ESPN: Most Memorable Jets Play Vote

CrazyCarl40

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/tag/_/name/2014-Memorable-Plays

Two of the plays went AGAINST the Jets. They couldn't come up with anything better than the Fake Spike and the Buttfumble? Ugh.

The fake spike is pretty memorable. This is the year that I became a Jets fan, the same year I grew that fiery hatred for the Dolphins based on that very game. The buttfumble shouldn't even be on the list though. Its more of a bad memory of Sanchez than a Jets Memory. 

Well OBrien to Toon with 41 seconds left to knock the Giants out of the playoffs should be up there.

"Buttfumble" and "Fake Spike" are now part of NFL lexicon. How proud.

That play unfolded right in front of me! I was with a friend who is a die hard Giants fan and he was so pissed that we did that, and claimed that we were betraying NY. That was an awesome moment!

1983 divisional playoff game against the Raiders. Jets are down 14-10 with less than four minutes to go. It looks like the Raiders are going to win given that the Jets weren't able to move the ball at all in the fourth quarter. Suddenly, Wesley Walker catches an impossible, 45-yard bomb from Richard Todd with a Raiders DB back all over him. The Jets won 17-14. Walker's catch was the most memorable Jets play in history to me, because I was 7 years old and it was the first Jets game I had ever watched.

Funny though, because I was so young I kind of thought the Jets were never going to lose after that. That mindset only lasted a week, however, when the Jets lost the mud bowl 14-0 against the Dolphins. It was too bad, because the New York Sack Exchange would have been able to stop John Riggins in the Superbowl that year. The sight of Abdul Salaam, by the way, scared me when I was 7, as he was just a big bad dude.

2000 Christmas Eve game vs. Ravens - win and in playoff scenario.

Jets up by 3 going in for a TD at the end of the 1st half when Chris McCallister picks off Vinny and returns it 102 yards for the TD.    The second half saw the jets give up 2 kick return TDs and they blew the game.   Vinny threw for almost 500 yards and the Ravens had less than 200.   

On the + side:

Shonne Greene runs over Eric Weddle and then mocks Ladanian Tomlinson in the endzone.  

41-0 vs Peyton Manning in the Jets last home playoff game. 

Archived