By Mike Dietrich
Very soon we will post the Top 150 (fantasy football rankings). For now let’s take a look at the relevant Jets and their fantasy football prospects. The # is where they appear in my rankings:
- Chris Johnson (58)- A very frustrating Rb to own but he does have one thing in his favor and that is his health, he rarely misses a game. He has a ton of negative to 1 yard runs but is still a threat to take one 80 yards at any time. I look at him as a Rb3/Flex this year expecting 1100 total yards and 7 Td’s
- Eric Decker (67)- He steps in and gives Smith a Wr1. I do not expect anything close to his Broncos stats but he has a nose for the end zone and should be a solid WR2 or Wr3. I expect 900 yards and 8 Td’s
- Chris Ivory (80) – I see a 60/40 job share and Ivory should be a nice bye week fill in with the possibility of Rb2 status if CJ2K gets injured, he does not have great hands so that holds his usage back but I can see 700 total yards and 6 Td’s
- Geno Smith (Unranked)- The good news is he had 5 excellent fantasy games last year but the negative was all others were so bad that it was almost impossible to benefit from those good games because you never knew when they would come. If he continues to use his legs and with the addition of much better weapons he should be startable in 2 QB leagues. I project 3400 passing yards, 400 rushing yards and a total of 24 Td’s
- Stephen Hill (Unranked)- The one trick pony continues to struggles and will only be on teams in leagues of 20 teams or more, this is the year the light should go on but I am not seeing it. I project 400 yards and 3 Td’s.
- Jeremy Kerley (Unranked) – Now that he should be healthy and does not have to face the other team’s best Cb’s he should get back to where he was 2 years ago and could get drafted at the end of deep leagues. I project 800 yards and 5 td’s.
- Jace Amaro (Unranked)- He is an interesting talent and has the skills to make a mark his rookie year but I am not sure Smith will be one to look to his TE much and rookie TE’s are not usually fantasy relevant. I project 450 yards and 5 Td’s
- Michael Vick (Unranked) –If and only if he gets a few starts he becomes a quality bye week fill in but I see Smith holding the job unless an injury occurs in which case he is a great spot start candidate or one in a 2 QB league.
- Nick Folk (Unranked) – Good kicker, and he should get a bunch of options but I would have a plan in place when the weather gets bad in the northeast. I project 108 points.
- Shaq Evans (Unranked) - He played on the outside all of his UCLA career and I can see him beating out Hill midway through the year but still do not see fantasy relevance. My projection is 350 yards and 2 TD’s.