Rex "Confident" Jets will be playoff team

Jetlife33

Rex just called out the Patriots again and proclaimed that he is a Great Coach.

Do you think Belichick thinks he is a great coach? Or does he just think of himself as average? 

What you, and most of the media missed, was his entire statement - "But it's not just about me. What makes a great coach is the people that surround you, the people that are with you every day. There's guys that help me be a great coach. My players help me be a great coach."

Ryan's entire statement, taken in context, is clearly meant as a motivator to his team to be great. 

When you take the entire statement in context is it really braggadocious at all?  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex just called out the Patriots again and proclaimed that he is a Great Coach.

He was asked if he was worried about the Pats, and he said **** that they should be worried about us. Good for him.

Here come the  Rex supporters vs. Rex detractors- get ready for another rumble

One thing I do have against Rex is calling himself a 'great coach.' People who are great coaches NEVER call themselves that. It is up to OTHERS to determine your greatness and in that respect Rex Ryan falls very short of greatness. He can deflect his statement with 'it's my players that make me great.' Well, your players have never won anything either. Also, taking gratuitous shots at NE and BB is NEVER a good idea. I predict that after two 3 point games against NE last year 1 win 1 loss, that the Pats beat the Jets by 20 once this season. And it will be because of that statement. BB does not forget or forgive and until Rex shows a consistent ability to play close games with the Pats he should shut TFU.

Do you think Belichick thinks he is a great coach? Or does he just think of himself as average? 

What you, and most of the media missed, was his entire statement - "But it's not just about me. What makes a great coach is the people that surround you, the people that are with you every day. There's guys that help me be a great coach. My players help me be a great coach."

Ryan's entire statement, taken in context, is clearly meant as a motivator to his team to be great. 

When you take the entire statement in context is it really braggadocious at all?  

More Rex look at me blather.

Others decide whether or not someone is great.

:face:

Rex should STFU

He took over a team that was in good shape, made the playoffs due to gift wins, then had a nice season. Since then he is 22-26, missed the playoffs 3 straight years and his defense was 19th, 20th and 20th in points allowed.

In the last 3 years The Jets defense is a combined 20th in points allowed, 21st in takeaways, and 22nd in sacks.

Rex is right, this is a team that went 8-8 last year, and has pretty significantly upgraded it's talent level.

Throw in a jump in productivity at the QB position (would be hard to be even close to as bad as last year) and this team will be a big disappointment if it finishes less than 10-6.

This team will feast on the crap of the league, Oakland, Buffalo, Miami, Minn, Tenn are cake games for this team. Then they will win at least 2 or 3 of the tougher games.

Buffalo and Miami might be crap teams but why do they keep splitting with the Jets ?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000365930/article/rex-ryan-confident-ny-jets-will-be-a-playoff-team

The jolly old Rex Ryan we know and love has begun to creep back into the picture.

The New York Jets coach has refrained from guaranteeing as much as a sunrise in recent seasons, but he sees enough in this year's Gang Green roster to predict a postseason berth in 2014.

0ap2000000361281.jpg

"I believe we're better than that. I believe we're a lot better than that," Ryan said of last year's 8-8 squad, per Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. "Eight-and-eight would be a hell of a disappointment for us. I'm just telling you that I believe this team is on the cusp of doing some special things. ... I'm confident we will be a playoff team."

Why not? Outside of one or two outfits in the AFC, it's foolish to rule anyone out inside this up-for-grabs conference.

Besides, Ryan oversees a solid young defense that grew stronger up the middle with the addition of rookie safety Calvin Pryor. If New York's cornerbacks can hold down the fort, scoring points on this unit will be a chore.

Quarterback Geno Smith is raw, but with Michael VickChris Johnson and Eric Decker on the roster, the Jets are no longer a joke at the skill positions.

"Dude, I can't wait," Ryan said. "I cannot wait to snap this thing off for real, because I feel that this is going to be that team that I've been looking for."

The old confidence is back, but if he's wrong, Ryan might be making predictions somewhere else come 2015.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" invites Bucky Brooks in-studio for a team-by-team AFC training camp preview.

dude, CANT WAIT.

If Rex comes out and says this I don't think anyone has an issue.

"I believe we're better than that. I believe we're a lot better than that," Ryan said of last year's 8-8 squad, per Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. "Eight-and-eight would be a hell of a disappointment for us. I'm just telling you that I believe this team is on the cusp of doing some special things and if things go right   we can be a playoff team."

He was asked if he was worried about the Pats, and he said **** that they should be worried about us. Good for him.

What Rex doesn't understand is that he is being set up for a punch line by the media when they ask him questions like that.

Especially if the question came from Rich Cimini, which is most likely who asked it. Oh, Rex will you ever learn?

Archived