Four teams interested in trading for Andre Johnson (no teams mentioned)

jgb

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know the full "future power rankings" list that ESPN came out with? It's for insiders only ... All I can see really is Seattle is number 1 , Green Bay is number 2 and I see something saying Dallas is ranked 28th. I'm just curious to see where the Jets landed.

Florida is lovely this time of year, you Neanderthal.

Pretty much the only state worth living in.

Tom lives in the most digusting place I've ever been in this country and I've been every where.

In Phoenix now, I will never return.  Although there are a lot of hotties here.

Pretty much the only state worth living in.

Tom lives in the most digusting place I've ever been in this country and I've been every where.

In Phoenix now, I will never return. Although there are a lot of hotties here.

You can't handle the skreets. Me, I was born in these skreets. It's where I learned to drop beats.

Does anyone know the full "future power rankings" list that ESPN came out with? It's for insiders only ... All I can see really is Seattle is number 1 , Green Bay is number 2 and I see something saying Dallas is ranked 28th. I'm just curious to see where the Jets landed.

Jets are ranked 22nd in that poll.  Giants were 18.  These polls mean nothing though.

probably Pats or Panthers

Doubt the Panthers have the cash to do so, and after the moving of funds for Revis and Thurmond, I doubt the Pats have the cash as well. Could be wrong, but if any of these teams make a move and the Jets are genuinely interested, from a cash point the Pats and Panthers wont be able to hang. 

Andre Johnson is a potential headache. He'd be the WR version of Darrelle Revis. He'll be happy this year, but will be acting funny the following year. And he's on the wrong side of  30. 

If we sign him then I'd be pissed because if thats the case then we should have signed Desean Jackson, or at least attempted too. 

Doubt the Panthers have the cash to do so, and after the moving of funds for Revis and Thurmond, I doubt the Pats have the cash as well. Could be wrong, but if any of these teams make a move and the Jets are genuinely interested, from a cash point the Pats and Panthers wont be able to hang.

Andre Johnson is a potential headache. He'd be the WR version of Darrelle Revis. He'll be happy this year, but will be acting funny the following year. And he's on the wrong side of 30.

If we sign him then I'd be pissed because if thats the case then we should have signed Desean Jackson, or at least attempted too.

You think he'd be a problem child? Also I think AJ>DJ myself

Andre Johnson is a potential headache. He'd be the WR version of Darrelle Revis. He'll be happy this year, but will be acting funny the following year. And he's on the wrong side of  30. 

I didn't know he was an every-other-year headache like Revis has always been. He may have this type of history, but I'm just unaware of it.  He held out or something for his current deal some years ago, but he'd have been better off playing out his last one (though that's easy for me to say, knowing now that he had a career that lasted through his prior deal and then some). I think he just wants out of Houston now, for reasons stated, plus he realizes he made a bad deal for himself compared to what other, lesser receivers have gotten. 

I think that if Houston guaranteed his 2015 salary+bonus, that his concern about being on a rebuilding team this year would vanish (or anyway, enough to show up to camp right away).  He has this concern over being on a rebuilding Texans team, but I think people are looking at this concern incorrectly. This year isn't much of a concern, even though it's year 1 of the rebuild, since the team is going to carry an 8-figure cap charge whether he's kept or cut. But next year, cutting him saves the team $9M and that cap savings jumps to $12M the year after that.  Jason's site, as usual, outlines this pretty neatly.

In other words, if he's going to be out on the street looking for a new contract, which he has legitimate concerns about with his age and $11-12M salaries, that he's better off looking for a new deal at age 33 than at age 34.  

I didn't know he was an every-other-year headache like Revis has always been. He may have this type of history, but I'm just unaware of it.  He held out or something for his current deal some years ago, but he'd have been better off playing out his last one (though that's easy for me to say, knowing now that he had a career that lasted through his prior deal and then some). I think he just wants out of Houston now, for reasons stated, plus he realizes he made a bad deal for himself compared to what other, lesser receivers have gotten. 

I think that if Houston guaranteed his 2015 salary+bonus, that his concern about being on a rebuilding team this year would vanish (or anyway, enough to show up to camp right away).  He has this concern over being on a rebuilding Texans team, but I think people are looking at this concern incorrectly. This year isn't much of a concern, even though it's year 1 of the rebuild, since the team is going to carry an 8-figure cap charge whether he's kept or cut. But next year, cutting him saves the team $9M and that cap savings jumps to $12M the year after that.  Jason's site, as usual, outlines this pretty neatly.

