•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Training Camp Updates day 4 (Sunday 07/27)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

Don't want to say there aren't many fans here, but I saw more people at the last meeting of the NY/NJ Brian Schottenheimer Fan Club

Vick and Sudfeld hook up again. Sudfeld having a really nice practice. #NYJ

David Nelson and Patterson have a little scrap. Practice a little chippy today #nyj

Wow. Nelson and Patterson just REALLY went at it on the far side. Patterson was throwing punches. Rex won't like that. #NYJ

Stephen Hill makes a nice grab over Dimitri Patterson down the sideline #nyj

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#2 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

Amaro limps off favoring his right knee. Heading to the sideline with trainer. Meanwhile, Vick with 2 TD darts during 7-on-7. #NYJ

Amaro stands up on sideline. Flexing his right knee while talking to doctor.

Jace Amaro on sideline with trainers. Standing. Flexing right knee. Now doing some quick step exercises to test leg.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#3 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

Willie Colon in pads and in position drills. He's off PUP list. Calvin Pryor (head) not at practice at this point.

#4 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

1. Brian Winters at RG, Oday Aboushi LG with first-team line in 9-on-7 drill.

Colon not in to start 9 on 7 drill #nyj

#5 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

Shaq Evans with another brutal drop. #nyj

#6 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

After hurting right knee, Jace Amaro spent rest of practice watching. Had ice pack on knee. Still standing and watching now. No ice on knee.

#7 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

Dee Milliner, the self-proclaimed best CB in football, just got beat by Clyde Gates for a 15-yard TD in 7 on 7. #nyj

#8 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

Miles just flew in to wrap up Daryl Richardson. We're seeing that effort that Rex talked about yesterday. Kid is playing at 110%. #NYJ

#9 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

Don't want to say there aren't many fans here, but I saw more people at the last meeting of the NY/NJ Brian Schottenheimer Fan Club

Crap! I thought it was gonna be packed! Damn it. 

#10 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

Just read other thread about Milliner's comments. Wow.

Edited by pointman, 27 July 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#11 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

Jace Amaro said he was dealing with nagging knee issue since Combine: "It's going to be fine. I don't think it's anything to worry about."

#12 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

Amaro said he should be back at practice on Tuesday. Jets are off tomorrow. #nyj

#13 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

Amaro says he aggravated an old injury, believes he should be ready to go on Tuesday. Says he tweaked a patella tendon. #nyj

#14 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

QB rep split: Geno Smith 15, Michael Vick 4. Smith was 4-for-10 (2 TDs in red zone drill). Vick was 4-for-7, 1 TD. Bad day for O. #nyj

#15 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,454 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

txs for updates fellas

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#16 32EBoozer

32EBoozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Dee Milliner, the self-proclaimed best CB in football, just got beat by Clyde Gates for a 15-yard TD in 7 on 7. #nyj

DICK!

#25 PryorConvictions

#17 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Here is what i gleaned from all practice camp tweets as far as our pass catchers are concerned.

Decker, Kerley, Nelson are clearly the Top 3.

Ford has looked looked solid.

Gates having a good training camp like he did last season.

Sudfeld making some waves.

Shaq Evans continues to drop.

Enunwa continues to be on the sideline.

Stephen Hill is having more impact in this training camp although there is the issue of the dropsies.

Saunders name has not popped often enough after Day 1.

Amaro has struggled with drops and injuries,

Not too much heard about Cumberland in twitter land.

Chris Johnson proving an element that the JETS did not have out of that position.

Edited by JetsFanInDenver, 27 July 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#18 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:04 PM

If this wasn't so scary it would be one of the funniest things I've ever read. 

Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

/Users/christopherteaney/Downloads/dark-elf-shaiya.jpg

#19 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

Chris Johnson, Michael Vick

On Saturday the Jets completed their first practice in pads. Please check out our Jets Camp Recap  from Saturday for more information on that practice. Here is a recap of the action on Sunday.

Injury Updates

Willie Colon has been activated from the PUP List.  Rex Ryan confirmed that Calvin Pryor did sustain a concussion on Saturday. Jace Amaro walked off the field with a knee injury and Dennis Waszak updates us on that.

Quincy Enunwa (6th Round) sat out again with a hip injury.

Offense

Chris Johnson was back on the field after resting yesterday. The Jets are going with two days on, one day off for Johnson. Rex Ryan was asked if that was the plan for CJ:

Probably. That’s what it looks like. But again, how it changes, I don’t want to say that this is exactly how it is because quite honestly I don’t have the chart in front of me.

ESPN provides an update on how the quarterbacks performed today.

QB update: Neither Geno Smith nor Michael Vick was that sharp. There were some pass-protection issues, so Smith and Vick did more scrambling than usual. As expected, Smith received the vast majority of the first-team reps, 15 to Vick’s four. Smith was only 4-for-10, Vick was 4-for-7. There were some bright spots in a red-zone drill, as Smith tossed two short touchdowns, one to Amaro and the other to Chris Johnson. Vick had a scoring throw to Zach Sudfeld. Neither quarterback had a turnover.

There were several reports saying Zach Sudfeld stood out today.  This is good news, the Jets can make sure Jace Amaro is 100% while Cumberland holds down the fort, hopefully with some help from the 6′ 7″ Sudfeld.

Notes

• Dimitri Paterson and David Nelson got into a fight during practice.
  • The Jets don’t practice on Monday.

Visit our forum for some additional NY Jets training camp updates.

View the full article

#20 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,454 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

look out amaro, zach is coming for ya

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#21 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

And that makes me happy quite frankly. I love competition and not feeling like if our "one guy" does;t cut it we're screwed.  

Thanks Idzik! 

Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

/Users/christopherteaney/Downloads/dark-elf-shaiya.jpg

#22 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

The news has really sucked lately

#23 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

Suds was someone a lot of us were curious and excited to see here. A Pats send off with supposedly so much potential. I hope he ends up being something for us. Cumberland.. meh.

#24 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,828 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

The news has really sucked lately

Colon is back, overall Geno is having a good camp. No major injuries yet. I am alright with the start to camp.

#25 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Colon is back, overall Geno is having a good camp. No major injuries yet. I am alright with the start to camp.

Blah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users