Eric Allen: Name 6 AFC teams better than the Jets

Maxman

When our crappy rookie QB has half as many turnovers as completions, then yes. Particularly when two placed Buffalo on our 4 and our 27 to start scoring drives for them, and then said QB follows that up with a pick-6 after that.

:bag:

At least there's someone else serviceable to go to if he's even nearly this bad again. Until the replacement gets injured himself.

We can all hope Geno improves. I'll hold my breath. And I still don't see Vick as all that serviceable anymore. This league is all about the QB right now. And there are plenty more than teams in the AFC that have QB situations better than ours.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me get this straight. The Jets were tied for the 7th-best record in the conference. The top six teams made the playoffs. Two of the teams who had the same record as us beat us head-to-head, and we split with the other. And somehow this means...there are six teams in the conference better than us?

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

So let me get this straight. The Jets were tied for the 7th-best record in the conference. The top six teams made the playoffs. Two of the teams who had the same record as us beat us head-to-head, and we split with the other. And somehow this means...there are six teams in the conference better than us?

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Then Bengalis please like what come on Geno gave up 40

Pats

Denver

Indy

Pitt

Balt

KC

SD

Cinci

Jet fans on this board are main lining kool aid. Geno is much worse than all of the QB's above. Our lb and secondary corp were weak last year and haven't even improved on paper n/m on the field. Not to mention our o-line. How will Geno and the O mesh? Theres a lot more consistent pieces on the teams above. Plus our first 10-12 games are just brutal. Theres a serious chance we spiral quick.

This jet teams hasn't even proved to be better than Tenn, n/m the top tier teams like the Pats (who we wouldn't have beat if they were healthy or a bs flag), Denver who will shred our secondary etc.

Again our schedule is just brutal. At this point we're praying for injuries. Thats not a good sign of a good team. Teams like the Pats play and aren't scared of any team. Until we get that and our HC isn't asking for help from other teams we're not a top 6-8 team at all.

And what happens if when we can't even beat GB, Chi and Det? AFC wins/lossesobviously matter more but there still losses.

No need to pm me with thank you's. I'll just say you're welcome right now.

Pats

Denver

Indy

Pitt

Balt

KC

SD

Cinci

Jet fans on this board are main lining kool aid. Geno is much worse than all of the QB's above. Our lb and secondary corp were weak last year and haven't even improved on paper n/m on the field. Not to mention our o-line. How will Geno and the O mesh? Theres a lot more consistent pieces on the teams above. Plus our first 10-12 games are just brutal. Theres a serious chance we spiral quick.

This jet teams hasn't even proved to be better than Tenn, n/m the top tier teams like the Pats (who we wouldn't have beat if they were healthy or a bs flag), Denver who will shred our secondary etc.

Again our schedule is just brutal. At this point we're praying for injuries. Thats not a good sign of a good team. Teams like the Pats play and aren't scared of any team. Until we get that and our HC isn't asking for help from other teams we're not a top 6-8 team at all.

And what happens if when we can't even beat GB, Chi and Det? AFC wins/lossesobviously matter more but there still losses.

No need to pm me with thank you's. I'll just say you're welcome right now.

So how did you come up with the monicker "Go Jets77"? You'd think someone who'd chosen such a name might root for the team a little bit. Every single one of your posts so far has taken a crap on the team, the coach, the players - even the new additions. Maybe "Go to Hell Jets77" would've been more appropriate. Or "Go **** Yourself Jets77."

So how did you come up with the monicker "Go Jets77"? You'd think someone who'd chosen such a name might root for the team a little bit. Every single one of your posts so far has taken a crap on the team, the coach, the players - even the new additions. Maybe "Go to Hell Jets77" would've been more appropriate. Or "Go **** Yourself Jets77."

Thou art mad brother?

The jets haven't given me a reason for hope. They have as many division titles as the jags. Rex and Woody have proven to be average at best. And whats worse is jet fans like you are fine with it. You guys can't wait for another 8-8 2nd or 3rd place finish. You're NOT a FAN. You're a cheerleader!

Thou art mad brother?

The jets haven't given me a reason for hope. They have as many division titles as the jags. Rex and Woody have proven to be average at best. And whats worse is jet fans like you are fine with it. You guys can't wait for another 8-8 2nd or 3rd place finish. You're NOT a FAN. You're a cheerleader!

No, I just choose to live my life not being a negative prick. I've read that it'll help me live longer.

So far, you bring less to this site than Rex brings to coaching, Woody brings to ownership, or Geno brings to QB'ing.

