Training Camp Updates day 3 (first full pads practice)

Lupz27

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh I think it's too early. He's probably so focused on memorizing the playbook/verbiage that his mind must still be spinning. He caught over 100 balls last year in college he should be fine.

yeah but

it's every camp report. 

2. Campbell's been spoiling for a fight for a few days now and got into a little scuffle after a catch.

•  
    •  
    •  
  3. Jeremiah George and Michael Campbell have a little skirmish after the whistle #nyj

•  
    •  
    •  
  4. Skirmish: Michael Campbell and Jeremiah George get into it briefly. #Jets

•  
    •  
    •  
  5. Jeremiah George and Michael Campbell have a quick rumble after one play.

Munsons Corners, NY, United States
    •  
    •  
    •  
  6. Jeremiah George and Michael Campbell going at it. Campbell seems to have a short fuse. He's been involved in pushing & shoving a few times.

Expand
    •  
    •  
    •  
  7. I know I know but Clyde Gates is having a good day #justsaying

1. No team reps for Chris Johnson today. Michael Campbell and Jeremiah George exchange pleasantries.

•  
    •  
    •  
  2. George in Campbell get caught up, some pushing & shoving then Hill comes in playfully breaking it up by jumping back & forth into players

•  
    •  
    •  
  3. Clyde Gates - yes, Clyde Gates, #Jets fans - is having a nice practice.

1. Michael Vick looked good today despite very limited action with first team. Only errant throw was a bit high to Clyde Gates along sideline.

•  
    •  
    •  
  2. QB rep split: Smith 16, Vick 3. Smith was 3-for-5, 1 sack. Vick was 6-for-7. Heavy emphasis on running game with pads on. #nyj #tilted

Expand
    •  
    •  
    •  
  3. Geno 3 for 5 with a sack, Vick 6 for 7 #nyj

•  
    •  
    •  
  4. Geno Smith today: 18 snaps (16 first team), 3-5 with a sack. Mike Vick: 16 snaps (three first team), 6-7.

•  
    •  
    •  
  5. First team QB reps: Geno 16, Vick 3 #tilted

•  
    •  
    •  
  6. Team drill stats: Geno 3-5, sack. Vick 6-7. #nyj

yeah but

it's every camp report. 

Ehh, it's still early though. I mean it's not encouraging to see the reports, but you don't catch 100 balls by accident. I think his hands are absolutely fine, he's just so overwhelmed after the transition from Tech that he's not clicking on all cylinders.  Rookie TEs rarely make a big splash, I don't particularly expect Amaro to buck that trend.  

Ehh, it's still early though. I mean it's not encouraging to see the reports, but you don't catch 100 balls by accident. I think his hands are absolutely fine, he's just so overwhelmed after the transition from Tech that he's not clicking on all cylinders.  Rookie TEs rarely make a big splash, I don't particularly expect Amaro to buck that trend.  

blocking the wrong guy is mental.  getting off the ball late is mental.  dropping the ball is physical.  I hope it isn't a trend

yeah he is on a bad trajectory right now

Cheer up Larz! The camp has only just started and there are a lot of good stuff reported as well. Give it a month and then we can compare notes. I want to see DM in real games before jumping to conclusions. The same goes for JA.

A bit more worrysome is that CP has some sort of head injury, not good for a guy who like to go all in on every play.

Some notes from Eric Allen:

• Dee Milliner apparently had a rough day in the field, Eric mentioned one long touchdown he gave up, but from other reports, he was losing his coverage battles.
  • Michael Vick sounds as though he had a great day in the field, despite only getting 3 reps with the first team. He finished the day 6-7.
  • Happy to see that Winters had a strong practise, in contact drills against this defensive line, any impressive performances count for something.
  • We'll update you as soon as we can on the injury to Pryor, hopefully it was just a precaution taking him out of the game in a physical drill.
  • Chris Johnson is not injured, he was just getting a rest today. The Jets have consistently said they will be smart with the veteran. It did give a chance for Powell to shine and apparently he did just that.
  • A better day for Shaq Evans today who took some heat yesterday for a poor practise, he hauled in a beautiful long touchdown from Boyd.
  • Good to hear that Amaro is getting more into the game with a couple of nice completions on rollouts over the middle. That will be his bread and butter especially in year one.

blocking the wrong guy is mental.  getting off the ball late is mental.  dropping the ball is physical.  I hope it isn't a trend

Ehh, yes and no. It's purely physical when you're standing in front of a jugs machine or doing 1 v 1s, but when you have to focus on running routes, knowing who to chip and when to release etc. certainly takes away from that focus. Kerley sometimes drops balls, but when he does so it's usually because his focus is to make his next move and head up-field before he secures the ball; while that is physical, it's the focus and mental aspect that caused him to drop it.

I 100% feel that Amaro's hands are the absolute least of our worries. Him picking up an actual offense instead of that nonsense he ran at Tech is the biggest issue he'll be facing.  Same exact thing happened to Crabtree: dude caught everything at tech and then he looked like he had feet for hands the first few times I watched him play in the bigs. 

Eh I think it's too early. He's probably so focused on memorizing the playbook/verbiage that his mind must still be spinning. He caught over 100 balls last year in college he should be fine.

A receiver should be able to do one thing well in his sleep.. and thats catch balls. This isn't the first time we are hearing of Jace dropping balls.. and its only three days in.

Also, Gates is hot garbage. But he is supposedly one fast SOB.. not that we've ever seen it. One of the few guys who should be able to outrun Dee in a straight line. Lets just hope it was a speed contest and not Milliner returning the Day 1, Season 1 form.

yes how is he doing what kind of camp is he having?

I really don´t know more than todays news. It was the first day in pads so we will see. But for a first day it sounded really good. That man deserves every bit of success he can get.

Archived