Whats Your Favorite or Recommended Drink?

Villain The Foe

Not my "favorite" drink, but at a BBQ competition last year, the team set up next to me introduced me to a cocktail served on the bbq circuit, a Ubon Special, invented by Ubons BBQ.

1 part Jim Beam
1 part pineapple juice
1 part Sprite

Mixed into a tall glass full of ice.

I was skeptical until the drink hit my lips, then BAM! Delicious.

Not my "favorite" drink, but at a BBQ competition last year, the team set up next to me introduced me to a cocktail served on the bbq circuit, a Ubon Special, invented by Ubons BBQ.

1 part Jim Beam

1 part pineapple juice

1 part Sprite

I'll have to try that. I love pineapple juice and sprite is my fav soda. 

1 part Jim Beam

1 part pineapple juice

1 part Sprite

That sounds amazing

chimay-blue-400x400.png

I've been trying to think of whats my favorite beer. Lately I have to say I've been impressed with Sam Adams. Im actually thinking of buying a Sam Adams Utopias bottle just to try it. 

sam_adams_utopias__span.jpg

Its a non-carbonated beer, so you can drink this on special occasions without worrying about it going flat when restoring. And of course you can keep it closed and age it for a few more years.

Depends.

At home and just need something to mellow me out then Makers Mark straight up.

Doing lawn work in the heat or at the beach then a nice cold beer. Im not picky just make it cold.

If Im out I usually let someone pick me one of theose fancy spancy mirco beer beers and tell them I like it even if I don't really.   On occasion I really like one but never remember the name of it to have it again. Old fat married guys version of a one night stand. 

After 9:15 pm and Im out I go back to Makers Mark. 

I am generally a scotch and occasional red wine drinker, but lately been getting into this brewery which recently made its way into my area. I haven't tried much of their selection, but everything I've had has been good.

http://www.duclaw.com

Duclaw is fantastic. They used to have an awesome location right in Fells Point, made for a great stop on a night out. Best brewery in the DC/Baltimore area by far.

Duclaw is fantastic. They used to have an awesome location right in Fells Point, made for a great stop on a night out. Best brewery in the DC/Baltimore area by far.

Yeah, they happened to have Euforia on tap and Hell Razer bottles at a local bar a few months back, I never heard of them so I gave them a try and have been drinking it ever since. They don't have a wide selection out here, I'm assuming just their best sellers (Euforia, HellRazer, Sweet Baby Jesus, Dirty little freak, Bare Ass Blonde, Bad moon and the naked fish's (which is the only one I haven't tried, can't pull the trigger on Rasberry) ) .

Got any recommendations not on that list? I generally drink Stouts and IPA's but really enjoy any good beer. 

Yeah, they happened to have Euforia on tap and Hell Razer bottles at a local bar a few months back, I never heard of them so I gave them a try and have been drinking it ever since. They don't have a wide selection out here, I'm assuming just their best sellers (Euforia, HellRazer, Sweet Baby Jesus, Dirty little freak, Bare Ass Blonde, Bad moon and the naked fish's (which is the only one I haven't tried, can't pull the trigger on Rasberry) ) .

Got any recommendations not on that list? I generally drink Stouts and IPA's but really enjoy any good beer. 

Midwestern IPAs are killing it right now. If you come across Great Lakes Rye of the Tiger or Revolution's Anti-Hero, you're in luck. Centennial IPA is very good, as is Bells Two Hearted and Three Floyds Dreadnaught. Goose Island beers are still good, but their quality has gone noticeably down since they have become a national beer.

If you are a stout man, Founder's Kentucky Breakfast Stout is one of the best stouts on the planet. Three Floyds Dark Lord Russian is also a killer.

Those are all MW beers.

Stone's Enjoy By is also a beast of an ale when they put it out. Best California beer IMO. But I don't know how often they get it all the way East, but that and the Daisy Cutter which I posted above are my favorite beers on the planet.

Midwestern IPAs are killing it right now. If you come across Great Lakes Rye of the Tiger or Revolution's Anti-Hero, you're in luck. Centennial IPA is very good, as is Bells Two Hearted and Three Floyds Dreadnaught. Goose Island beers are still good, but their quality has gone noticeably down since they have become a national beer.

If you are a stout man, Founder's Kentucky Breakfast Stout is one of the best stouts on the planet. Three Floyds Dark Lord Russian is also a killer.

Those are all MW beers.

Stone's Enjoy By is also a beast of an ale when they put it out. Best California beer IMO. But I don't know how often they get it all the way East, but that and the Daisy Cutter which I posted above are my favorite beers on the planet.

Ha, i meant other beers from Du Claw..  But I've never tried most of these and am now keen to try Kentucky Breakfast Stout in particular, so it was a worthwhile misunderstanding :)

Those are all MW beers.

Bells Two-Hearted is insanely good and I'm not a big IPA guy. I haven't had anything from Bells that wasn't great. Oberon is the best summer beer I've ever had and one of the big advantages of living in Florida it its available year round. 

I've been loving this mixology crave sweeping the nation. What bartenders are doing to like a traditional Manhattan is outstanding.

But you can never go wrong with a great Margarita. Favorite tequila of your choice, Cointreau, simple syrup, fresh squeezed lime, splash of OJ, Granma floater. Look out!

Archived