Rex "Confident" Jets will be playoff team

Jetlife33

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confident in Rex but he can only do so much, Idzik needs to give him a better team than this. With $40m and 12 draft picks, it's crazy that he couldn't find a #2 WR and #2 CB. Those were two of the teams biggest needs and Idzik didn't do enough to address either of them.

I'm confident in Rex but he can only do so much, Idzik needs to give him a better team than this. With $40m and 12 draft picks, it's crazy that he couldn't find a #2 WR and #2 CB. Those were two of the teams biggest needs and Idzik didn't do enough to address either of them.

agreed once again Rex goes into the breach w/3-win talent i mean how many times do we have to see this play out before we give him personnel control

agreed once again Rex goes into the breach w/3-win talent i mean how many times do we have to see this play out before we give him personnel control

I hadn't considered that, but you make a good point there. Rex should definitely be given more power.

I hope you guys are kidding? Rex more power? Why because this team doesn't have his stamp all over it? Just look at who we've gone after in FA/Draft. Look at how we try to win games. Even the direction of the team right now. It screams Rex. People just love to suck this guys balls. It reeks of fear of looking like a loser and hanging on to this guy at all cost. Seriously the excuses are already mounting. "Lets see how we do with weapons on O" and then "We don't have enough talent" LOL.

Jesus stop talking out of both sides. How many HC's could get away with starting and not bringing in someone to challenge Mark after how horrible he looked since day 1? You don't do that without having power. Again the excuses are already starting. Fans are just scared to death of starting over and looking like a joke even though we are. Just scared of no chance of a SB, even though there is no chance now.

I hope you guys are kidding? Rex more power? Why because this team doesn't have his stamp all over it? Just look at who we've gone after in FA/Draft. Look at how we try to win games. Even the direction of the team right now. It screams Rex. People just love to suck this guys balls. It reeks of fear of looking like a loser and hanging on to this guy at all cost. Seriously the excuses are already mounting. "Lets see how we do with weapons on O" and then "We don't have enough talent" LOL.

Jesus stop talking out of both sides. How many HC's could get away with starting and not bringing in someone to challenge Mark after how horrible he looked since day 1? You don't do that without having power. Again the excuses are already starting. Fans are just scared to death of starting over and looking like a joke even though we are. Just scared of no chance of a SB, even though there is no chance now.

smh

He couldn't have waited until AFTER training camp? like, when he actually gets to see if this is the team he's been waiting for?

And then whats he gonna say ?

Hey guys this team sucks and we wont make the playoffs ?

Im fine with Rex pushing for the playoffs. Its certainly better than him pushing the SB which I don't expect until at least week 3

And then whats he gonna say ?

Hey guys this team sucks and we wont make the playoffs ?

Im fine with Rex pushing for the playoffs. Its certainly better than him pushing the SB which I don't expect until at least week 3

Rex just called out the Patriots again and proclaimed that he is a Great Coach.

Rex just called out the Patriots again and proclaimed that he is a Great Coach.

I have a hard time arguing the point.  How many current HC's would have his record if they had a QB that turned it over 25+ times every season?  I'm gussing they'd win roughly 40% of their games.  Rex has his flaws, but he gets the most out of the talent  he has.  For me, personally, that's all I've ever said you can expect from a great coach/manager.  Does the guy get the most out of what he has?  Rex does that IMO. 

That being said, I'd still prefer he just shut up and coach.

I have a hard time arguing the point.  How many current HC's would have his record if they had a QB that turned it over 25+ times every season?  I'm gussing they'd win roughly 40% of their games.  Rex has his flaws, but he gets the most out of the talent  he has.  For me, personally, that's all I've ever said you can expect from a great coach/manager.  Does the guy get the most out of what he has?  Rex does that IMO. 

That being said, I'd still prefer he just shut up and coach.

Yeah, this isn't my favorite part of him, but it's part of the package; that's his personality. Even among SB coaches, some do well by being a mean bastard everyone hates (Coughlin) and others are super-nice to them (Carroll).  Some are loud (Coughlin, Parcells, Cowher, Chucky, Jim Harbaugh), and some are soft-spoken, especially with the press (Tomlin, Belichick, John Harbaugh).  Some guys take advantage of a coach like this when they can (Holmes - though I think he'd be trouble anywhere he had guaranteed $) and some respond well to it.

Personally, I've never been a fan of the "We're gonna be..." stuff myself.  Makes me think of a smoker - or any type of addict or procrastinator or whatever - who says he's gonna do something.  But whatever, that's not my personality and it is Rex's personality. 

Yeah, this isn't my favorite part of him, but it's part of the package; that's his personality. Even among SB coaches, some do well by being a mean bastard everyone hates (Coughlin) and others are super-nice to them (Carroll).  Some are loud (Coughlin, Parcells, Cowher, Chucky, Jim Harbaugh), and some are soft-spoken, especially with the press (Tomlin, Belichick, John Harbaugh).  Some guys take advantage of a coach like this when they can (Holmes - though I think he'd be trouble anywhere he had guaranteed $) and some respond well to it.

Personally, I've never been a fan of the "We're gonna be..." stuff myself.  Makes me think of a smoker - or any type of addict or procrastinator or whatever - who says he's gonna do something.  But whatever, that's not my personality and it is Rex's personality. 

Definitely my least favorite part of him, and while I wish he'd tone it down...I can live with it.

Archived