Jets experimenting with CJ at WR

slats

Home runs don't win football games ...... Grinding the ball down teams throats in the 4th Quarter wins football games. Sure its nice to have an 80 yard TD but those happen maybe once or twice a year nothing to get excited about IMHO

Lol, always the contrarian. I thought the passing game wins football games... ? Weaponz?

Anyway, Chris Johnson wasn't brought here to grind it out. He was brought here to add speed to the offense. Speed, and receiving ability. If the Jets find themselves in a position where they're trying to grind out a win in the fourth quarter, they'll use Ivory for that.

Lol, always the contrarian. I thought the passing game wins football games... ? Weaponz?

Anyway, Chris Johnson wasn't brought here to grind it out. He was brought here to add speed to the offense. Speed, and receiving ability. If the Jets find themselves in a position where they're trying to grind out a win in the fourth quarter, they'll use Ivory for that.

you got the wrong guy slats ... I want our team to be great at running the football with a dominant defense . I never ever pushed for a passing offense All I ever wanted was some competent skill players who when needed could make a play. I wanted the Jets to mold a team similar to the Cowboys of the early to mid 90"s a team that shut down explosive offenses and ran the ball down their throats in the 4th quarter. A big possession receiver and a big possession TE things we never really had at any stage the past 5 years. So yeah similar guys to Emmitt Irvin Novacek and Aikman the perfect game manager.

Im well aware of why CJ is here his speed will open up the offense all I'm saying is if your waiting for the big 80 yard run then good luck with all that. Long TD runs are rare and its wonderful when it happens but its not what wins games IMO you can hope to see them and if 1 or 2 times a year gets ya off then great. What CJ will bring is the slight bit of unpredictability in obvious passing or running downs. The Jets due to the lack of talent they have endured were Always predictable now with CJ/Ivory and the addition of Decker and a real TE in Amaro those things should change IF Gen0o can mature and become a solid QB he really is the key to all of this 80 yard runs or not....Ball control or not

Smash during Sanchez era:  "Not enough weaponz!"

Smash today:  "Who cares if we added an explosive playmaker.  It doesn't win games!"

Dude spin it the way you want ...I NEVER put the Weaponz label on anything. You can pull up[ my posts ... I wanted a running team with a big possession WR I never wanted a high power quick strike type offense . I wanted  a managed offense that limited the mistakes and could at least get some separation. Stop making crap up to support your arguement

I'm not generally in the prediction business. For argument's sake, I'd guess about 750 yards rushing and another 500 receiving on 40 catches or so. When I say a lot of touches, it wouldn't surprise me if his rushes + catches > Ivory's rushes.

Do u think that Mo will have more sacks than CJ?K?

Dude spin it the way you want ...I NEVER put the Weaponz label on anything. You can pull up[ my posts ... I wanted a running team with a big possession WR I never wanted a high power quick strike type offense . I wanted  a managed offense that limited the mistakes and could at least get some separation. Stop making crap up to support your arguement

No one is saying we've BECOME a quick strike offense.  The additions of Ivory last year and Decker this year are the "move the chains" guys.  Add a big-play guy into the mix and now defenses have to account for a lot of different people every possession.  I don't see how you can find a reason to complain about that.

No one is saying we've BECOME a quick strike offense.  The additions of Ivory last year and Decker this year are the "move the chains" guys.  Add a big-play guy into the mix and now defenses have to account for a lot of different people every possession.  I don't see how you can find a reason to complain about that.

80 what exactly am I complaining about ? It just blows me away how people twist your words on this site. All I said was the 80 yard runs are few and far between something that happens once or twice a year is not how I judge a RB pretty much that's it. The fact that Johnson does have that explosiveness should open up the entire offense rather than us being the usual predictable crap we've been for the last 15 years.

Also 80 the conversation is not just with you. Because that's exactly what Slats said I wanted when its no where close to what Ive wanted .

Our offensive line hasn't opened up holes for a couple of years now, and if that continues, CJ will be ineffectual. He is an all or nothing back, and without holes, he'll be nothing, and Ivory and Powell will try to make yardage out of nothing, like last year. The last time our OL opened up holes was when Thomas Jones (no world beater) was breaking runs for long yardage. 

Our offensive line hasn't opened up holes for a couple of years now, and if that continues, CJ will be ineffectual. He is an all or nothing back, and without holes, he'll be nothing, and Ivory and Powell will try to make yardage out of nothing, like last year. The last time our OL opened up holes was when Thomas Jones (no world beater) was breaking runs for long yardage. 

Our edge rushing off the right side should be better.  Breno Giacomini is a significant improvement in the run-blocking department over Austin Howard.

Yep. This is a concern...if CJ isnt getting to the second level, he's not going to be a happy camper. Hoping a veteran guard shakes loose.

Yep. This is a concern...if CJ isnt getting to the second level, he's not going to be a happy camper. Hoping a veteran guard shakes loose.

I'm not.  I am tired of the band aids.  There is just as much chance that Aboushi and/or WInters step up than some vet G cut at camp is going to help us. 

I'm not.  I am tired of the band aids.  There is just as much chance that Aboushi and/or WInters step up than some vet G cut at camp is going to help us. 

Winters was a disaster last season. Aboushi from what we know so far stinks. 

I'd rather a bandaid than Winters again.

I'm with you on this.

This time last year, we were hoping veteran players at CB, WR, QB, G, TE and OLB would shake loose. Now, some of those positions are overflowing with young prospects and smart additions. I think Idzik has done a spectacular job. We've gone from praying for players to get cut so we could fill our roster, to having more prospects and players than we'll be able to keep. Granted all that youth may take a year or two to develop, but it's better than having a roster full of draft busts and camp cuts form other teams because we didn't pick enough players under Tanny.

Winters was a disaster last season. Aboushi from what we know so far stinks. 

I'd rather a bandaid than Winters again.

Fair enough, but I'd rather let the young guys do it.  If they all suck we are ****ed anyway. Colon is a known entity and not horrific.  If they can get 1 or 2 guys at Colon's level or better from Aboushi, Winters and Dozier we are in good shape.  I don't think that is unreasonable to expect. 

I'm with you on this.

This time last year, we were hoping veteran players at CB, WR, QB, G, TE and OLB would shake loose. Now, some of those positions are overflowing with young prospects and smart additions. I think Idzik has done a spectacular job. We've gone from praying for players to get cut so we could fill our roster, to having more prospects and players than we'll be able to keep. Granted all that youth may take a year or two to develop, but it's better than having a roster full of draft busts and camp cuts form other teams because we didn't pick enough players under Tanny.

I think it is a little early to say spectacular.  If the job were spectacular Matt would not be so scared. 

Archived