Can Florida State repeat as champions?

Blackout

• 1 month later...

another win today

37-12

A win is a win, but it was The Citadel.  Lets see what happens against Clemson in two weeks -- smoke Clemson again like last year, and they have a great shot to be one of the final four.  And how great is it that we will actually have a playoff for the national Championship this year.

A win is a win, but it was The Citadel.  Lets see what happens against Clemson in two weeks -- smoke Clemson again like last year, and they have a great shot to be one of the final four.  And how great is it that we will actually have a playoff for the national Championship this year.

Citadel is a GREAT opponent.  they are right up there with your Alabama's, USC's, Oklahoma's and Umaine's as far as i am concerned.  top class team to play.  don't be hating Mr Lith :)

Looks like FSU will have to beat Clemson without Winston for a half:

Jameis Winston has been suspended for the 1st half vs Clemson for shouting an obscenity http://es.pn/Xiz6FX  pic.twitter.com/7LpPMuZodn

Kid is ******* moron.  I know they're a rival...but he's an absolute ******* idiot.  Really hard to like him unlike your boy Gurley who is an absolute beast, a great kid and modest.  

Kid is ******* moron.  I know they're a rival...but he's an absolute ******* idiot.  Really hard to like him unlike your boy Gurley who is an absolute beast, a great kid and modest.  

Too bad there aren't more kids like Gurley -- its not like the UGA program does not have its share absolute ******* idiots and worse.  Just hope that some of these kids will mature a bit as they grow up.  As a football fan, I hope that Winston will get it at some point, though I am not sure a suspension of 1/2 of a game is really going to be the catalyst.

Too bad there aren't more kids like Gurley -- its not like the UGA program does not have its share absolute ******* idiots and worse.  Just hope that some of these kids will mature a bit as they grow up.  As a football fan, I hope that Winston will get it at some point, though I am not sure a suspension of 1/2 of a game is really going to be the catalyst.

All the top programs have idiots.  Florida has had more than their fair share.  Winston just doesnt strike me as having any brains whatsoever.

Jameis Winston will not play at all in tonight's game.  Big break for Clemson:

From ESPN.com:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11555354/jameis-winston-florida-state-seminoles-banned-entire-game-vs-clemson-tigers?ex_cid=sportscenterTW

"Florida State has suspended quarterback Jameis Winston for the entire game Saturday night against No. 22 Clemson, the school announced late Friday.

Winston, the reigning Heisman Trophy winner for the top-ranked Seminoles, originally had been suspended for just the first half against the visiting Tigers after a profane and sexually explicit outburst in the student union on campus earlier this week.

But Florida State decided to extend his suspension to the entire game because Winston was not entirely truthful or forthcoming regarding Tuesday's incident, a source told ESPN.

"Based upon the results of our continuing investigation of Tuesday's incident involving Jameis Winston, we have decided to not play him for the entire game against Clemson on Saturday night," interim Florida State president Garnett S. Stokes and athletic director Stan Wilcox said in a joint statement Friday night."

Florida St's going to lose because their QB shouted an internet meme with bad words. 2014, ladies and gentlemen.

Probably should have picked a better meme given his eventful year. Seth Ryan is out with a broken collarbone for Clemson, so its not like everyone isnt dealing with roster issues. Good teams need to overcome that.

What a game!!

giphy.gif

GO NOLES!

Absolute bull sh*t they let him on the sidelines like that.  He was even pads before the game.  

Crazy game though.  Probably the least deserved victory I've ever seen but thats what Championship teams do in the NCAA.  Win the ones they shouldnt.

Absolute bull sh*t they let him on the sidelines like that. He was even pads before the game.

Crazy game though. Probably the least deserved victory I've ever seen but thats what Championship teams do in the NCAA. Win the ones they shouldnt.

Clemson had them, but let them off the hook.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived