Josh Gordon arrested in NC

AFJF

And if Wilson wasn't drafted ahead of Davis, this might have almost been clever.

What you should have said was, "He's no Stephen Hill."

Another missed opportunity. Oswald will have your job by this weekend.

Ozzie has all the leverage here and, as such, all I can do is suffer in silence.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol 

OK that one was funny.  

It would be more correct to say you're getting a tattoo of your wife with Oswald's # on the jersey, but you're in a slump so we'll allow it.

How long do we go on referring to it as a slump before just admitting that T0m has failed to develop as a poster?

How long do we go on referring to it as a slump before just admitting that T0m has failed to develop as a poster?

He was a very good poster, no doubt.  The suggestion that he failed to develop as a poster is simply not fair and not correct. 

He skills just diminished at a faster pace than expected.  He is the Alfonso Soriano of JN.  Simply put, he is done...

He was a very good poster, no doubt.  The suggestion that he failed to develop as a poster is simply not fair and not correct. 

He skills just diminished at a faster pace than expected.  He is the Alfonso Soriano of JN.  Simply put, he is done...

Just to play Devil's advocate, could it be argued that he wasn't surrounded with good posters around him, which precipitated his downward spiral? 

Just to play Devil's advocate, could it be argued that he wasn't surrounded with good posters around him, which precipitated his downward spiral?

This is the Blue Period of Jets criticism, really. It's difficult to satirize something that's already a satire, not dissimilar to making Sarah Palin or Kim Kardashian jokes. Herm inspired great comedy because he took himself seriously. Rex and Woody? They write their own jokes. It's tough out in these skreets.

Poor Tom just like poor Rex- if only they had better posters and better QB in their careers

This is the Blue Period of Jets criticism, really. It's difficult to satirize something that's already a satire, not dissimilar to making Sarah Palin or Kim Kardashian jokes. Herm inspired great comedy because he took himself seriously. Rex and Woody? They write their own jokes. It's tough out in these skreets.

So you're saying you didn't have enough weaponz?

tons of talent, mentally deficient. at this point I'd say this guy is not just a selfish idiot but that there is something wrong with his wiring

probably true, but he's 23 and has top 5 all time at the position talent...Cleveland isnt letting him go at least.

probably true, but he's 23 and has top 5 all time at the position talent...Cleveland isnt letting him go at least.

He doesn't have anywhere close to top 5 all time talent.  No one thinks this.  No one.

If Cleveland's GM (and HC, since apparently that's who really calls the shots) thought Manziel was a top 5 all-time talent, then explain the only team looking at him in the top 20 risking losing out on him so they could draft their #2 CB.

He doesn't have anywhere close to top 5 all time talent.  No one thinks this.  No one.

If Cleveland's GM (and HC, since apparently that's who really calls the shots) thought Manziel was a top 5 all-time talent, then explain them risking losing out on him so they could draft their #2 CB.

I believe you're referring to the wrong Browns' dipsh*t.  This particular one is Gordon, not Manziel.

Although don't feel too bad, I almost did the same exact thing when I saw this post last night. :P

He produced at an elite level with the sh*t cocktail of QB's the Browns have.  I'd say he has enormous potential on this basis alone.  It remains to be seen whether he's more like Brandon Lloyd/Mike Wallace or more like Randy Moss, but I'd say he's a lot closer to the latter even now.  He outproduced Calvin Johnson last year despite only playing in 14 games, after all.

He doesn't have anywhere close to top 5 all time talent. No one thinks this. No one.

If Cleveland's GM (and HC, since apparently that's who really calls the shots) thought Manziel was a top 5 all-time talent, then explain the only team looking at him in the top 20 risking losing out on him so they could draft their #2 CB.

I meant Josh Gordon. He was basically Megatron in his first full season.

I meant Josh Gordon. He was basically Megatron in his first full season.

Oh.  I was like, are you freaking serious?

Agreed, Gordon should have had a great career.  Hard to say what his ceiling would/could have been, but look at the numbers he put up with Campbell+Weeden+Hoyer playing round robin at QB...after missing the first 2 games due to suspension.

Special talent.  Freaking shame.

I believe you're referring to the wrong Browns' dipsh*t.  This particular one is Gordon, not Manziel.

Although don't feel too bad, I almost did the same exact thing when I saw this post last night. :tongue:

He produced at an elite level with the sh*t cocktail of QB's the Browns have.  I'd say he has enormous potential on this basis alone.  It remains to be seen whether he's more like Brandon Lloyd/Mike Wallace or more like Randy Moss, but I'd say he's a lot closer to the latter even now.  He outproduced Calvin Johnson last year despite only playing in 14 games, after all.

Yes, I thought he was talking about Manziel.

Oh.  I was like, are you freaking serious?

Agreed, Gordon should have had a great career.  Hard to say what his ceiling would/could have been, but look at the numbers he put up with Campbell+Weeden+Hoyer playing round robin at QB...after missing the first 2 games due to suspension.

Special talent.  Freaking shame.

him and justin blackmon should go in on a shore house together this summer

Archived