Whats Your Favorite or Recommended Drink?

Villain The Foe

Bells Two-Hearted is insanely good and I'm not a big IPA guy. I haven't had anything from Bells that wasn't great. Oberon is the best summer beer I've ever had and one of the big advantages of living in Florida it its available year round.

Midwest and California are the best two beer regions of the world right now. The beer here almost makes the winters tolerable. Almost.

I've been loving this mixology crave sweeping the nation. What bartenders are doing to like a traditional Manhattan is outstanding.

But you can never go wrong with a great Margarita. Favorite tequila of your choice, Cointreau, simple syrup, fresh squeezed lime, splash of OJ, Granma floater. Look out!

mixology,,who are you , Jon Taffer? ;)

Midwest and California are the best two beer regions of the world right now. The beer here almost makes the winters tolerable. Almost.

Washington State is pretty badass too. Only problem is the best two breweries up there do not bottle their beers. You can only buy kegs or growlers. 

If you're ever in Seattle, try a Mack & Jack's African Amber or a Manny's Pale Ale - both are outstanding.

My favorite Californians are Lagunitas IPA (another good IPA for people who don't love IPAs) and Saison Diego from Green Flash Brewing, 

I've been loving this mixology crave sweeping the nation. What bartenders are doing to like a traditional Manhattan is outstanding.

But you can never go wrong with a great Margarita. Favorite tequila of your choice, Cointreau, simple syrup, fresh squeezed lime, splash of OJ, Granma floater. Look out!

As someone who has been in the bar business for 20+ years, anyone who calls themselves a mixologist immediately gets punched in the face.

It is ridiculous how much Bar Rescue I watch. I had to cut back last year because my inner monologue was starting to sound like Jon Taffer.

Some of the bars he rescues have to be plants, Kitchen Nightmares too.

It's like the Health Department doesn't exist in parts of the country.

The thing I don't buy is the stuff he walks in on at the beginning. Those aren't hidden cameras all the time. At the very least they're asked to play it up.

Actually in a lot of locales its a good old boy system. I can't imagine any food business owner would agree to trash his reputation and make himself look filthy just for some renovation money. I think the only people who would agree to this are the people who genuinely are filthy pigs because they don't care. Pretty much every owner on bar rescue is either one or more of the following: incredibly lazy, incredibly stupid, lacking even rudimentary business skills, looking to get laid, a raging drunk, an @sshole with a major attitude problem, a son squandering what his smarter but too old father built ie idiot kid syndrome.. It really is never a nice, smart guy with a head on his shoulders who just can't make it work.

The thing I don't buy is the stuff he walks in on at the beginning. Those aren't hidden cameras all the time. At the very least they're asked to play it up.

Of course they know the cams are there, but i don't think they are getting the owners to put roaches in the bottles.

Actually in a lot of locales its a good old boy system. I can't imagine any food business owner would agree to trash his reputation and make himself look filthy just for some renovation money. I think the only people who would agree to this are the people who genuinely are filthy pigs because they don't care. Pretty much every owner on bar rescue is either one or more of the following: incredibly lazy, incredibly stupid, lacking even rudimentary business skills, looking to get laid, a raging drunk, an @sshole with a major attitude problem, a son squandering what his smarter but too old father built ie idiot kid syndrome.. It really is never a nice, smart guy with a head on his shoulders who just can't make it work.

I'm well aware of the good old boy network. I've seen it in action. I've worked for horrible, lazy owners.

Some of those places would clearly make someone sick, maybe even kill someone. I just find it very hard to believe that even the good old boy network would ignore that.

It is ridiculous how much Bar Rescue I watch. I had to cut back last year because my inner monologue was starting to sound like Jon Taffer.

as long as u dont smile like him,,he looks like Star Treks's  Dr. Phlox

F-phlox.jpg

My favorite is the smart person who could be doing great if they didn't let their a$$hole friend/relative run the place into the ground.

I'm well aware of the good old boy network. I've seen it in action. I've worked for horrible, lazy owners.

Some of those places would clearly make someone sick, maybe even kill someone. I just find it very hard to believe that even the good old boy network would ignore that.

How about another show where Taffer takes on the good ol' boy's network?

"Your cousin on the zoning board put a roller coaster next to your bedroom window and it KILLED someone?!?

WELL GUESS WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO NOW!!"

Not my "favorite" drink, but at a BBQ competition last year, the team set up next to me introduced me to a cocktail served on the bbq circuit, a Ubon Special, invented by Ubons BBQ.

1 part Jim Beam

1 part pineapple juice

1 part Sprite

Mixed into a tall glass full of ice.

I was skeptical until the drink hit my lips, then BAM! Delicious.

Mixed these up last night using the bottle of Knob Creek that had my name on it. Damn good!

every sunday. all day. im pretty sure i could open a bar now. just gotta have a butt funnel and make sure the stools are the correct height, 

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, i meant other beers from Du Claw..  But I've never tried most of these and am now keen to try Kentucky Breakfast Stout in particular, so it was a worthwhile misunderstanding :)

I was up in Michigan this past weekend and had this stout, which was a ******* awesomely pleasant surprise. I had seen it in the store a few times and never tried it, but we stumbled into the brewery and this stout really made the day.

dragons-milk.jpg

We also went to the Founder's and Bells breweries. If any of you ever come across the red ale that Bells makes, stock up, it's great.

Archived