Jason Babin visits then signs with Jets

NYJetsVets91

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they count against the 90 either.  That is why it is odd that they cut Rose.  They should have two open spots for Barnes and Colon.  Maybe they changed the rules, I can't follow.

I am unsure if it counts against the 90 but I'll take your word for it. If you're right it is weird they let go of Rose, there must've been a reason.

Its meh, he's 34 and he's really only had 2 good seasons.  The rest of his career is filled with mediocrity and dissapointment for 1st rounder.  Took him 6 years to crack double digit sacks, he followed it with another...but thats it.  2 double digit sack seasons in almost 10 years.

Maybe a back up if Barnes cant go.

Its meh, he's 34 and he's really only had 2 good seasons.  The rest of his career is filled with mediocrity and dissapointment for 1st rounder.  Took him 6 years to crack double digit sacks, he followed it with another...but thats it.  2 double digit sack seasons in almost 10 years.

I don't know what to expect out of him for this year or next, but an 18-sack season is better than merely good.  Half that amount is still a good season.

Isn't he supposed to be like a major douche thugturd?

I don't know what to expect out of him for this year or next, but an 18-sack season is better than merely good.  Half that amount is still a good season.

Isn't he supposed to be like a major douche thugturd?

His whole career is based on that one season

I think he's a selfish prick, part of the reason the Jags who are desperate for a pass rusher cut him. 

You hate anything jaguars ever since Mercedes Lewis' chick forgot to do you.  LOL

His whole career is based on that one season

I think he's a selfish prick, part of the reason the Jags who are desperate for a pass rusher cut him. 

Well, sort of.  He had a stud season, then got a big contract because of it, then had an even bigger stud season. That's 2 seasons.

I do remember reading stuff about him being a total psychopath or something.

I'd be a dick too if i was stuck in Jacksonville.

Yep.  He hated it so much in Jax he started building a 5 million dollar mansion before he was cut.

You hate anything jaguars ever since Mercedes Lewis' chick forgot to do you.  LOL

Her loss.

Well, sort of.  He had a stud season, then got a big contract because of it, then had an even bigger stud season. That's 2 seasons.

His career goes 4, 4, 5, 0, 2, 2.5,12.5,18, 7, 7.5, from a sack perspective.  Obvioulsy something clicked around year 7 in TEN.  Maybe it was the switch back to DE, idk.  I think he's a bit overrated living off 1 good and 1 great season.  However, he's probably better than Barnes so hopefully he's still got something left.

This is going to be epic.

Hayes suggests that Babin simply did not fit in with the rest of the roster, writing:

In the locker room, teammates generally ignored Babin's brand of wry humor and intellectual jousting.

Hayes also argues that Babin did not relish being a member of the team, and simply attempted to disrupt the quarterback, no matter the cost to the rest of the team:

All along, he acted as a single star, not part of a constellation. He was a locker-room lawyer of the worst kind; a me-first, me-last, self-absorbed bully who inexplicably spent an inordinate amount of time shirtless.

His career goes 4, 4, 5, 0, 2, 2.5,12.5,18, 7, 7.5, from a sack perspective. Obvioulsy something clicked around year 7 in TEN. Maybe it was the switch back to DE, idk. I think he's a bit overrated living off 1 good and 1 great season. However, he's probably better than Barnes so hopefully he's still got something left.

Maybe what clicked was haynesworth-less wrecking havoc? Was that same years? If yes, we have some guys that can cause similar havoc inside .. Good for us.

I love babin and was surprised his yearly numbers were that low. I've been yammering for a better presence on the edge, so I ain't complaining !!

Yep.  He hated it so much in Jax he started building a 5 million dollar mansion before he was cut.

Nobody builds a 5 million dollar anything in Jax. Liar.

He's supposed to be bad for the locker room mojo. We needed someone to replace Holmes. Perfect fit.

Archived