Reasons to feel good about the Jets

Maxman

3 - if the OLine can do anything at all then the offense should be good enough to win 10 games.    Forget about Geno, the OL will determine the success of this O. 

That's my only concern. If Geno's running for his life on a lot of the snaps it's going to be hard to win against good pass rushes. M2 can only do so much with play call to remedy that.

Other than the O-line we're starting to simmer and are close to being soup. Should be good enough to make the play-offs.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just fooling yourselves.

Geno is awful and we all know it. The guy takes a ****in 7 step drop out of the shotgun for **** sake. Too many question marks. Footwork, accuracy, pocket awareness and he can't handle a playbook. As evidenced by us scaling it back. People will point to that as him having success but we limited the game plan big time.

Our oline is average at best.

WR's lol people are getting excited over Decker. The guy can't run but 3 routes and has been shut down by # 2 and 3's his career.

Our LB's and CB's are all average and below average. Shows how dumb this fan base is that people think Davis is a good player

just fooling yourselves.

Geno is awful and we all know it. The guy takes a ****in 7 step drop out of the shotgun for **** sake. Too many question marks. Footwork, accuracy, pocket awareness and he can't handle a playbook. As evidenced by us scaling it back. People will point to that as him having success but we limited the game plan big time.

WR's lol people are getting excited over Decker. The guy can't run but 3 routes and has been shut down by # 2 and 3's his career.

Our LB's and CB's are all average and below average. Shows how dumb this fan base is that people think Davis is a good player

So what exactly was your reason to feel good about the Jets?

It's not unrealistic to expect this team to have depth at positions where it  has had close to none over the past few seasons.  It looks like they'll be bringing a dozen WR's and CB's to camp, and six or seven OG's who all have a legit shot to win a spot on the roster.  Let all these guys compete and keep the top performers.  Between Colon, Winters, Aboushi, Dozier, and Campbell, they should be able to put together a decent group.  I think we see Dozier become a long term starter at some point, but I have no idea what to expect from Campbell.  Pretty much the same deal at WR and CB.  They're bringing in past starters and a ton of young talent to compete.  It's been Idzik's philosophy from day 1, but I think there's a lot more opportunity to put together a decent roster with this year's group over last year's.

just fooling yourselves.

OP asked for reasons to feel good.  this is poor form even for a crappy troll like you

ban this tool already

I really thought our draft was one of the team's better in recent history - looking forward to the kids playing.

I liked the 2013 draft class and the 2014 draft class looks to be promising. That is what I'm most excited about. Building through the draft, something the Jets haven't done in a while.

Reasons to feel good, we might lose enough games to draft Mariota is the only one I can think of.

Cmon seriously? We went 8-8 last year with a no name offense.  With our schedule as brutal as it is its a toss-up how we do. Key is who will be the QB.

If Eugene is given the reigns at the start of the season Jets will go 6-8. If Vick starts or takes over early enough to salvage the season 10-6 or 9-7. Either way its

no way they are positioned to land Mariota.     

Tom Brady is finally getting older.

Uh last I heard Brady intends on playing until he cant walk.  The guy is in phenomenal shape, has a gun for an arm, is pretty much always well protected by Belicheck

and continues to get slicker.  Blanda played until he was 48-49 and was a chain smoking radical.  Brady is an organic nutcase.  Guy could play until he's 50.  

Uh last I heard Brady intends on playing until he cant walk.  The guy is in phenomenal shape, has a gun for an arm, is pretty much always well protected by Belicheck

and continues to get slicker.  Blanda played until he was 48-49 and was a chain smoking radical.  Brady is an organic nutcase.  Guy could play until he's 50.  

LOL Brady playing until he is 50.  That gave me a good chuckle.

just fooling yourselves.

Geno is awful and we all know it. The guy takes a fuckin 7 step drop out of the shotgun for fuck sake. Too many question marks. Footwork, accuracy, pocket awareness and he can't handle a playbook. As evidenced by us scaling it back. People will point to that as him having success but we limited the game plan big time.

Plenty of other threads for this. Just looking for something different in here. Totally disagree on Geno btw.

1 - I'm excited that all of the team cancers and prima donna's have finally been sent packing.   Holmes and Sanchez were the final two that needed to go.   If nothing else this team should at least be likeable and fun to root for.   

2 - addition of playmakers on O.   CJ2K may have lost a step but he can still score from anywhere on the field and Decker should be a 1st down machine.  

3 - if the OLine can do anything at all then the offense should be good enough to win 10 games.    Forget about Geno, the OL will determine the success of this O. 

Great post.

:Banane43:

Lot of positives but the negatives weigh them down.  But its a 'positive' thread so.....

WR corps vastly improved with addition of Decker, Amaro and a few of the WR rooks. 

OL improved with addition of Dozier, a year under Winters belt and Gianncomo?  is an even replacement at RT.

Vick will take over eventually (one can only hope).

Running game added Johnson so more depth for that crew.

Defense is young with numerous players going into their prime.   

Secondary will be substantially better - more depth and Milliner is emerging and we finally got a slam bam thank you ma'am safety.     

Thanks for following the spirit of the thread.  Great job!

Dozier is interesting...and I do like the swap at RT -- because they saved so much money. Just can't overpay for players like Howard imo.

Tom Brady is finally getting older.

He will be 37 when he takes his first regular season snap to it.  He has time left, but I agree, he is getting older.  That does sound good!

Cmon seriously? We went 8-8 last year with a no name offense.  With our schedule as brutal as it is its a toss-up how we do. Key is who will be the QB.

If Eugene is given the reigns at the start of the season Jets will go 6-8. If Vick starts or takes over early enough to salvage the season 10-6 or 9-7. Either way its

Anything can happen. The texans went from playoffs to #1 pick in the draft in the span of one season. The falcons went from the NFC championship game to 4-12 in the same time frame.

Honestly if that can happen to those teams, I can easily see it happening to the Jets.

Anything can happen. The texans went from playoffs to #1 pick in the draft in the span of one season. The falcons went from the NFC championship game to 4-12 in the same time frame.

Honestly if that can happen to those teams, I can easily see it happening to the Jets.

The Jets have a much better coach than either of those teams. 

ch9zEGh.gif

Geno is so bad the Jets will not be allowed to play the final two games of the season!

Archived