In other words, if he's going to be out on the street looking for a new contract, which he has legitimate concerns about with his age and $11-12M salaries, that he's better off looking for a new deal at age 33 than at age 34.  

Yeah, I don't recall him being Revis like either. I think if he goes to a new team he is grateful to be out of Houston and would be a good soldier. Too bad it will not be for the Jets. I was praying when we traded up for the 4th pick in that draft that he would fall to us, although the dopes would have still probably drafted Robertson which would have been a bigger cock kick than it even was.

Yeah, I don't recall him being Revis like either. I think if he goes to a new team he is grateful to be out of Houston and would be a good soldier. Too bad it will not be for the Jets. I was praying when we traded up for the 4th pick in that draft that he would fall to us, although the dopes would have still probably drafted Robertson which would have been a bigger cock kick than it even was.

It was one of the dumbest move-ups ever.  I get it that Palmer was locked in at #1, but who trades up to #4 a day before the draft begins? When you trade two #1s and a #4, I take for granted a team has its heart set on one guy.  How do you make a trade of that magnitude before you know 100% that the guy you want is going to be there? 

The ridiculous thing is we may have gotten lucky with Robertson, since we might have ended up with Charles Rogers instead.  While Robertson was a bust for a #4 pick, he wasn't half the bust that Rogers was.  Robertson at least started for years.  The problem is when you trade up like that you're looking for an elite starter (very good at a minimum), not a meh starter - one with bad knees carrying ~315 lbs on a 6'1 frame - who occasionally has a good game.

But imagine if we'd ended up with Charles Rogers for that haul.  Robertson was bad enough.  But getting "lucky," by getting the perceived Warren Sapp II they actually wanted, doesn't excuse moving up before they knew he was even going to be there.  Whatever Bradway thought he knew about Detroit and Houston's guy, there can always be an unexpected trade-up from someone else that changes things. 

Two #1s plus a #4 before the draft even started.  And you cut your balls off in advance with regard to contract negotiations when it's time for that. We'd just won the division and instead of two value-priced 1st rounders (and a 4th) we get one mega-expensive 1st rounder and don't even know who it's going to be at the time of the trade? I mean how can any GM have that impossibly-deficient lack of foresight? 

What were we talking about again? 

It was one of the dumbest move-ups ever.  I get it that Palmer was locked in at #1, but who trades up to #4 a day before the draft begins? When you trade two #1s and a #4, I take for granted a team has its heart set on one guy.  How do you make a trade of that magnitude before you know 100% that the guy you want is going to be there? 

The ridiculous thing is we may have gotten lucky with Robertson, since we might have ended up with Charles Rogers instead.  While Robertson was a bust for a #4 pick, he wasn't half the bust that Rogers was.  Robertson at least started for years.  The problem is when you trade up like that you're looking for an elite starter (very good at a minimum), not a meh starter - one with bad knees carrying ~315 lbs on a 6'1 frame - who occasionally has a good game.

But imagine if we'd ended up with Charles Rogers for that haul.  Robertson was bad enough.  But getting "lucky," by getting the perceived Warren Sapp II they actually wanted, doesn't excuse moving up before they knew he was even going to be there.  Whatever Bradway thought he knew about Detroit and Houston's guy, there can always be an unexpected trade-up from someone else that changes things. 

Two #1s plus a #4 before the draft even started.  And you cut your balls off in advance with regard to contract negotiations when it's time for that. We'd just won the division and instead of two value-priced 1st rounders (and a 4th) we get one mega-expensive 1st rounder and don't even know who it's going to be at the time of the trade? I mean how can any GM have that impossibly-deficient lack of foresight? 

Completely agree, it was soooooo unbelievably dumb.

Bradway was an awful GM, but a respectable scout (which is how he's still managed to stick around with 2 GMs after himself).  The funny thing was that, in those days, you could even see that in the Jets' drafts, as they actually had a pretty good success rate in the later rounds of the draft (on a relative scale), more so than they did with their high picks.  Once all of the idiotic big trades were off the table, and he was no longer getting caught up in all of the glitz and glamor that came with the high picks, things actually didn't go so bad.  That's not a defense mind you, because those high picks are obviously pretty damn important, but always something I found quite intriguing, even back then.

Archived