NFL.com projects Vick as starter

jgb

» No team in the division has undergone more change than the Jets -- especially on offense, where veteran quarterback Michael Vick was signed to push second-year passer Geno Smith. Gang Green continues to talk up Smith's progress, but we see Vick as the Week 1 starter without hesitation. After adding so many parts on offense, Vick gives New York a better chance to win right away.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352785/article/projected-2014-starters-new-york-jets

If Vick is starting Game 1, forget about any type of post season play for the next 2-3 years for the Jets.

Yes

NFL.com's projection is wrong. 

Let's hope.  If Vick takes a snap for any other reason but a Geno injury we are back to the drawing board. 

Michael Vick will be the week 1 starter if any one of these things happen. 

#1. Geno gets hurt during the preseason (Vick's best option)

#2. Geno Smith completely tanks in the preseason. Im talking about a 50% completion rate or less, throws multiple ints/pick 6's. Geno Smith would have to be the obvious worst QB in the NFL in the first 3 games of the preseason in order for Vick to even get the consideration.

Geno Smith would have to virtually commit QB suicide for Vick to be the week 1 starter. This isn't a situation where Vick kinda outplays Geno in the preseason. Geno has to be terrible, and I dont think thats happening.

NFL.com is reaching, nothing more. 

If Vick is starting Game 1, forget about any type of post season play for the next 2-3 years for the Jets.

You can't be serious. I'm tired of the Smith hype machine. Vick at QB forces the defense to respect our passing game. Sure, he didn't have a great 2013 but he was playing while a team was learning a totally different offense. Now he'd be in an offense where he put up good numbers.

The real question is what does it do to Smith if he loses the job by week 1. Vick probably won't last 16 games and we will need Smith at 1 point.

I was encouraged by how Geno finished last season, and I'd love it if he'd turn into a good QB, but I wouldn't be shocked if these guys are right. I could see Vick not just winning the job, but playing well for us.

I'm just glad that we finally have options at the position.

Some people are very clearly biased towards Vick. Even Ray Lucas talks on and on about how Vick should start, Vick was best offseason acquisition. Vick this, Vick that. 

Vick sucks.

Geno is starting.

Ray is a dope. That whole program he is on is a dope.

I agree Geno is probably going to start--I do think that Vick will outplay Geno pretty convincingly though in camp/pre-season but will be written off for "playing against the 2nd string defense" nevermind that he will be playing with the 2nd string offense. Geno will start week 1, but at some point will be benched for Vick, is my prediction.

It would be a waste of time to start Vick precisely because the Jets continue to undergo so many changes to offense. Eventually there needs to be stability and relationship building, which all requires time. If Geno is going to be the future of the Jets then he needs to be rooted in place. The Jets can't keep making quarterback changes and expect to win a superbowl.

I agree Geno is probably going to start--I do think that Vick will outplay Geno pretty convincingly though in camp/pre-season but will be written off for "playing against the 2nd string defense" nevermind that he will be playing with the 2nd string offense. Geno will start week 1, but at some point will be benched for Vick, is my prediction.

Is this your prediction? How come this is the first time I'm reading this?

Is this your prediction? How come this is the first time I'm reading this?

i have said it many, many times. here are but two examples:

if you were being sarcastic, you got me :cheers:

It would be a waste of time to start Vick precisely because the Jets continue to undergo so many changes to offense. Eventually there needs to be stability and relationship building, which all requires time. If Geno is going to be the future of the Jets then he needs to be rooted in place. The Jets can't keep making quarterback changes and expect to win a superbowl.

not bad for the first post newb!

I could see Vick starting if Geno doesn't light it up in preseason. The early schedule is brutal and Geno may not generate enough points to beat Packers, Bears, Lions, Pats, Broncos and Chargers. This is who Jets face after Raiders in opener. Vick may well be better suited to win some of those games than Geno who may be better off coming on in the second half when Vick usually wears out. Don't forget, our illustrious owner Woody Johnson (aka turnip) has said this is no rebuilding year - he wants results now. Where have we heard that before?

Word is Vick looks really bad. Looks like he doesn't want to be here and maybe has already quit like he's done before?

Geno doesn't look good either.

I think Vick should start

None of these sentences makes any sense, and somehow they make less sense together.

Archived