Rex Ryan - number 16 in NFL.COM head coach rankings

faba

Was there any precedent for tampering with a sh*tty coach?

C'mon. Parcells was overrated but sh*tty might be strong.  Even though his final season he had SIX 1st round pick defenders and their D still sucked. (Dallas couldn't win a single game unless they scored 3 TDs or more, and was 4-8 when they scored up to 31 points.  But they were undefeated when they scored 34 points or more -- sick D in Big D!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon. Parcells was overrated but sh*tty might be strong. Even though his final season he had SIX 1st round pick defenders and their D still sucked. (Dallas couldn't win a single game unless they scored 3 TDs or more, and was 4-8 when they scored up to 31 points. But they were undefeated when they scored 34 points or more -- sick D in Big D!

Can you show us how Rex is secretly better than Bill Walsh next? Thx.

In the immortal words of the above highly-paid ESPN expert after the Doug Brien game, it's better to kick a FG on 3rd down so if you miss it or fumble the snap you can simply  kick it again. 

You don't get to re-kick if you miss the FG attempt on 3rd down.  Fumbled snap or blocked kick (only when recovered by the kicking team), yes.  

Can you show us how Rex is secretly better than Bill Walsh next? Thx.

LOL you're like a moth to a flame.

I draw comparison to your hero, who apparently has never made a mistake.

You respond immediately.

You make outlandish exaggeration beyond anything I've even hinted at; a semi-change of subject rather than replying to the actual comparison.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I feel like a marionette puppeteer.

LOL you're like a moth to a flame.

I draw comparison to your hero, who apparently has never made a mistake.

You respond immediately.

You make outlandish exaggeration beyond anything I've even hinted at; a semi-change of subject rather than replying to the actual comparison.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I feel like a marionette puppeteer.

You were fishing for my attention. I gave it to you and this is how you repay me? Hurtful.

When you have bottom of the league talent, and have a middle of the pack record, you deserve to be higher than #16 IMO.

unless you're the reason for the bottom of the league talent to begin with.  Rex had talent when he got here, and let it slowly whither and die.  Oline, WR, RB, and TE have all gotten crappier under Rex's watch.  Because, you know, defense.

unless you're the reason for the bottom of the league talent to begin with. Rex had talent when he got here, and let it slowly whither and die. Oline, WR, RB, and TE have all gotten crappier under Rex's watch. Because, you know, defense.

The truth^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

unless you're the reason for the bottom of the league talent to begin with. Rex had talent when he got here, and let it slowly whither and die. Oline, WR, RB, and TE have all gotten crappier under Rex's watch. Because, you know, defense.

He wasn't the GM. He still isn't the GM.

Ranking is way too high, the 13 Jets were the most talented nfl squad since some of those late 80's niner teams. The fact that Rex was only able to squeak out 8 wins with a roster full of all pros is all the evidence you need of the validity of Shame and his minions case on Rex.

Ranking is way too high, the 13 Jets were the most talented nfl squad since some of those late 80's niner teams. The fact that Rex was only able to squeak out 8 wins with a roster full of all pros is all the evidence you need of the validity of Shame and his minions case on Rex.

The author of every article dismissing Rex and the Jets is my minion now. My reach extends throughout the Seven Kingdoms and, perhaps, beyond The Wall.

Ok it gets ridiculous on both sides of this but now the GM has all the fault- Rex or any coach has no responsibilty for any failures of a team- DUH

Frank getting raw on a Saturday morning. Probably just threw three hos out the front door of his Alpine manse, hit the leftover coke off the coffee table, then washed it down with some lukewarm Rumplemintz.

Frank getting raw on a Saturday morning. Probably just threw three hos out the front door of his Alpine manse, hit the leftover coke off the coffee table, then washed it down with some lukewarm Rumplemintz.

Jealous?

GhostOfGlennFoley, on 16 Jul 2014 - 9:43 PM, said:

snapback.png

LOL A strategist? C'mon bro your trying waaaay too hard now. And beating the Saints when their on the road is hardly a feat. Guy is fighting for his job for a reason. When hes gone he'll never get another HC gig.

Those are hard, empirical facts. Name me other coaches that have beaten Manning and Brady in consecutive weeks. List isn't too long, hoss. 

16th sounds about right. He is neither great nor terrible, though consistency has never been a strong suit. I don't know how many times the Jets have come off a 'game they shouldn't have won' and then played badly in a 'game they shouldn't have lost'. See, Buffalo after the Dave and Buster's incident and Cincy following an OT win over NE. Fell right on their collective faces. That is Rex in a nutshell. Good, but good enough???? Many question marks after that one.

Rex is a coach who works with what he has but like Parcells said, there are coaches who can build teams and ones who cant. If I owned the Jets, David Shaw of Stanford, would have the clipboard.

What team did Parcells build?  He has not won a single playoff game since Belichick left him.  Are we jealous of those powerhouse teams he built in Dallas and Miami?  8-8 doesn't seem too bad compared to that.  Guy never picked his own groceries past an AFC championship game even with Belly.  Guy is 3-5 in the playoffs since he left George Young in 1990. Dynasty builder!

Archived