•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Mark Sanchez BALLIN' out at Eagles camp

• Please log in to reply
375 replies to this topic

#1 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,127 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Eagles training camp practice notes, July 26: Mark Sanchez wins the day

Jimmy Kempski
Red Zone
July 26, 2014 4:07 PM

Mark Sanchez was very good on the Eagles' first day of practices at training camp. Early on during team drills, he threw a pair of accurate bombs, and then later he hit Darren Sproles in stride on a wheel route about 30 yards down the field. The overwhelming feeling among the media was that Mark Sanchez looked bad in OTAs and minicamp, and I don't disagree. However, he also occasionally looked pretty good. He showed he could fit passes into tight windows, and make tough sideline throws with zip and accuracy.

And then there were moments where his passes were nowhere near anyone. He would often throw to empty spaces in the middle of the field. It was difficult trying to figure out what he was looking at and what he was trying to do. When you see passes that don't make any sense, more than likely they're miscommunications with receivers.

Sanchez was just beginning to learn the offense, and he still is. In June, on a new team, his erratic play was probably to be expected. If he continues to make a high number of weird throws now that we're in training camp, it's more concerning. But on the first day of training camp, it was all good from the Sanchize, and past history says that at some point this season, the Eagles will probably need him.

Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#2 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Eagles training camp practice notes, July 26: Mark Sanchez wins the day

Jimmy Kempski
Red Zone
July 26, 2014 4:07 PM

Mark Sanchez was very good on the Eagles' first day of practices at training camp. Early on during team drills, he threw a pair of accurate bombs, and then later he hit Darren Sproles in stride on a wheel route about 30 yards down the field. The overwhelming feeling among the media was that Mark Sanchez looked bad in OTAs and minicamp, and I don't disagree. However, he also occasionally looked pretty good. He showed he could fit passes into tight windows, and make tough sideline throws with zip and accuracy.

And then there were moments where his passes were nowhere near anyone. He would often throw to empty spaces in the middle of the field. It was difficult trying to figure out what he was looking at and what he was trying to do. When you see passes that don't make any sense, more than likely they're miscommunications with receivers.

Sanchez was just beginning to learn the offense, and he still is. In June, on a new team, his erratic play was probably to be expected. If he continues to make a high number of weird throws now that we're in training camp, it's more concerning. But on the first day of training camp, it was all good from the Sanchize, and past history says that at some point this season, the Eagles will probably need him.

and. of course, he is the last man to leave the film room every day

#3 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,334 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

When you see passes that don't make any sense, more than likely they're miscommunications with receivers.

Yes. I'm sure that's exactly what it was.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#4 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,594 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Shocker

#5 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

Smart fans have always known the second he got a real coach and some weapons he would take off, watch out folks

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#6 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

6 Years Is Enough. Time To Fire Rex

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

baller

NYJetsScript.gif

#7 bergenjets

bergenjets

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

Why did Idzik let this beast go?

#8 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

It's amazing that the narrative on Sanchez going into year 6 is the same as it was going into year 1.

Sanchez: [is absolutely terrible]

Everyone: "Yeah, but look at those three good throws he made! He's really putting it all together!"

#9 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,127 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

It's amazing that the narrative on Sanchez going into year 6 is the same as it was going into year 1.

Sanchez: [is absolutely terrible]

Everyone: "Yeah, but look at those three good throws he made! He's really putting it all together!"

Mark Sanchez getting MVP votes in December would be the greatest Jets story to ever transpire.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#10 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

lol @ Sanchez. Guy is exactly what we know him to be. Nothing more.

#11 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

Mark Sanchez getting MVP votes in December would be the greatest Jets story to ever transpire.

Kind of, but I'm afraid this narrative is going to die bloody. Sanchez wasn't ruined by Rex or Tannenbaum or Holmes or anyone else. He's just bad at everything.

#12 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

_____________ is going to turn it around this year, he looks great in camp so far!

A. Vernon Gholston
B. Mark Sanchez
C. Joe McKnight
D. Vlad Ducasse
E. All of the above

#13 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,127 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Kind of, but I'm afraid this narrative is going to die bloody. Sanchez wasn't ruined by Rex or Tannenbaum or Holmes or anyone else. He's just bad at everything.

You've got no appreciation of romance

Edited by T0mShane, 26 July 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#14 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

Sanchez can barely throw a spiral. And his football smarts aren't Peyton level, so he in trouble. Then again, no he's not. No one sees a backup's level of suck.

#15 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,453 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

His OC's were Schottenheimer and Sporano.  Who's to tell if he was that bad or in a bad system?

#16 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

His OC's were Schottenheimer and Sporano.  Who's to tell if he was that bad or in a bad system?

Neither of those guys made decisions for Sanchez, and neither of those guys threw the ball to the opposition for Sanchez. Jesus could have been his OC, with the Hulk playing all five o-line positions. He would have still played like Mark Sanchez. 

#17 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

Maybe you're right.  Now that Sanchez has a real OC, let's see how he does even in a backup capacity when called upon.  I'm not too surprised that he's performing better.  Time will tell.

#18 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,127 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

#TeamSanchez

#19 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

Maybe you're right. Now that Sanchez has a real OC, let's see how he does even in a backup capacity when called upon. I'm not too surprised that he's performing better. Time will tell.

Maybe his new OC can convince him that throwing INT's to D lineman is very very bad.

#20 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,158 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

Maybe his new OC can convince him that throwing INT's to D lineman is very very bad.

Or that shoving his face into an O-lineman's butt cleavage is even worse.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#21 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

What, am I alone in believing Sanchez regressed the more he got coached by people who are presently coaching high school?  No support at all?  Hell, this board even has Kellen Clemens fans on it.

#22 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

His OC's were Schottenheimer and Sporano. Who's to tell if he was that bad or in a bad system?

As long as Kelly's system is the one where the QB only has to make one read and never ever gets pressured, Sanchez should be fine.

#23 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 22,755 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

**** you. 

PatriotReign37, on 10 Sept 2014 - 10:56 AM, said: Oh the ironing.

#24 TnT

TnT

Patty Cake Champion

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

Or that shoving his face into an O-lineman's butt cleavage is even worse.

Sir...this can go on for hours...let's quit while we're ahead.

#25 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,158 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

Sir...this can go on for hours...let's quit while we're ahead.

I've got nothing but time...  :winking0001:

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users