He was fairly consistent in sending the "mark has potential, but mark's not doing enough" message. I think he sent the same message about Geno. 

The rest is how the fans have spun it.

I doubt Namath even remembers what he said about Sanchez, the old fool

fwiw..  I was more offended when he had positive things to say about Sanchez then saying negative things about Geno. At least the latter indicates he's at least paying attention

So Namath lays out the truth once again and the butt hurt Jets fans start crying.

This fan base is incredible ...Its either total denial or its eternal optimism

What Namath is really trying to say in a nice way if that Geno is most likely not the guy

I think he pointed out what Sanchez did bad and good, which is what he did with Geno too. The lead into the article is more about the "not outstanding" comment, but if you read all of it in context he's not ripping Geno, nor is he necessarily frustrated with him. You introduced that adjective, I don't believe Namath did.

You are arguing as though Namath gave Sanchez blind faith praise, which was never the case. He was fairly consistent in sending the "mark has potential, but mark's not doing enough" message. I think he sent the same message about Geno. 

The rest is how the fans have spun it.

Joe's comments about Mark frequently included the idea that he would turn the corner and that he's a good player.  Joe's comments about Geno have always lacked optimism, starting with questioning the merit of drafting him or a QB at all, this about how nothing he sees is outstanding, and about how he'd like it if Boyd or Simms were to beat Geno out.

Seems like he made up his mind about both players very early on and then added his comments regardless of what was seen on the field.

Archived