Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NFL.com projects Vick as starter

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

» No team in the division has undergone more change than the Jets -- especially on offense, where veteran quarterback Michael Vick was signed to push second-year passer Geno Smith. Gang Green continues to talk up Smith's progress, but we see Vick as the Week 1 starter without hesitation. After adding so many parts on offense, Vick gives New York a better chance to win right away.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352785/article/projected-2014-starters-new-york-jets

Posted · Report post

Meaningless.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Meaningless.

All articles/projections/rankings are until the games start being played, but that doesn't stop anyone from reading.

Edited by jgb

Posted · Report post

All logic and what the indications so far says otherwise

Posted · Report post

Dumb. Even Vick doesn't think he's starting.

If Vick is starting Game 1, forget about any type of post season play for the next 2-3 years for the Jets.

Edited by peebag

NFL.com's projection is wrong. 

Edited by Jetlife33

Posted · Report post

If Vick is starting Game 1, forget about any type of post season play for the next 2-3 years for the Jets.

Yes

NFL.com's projection is wrong. 

Let's hope.  If Vick takes a snap for any other reason but a Geno injury we are back to the drawing board. 

Posted · Report post

Yeah, let's hope good Geno shows up.

Posted · Report post

Haha such a dumb post. Jets fans let stuff like this bother them. We all know Geno is the guy unless he gets hurt. The fact ESPN tries to drum up drama on the subject is still hilarious.

Posted · Report post

gonna be hard to do with geno getting most of the reps with the 1's

yawn

Posted · Report post

Michael Vick will be the week 1 starter if any one of these things happen. 

#1. Geno gets hurt during the preseason (Vick's best option)

#2. Geno Smith completely tanks in the preseason. Im talking about a 50% completion rate or less, throws multiple ints/pick 6's. Geno Smith would have to be the obvious worst QB in the NFL in the first 3 games of the preseason in order for Vick to even get the consideration.

Geno Smith would have to virtually commit QB suicide for Vick to be the week 1 starter. This isn't a situation where Vick kinda outplays Geno in the preseason. Geno has to be terrible, and I dont think thats happening.

NFL.com is reaching, nothing more. 

Posted · Report post

Geno was almost as big of a wasted pick as Sanchez. (Almost, before you start flipping out)

Vick is the only QB on the roster that has any chance of getting the Jets to the playoffs so they might as well start looking for a new QB now instead of waiting another year.

Posted · Report post

He is going to have to make the most of the 30% snap count he is getting with the starters. Not going to happen.

Posted · Report post

Some people are very clearly biased towards Vick. Even Ray Lucas talks on and on about how Vick should start, Vick was best offseason acquisition. Vick this, Vick that. 

Vick sucks.

Geno is starting.

Posted · Report post

If Vick starts the first game, it means we are totally ____ed in the QB department.

Posted · Report post

I seriously dont believe all these people believe in vick but dislikes geno.

Y? I dont know

But obviously vick is a savvy vet, but geno is physically better and has all the tools.

Posted · Report post

You can't be serious. I'm tired of the Smith hype machine. Vick at QB forces the defense to respect our passing game. Sure, he didn't have a great 2013 but he was playing while a team was learning a totally different offense. Now he'd be in an offense where he put up good numbers.

The real question is what does it do to Smith if he loses the job by week 1. Vick probably won't last 16 games and we will need Smith at 1 point.

Posted · Report post

I seriously dont believe all these people believe in vick but dislikes geno.

Y? I dont know

But obviously vick is a savvy vet, but geno is physically better and has all the tools.

Lmao. What tools? Geno is ******* awful. Vick is sh*t but Geno is even worse.

Posted · Report post

I was encouraged by how Geno finished last season, and I'd love it if he'd turn into a good QB, but I wouldn't be shocked if these guys are right. I could see Vick not just winning the job, but playing well for us.

I'm just glad that we finally have options at the position.

Posted · Report post

I'm tired of the Smith hype machine.

lolwut

Posted · Report post

lolwut

Hey man Geno's gonna be a top 5 QB this year just you wait haters

Some people are very clearly biased towards Vick. Even Ray Lucas talks on and on about how Vick should start, Vick was best offseason acquisition. Vick this, Vick that. 

Vick sucks.

Geno is starting.

Ray is a dope. That whole program he is on is a dope.

Edited by jack48

Posted · Report post

Vinny II

Posted · Report post

I agree Geno is probably going to start--I do think that Vick will outplay Geno pretty convincingly though in camp/pre-season but will be written off for "playing against the 2nd string defense" nevermind that he will be playing with the 2nd string offense. Geno will start week 1, but at some point will be benched for Vick, is my prediction.