10 replies to this topic

#1 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

Training Camp With The New York Jets

• Members
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

Michael Vick pranked by radio show after getting set up by Jason Peter

Jets quarterback Michael Vick was recently a "guest" on The Crazy Zone with Paul Jefferson, a sports-talk radio show based in New York City.

Except the whole thing was a set-up.

There's no The Crazy Zone, and there's no Paul Jefferson. The bit was actually a prank call that was the handiwork of Nephew Tommy, a co-host on The Steve Harvey Morning Show, with an assist from Eagles offensive tackle Jason Peters, Vick's friend and former teammate.

The prank is obvious from the beginning of the full audio clip: Peters arranges for Vick to phone Nephew Tommy (aka Thomas Miles) under the guise that he's calling a legit sports-talk show, whereupon caller after caller asks Vick a series of ridiculous questions.

(We interrupt to note that Vick recently told TMZ he was getting into the stand-up comedy business. And that TMZ got hold of an abbreviated clip of Vick getting pranked before any affiliates that carry The Steve Harvey Show put the segment on their websites. And that after he realizes he's been had, Vick gets in a plug for an upcoming comedy show he's producing in Louisiana. And that the club hosting the show tweeted out a link to the audio of the prank. And that Vick re-tweeted the club's tweet. Read what you will into all that.)

Three of the "callers" bring up the following with Vick:

• One says his cousin had been in the same cell block as Vick when Vick was in prison on dogfighting charges, and that Vick promised to send him a signed jersey.

• Another puts on a black-power pose and suggests Vick's battle with Geno Smith for the Jets' starting quarterback job amounts to "black-on-black quarterback crime."

• Another asks if Vick could help arrange to get his dog into a "poodle ring."

Vick gets exasperated after the first couple of callers, but sticks with it. After the "poodle ring" inquiry, he finally tells "Paul" he doesn't want to talk to any more listeners, at which point Nephew Tommy let him in on the gag. "I was about to get my agent on the phone," Vick says. "I got something for Jason Peters."

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_ewoay9ql

Edited by Villain The Foe, 02 July 2014 - 10:22 AM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#2 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

POPULAR

and this after idzik pranked him into believing he had a shot at starting. insult to injury

#3 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,799 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

and this after idzik pranked him into believing he had a shot at starting. insult to injury

lol

baziinga!!! 

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#4 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,197 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

Circus.jpg

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#5 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

lmao nice

Edited by Villain The Foe, 02 July 2014 - 10:30 AM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#6 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 17,397 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

shouldn't a newsworthy prank be original and funny ?

Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.

#7 BroadwayJets

BroadwayJets

NFL Free Agent

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

0% chance Vick thought this was funny

new-york-jets-logo.jpg

#8 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 21,612 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

What a maroon!

Posted Image

A RYAN ALWAYS SAUSAGES HIS FROSTED FLAKES

#9 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Ten years from now, we'll look back and realize this was the moment the prank call was revolutionized.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#10 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 15,995 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Ten years from now, we'll look back and realize this was the moment the prank call was revolutionized.

How dare you sully the legacy of The Jerky Boys: The Movie.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#11 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

lol

NYJetsScript.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users