AFC teams with a proven QB:

Patriots

Broncos

Chiefs

Chargers

Ravens

Steelers

Colts

AFC teams with a "maybe" at QB:

Jets

Raiders

Bengals

Browns

Titans

Dolphins

AFC teams with 0 QBs:

Jaguars

Texans

Bills

AFC teams with weaponzz (plural) for QB to throw to:

Patriots

Broncos

Chargers

Colts

Bengals

Bills

Jets

Using a fancy algorithm that processes "type" of QB with number of weaponzz available gives me four teams that are better than the Jets on paper, provided Geno plays well, and our questionables play better than other teams' questionables. 

I'm sorry but what about an 8-8 season gives this team the ability to talk sh*t? Back it up on the field, something the Jets didn't do last season since they missed the playoffs despite having a healthy team and playing some pretty weak teams. As for the 6 teams better comment, last time I checked they didn't make the playoffs. Until the Jets prove otherwise those teams are better then the Jets.

And now Rex is mouthing off about the Pats. SMH, this team never learns does it.

I'm sorry but what about an 8-8 season gives this team the ability to talk sh*t? Back it up on the field, something the Jets didn't do last season since they missed the playoffs despite having a healthy team and playing some pretty weak teams. As for the 6 teams better comment, last time I checked they didn't make the playoffs. Until the Jets prove otherwise those teams are better then the Jets.

Sorry, did you just say the Jets had a healthy team in 2013?

• Starting with - for better or for worse long term - let's begin with the starting QB (missed the entire season).
  • Goodson - suspended 4 games, played 10 minutes, then went on IR.
  • Santonio Holmes is a douche but he's not untalented. Except that he was injured all season long. Only really dangerous guy they had.
  • Hill was injured before the season began.
  • Kerley missed 1/4 of the season. Actually a little more than that. I think he left 2 games early from the 12 he did play in.
  • Cumberland missed 4-5 games.
  • Winslow missed games due to suspension and wasn't nearly what he once was due to injuries that took their toll. Even when healthy he had to come off the field a lot.
  • Ivory missed games and was banged up for others.
  • Bad as other receivers were, like Gates, they were still next on the depth chart...and then they got injured also.
  • Mangold hurt his arm week 1 and wasn't the same all season. At one point in Nov, Schauderwhatshisname was taking the 1st team reps in practice. Even if Mangold played, he was clearly injured.
  • Coples broke his foot. Wasn't 100% until after week 10.
  • Ellis had a bad back dating to the pre-season.
  • Barnes went on IR after like a month.
  • Milliner missed games mid-season with an injury (after missing much-needed camp time in the offseason).
  • Cromartie was injured all season long, and boy did it show. Turned from an asset that helped hide other deficiencies in '12 to just about the worst CB in football in '13.

Totally, this team was a model of health.

• Starting with - for better or for worse long term - let's begin with the starting QB (missed the entire season).
  • Goodson - suspended 4 games, played 10 minutes, then went on IR.
  • Santonio Holmes is a douche but he's not untalented. Except that he was injured all season long. Only really dangerous guy they had.
  • Hill was injured before the season began.
  • Kerley missed 1/4 of the season. Actually a little more than that. I think he left 2 games early from the 12 he did play in.
  • Cumberland missed 4-5 games.
  • Winslow missed games due to suspension and wasn't nearly what he once was due to injuries that took their toll. Even when healthy he had to come off the field a lot.
  • Ivory missed games and was banged up for others.
  • Bad as other receivers were, like Gates, they were still next on the depth chart...and then they got injured also.
  • Mangold hurt his arm week 1 and wasn't the same all season. At one point in Nov, Schauderwhatshisname was taking the 1st team reps in practice. Even if Mangold played, he was clearly injured.
  • Coples broke his foot. Wasn't 100% until after week 10.
  • Ellis had a bad back dating to the pre-season.
  • Barnes went on IR after like a month.
  • Milliner missed games mid-season with an injury (after missing much-needed camp time in the offseason).
  • Cromartie was injured all season long, and boy did it show. Turned from an asset that helped hide other deficiencies in '12 to just about the worst CB in football in '13.

Totally, this team was a model of health.

Compare that to a team like the Chargers who lost their core players like Freeney, Ingram, and Floyd and you'll see why I see that this team is relatively healthy. Btw, they also made the playoffs despite being a pretty heavily injured team.

Or compare that to the Patriots who lost Amendola, Gronkowski, Kelly, Wilfork, Vereen, and others.

Also, your reaching hard on injuries. Most of the players you listed who were injured still played. 

Archived