Training Camp Updates Tuesday 07/29/14

Maxman

Enunwa running routes and catching passes from the QB's. Progress for the rookie. #NYJ

Calvin Pryor (concussion) wearing a Woody-type safari hat while stretching on the field. He said on instagram he didn't suffer a concussion

Colon in there at RG for offensive walk through. Winters at LG for the moment. #NYJ

Amaro running sprints on the far side with a big wrap on his right leg. #NYJ

Purdum: 'I'm the best long snapper in the NFL---ever' My column: #fakequote #butitcouldhavehappened

Calvin Pryor (concussion) is walking to the field. No pads on. #nyj

Drops starting early today. Enunwa, Saunders and Ford all with drops against air. #nyj

Now Colon swaps out with Aboushi. Might be the plan for now. Those two splitting reps with Winters at LG. #NYJ

Owner Woody Johnson, walking on the field, makes his training-camp debut. #nyj

Looks like Colon will sit out team drills again. Sudfeld continues to take advantage of his reps. Catches play-action pass from Geno. #NYJ

Hill beats McDougle to catch a bomb from Vick during 7-on-7. Walked into the end zone. #NYJ

Landry with an INT of Vick during 7-on-7.

If Greg Salas doesn't make THIS roster, he should get opportunities elsewhere. He can play. #NYJ

Aboushi also getting 2nd team reps at RG with Dozier at LG. #NYJ

1. Willie Colon is in on team drills for the first time #nyj

Alex Green has his pads off. Dealing with a chest injury#nyj

I fear any success will at best result in Jets 'maybe' getting a late round pick for him. I dont see him making final roster.

I think he will, it'll look something like this in my opinion:

1. Decker

2. Nelson

3. Kerley

4. Hill

5. Ford

6. Saunders

Evans could take a spot from either Ford or Hill, more likely Ford because we have a similar built/style player in Saunders. Don't see Quincy making any noise .

Yes.  Nice of McDougle to let dude catch one to help him gain confidence.  

Hey, everything we've heard about the guy has talked about  his character and what a team player he is.  Nice to see it on display.

I fear any success will at best result in Jets 'maybe' getting a late round pick for him. I dont see him making final roster.

Was thinking that as well. A lot of WR's on this roster....depending on the next two weeks or so, I could see them trying to get something in return for Hill.

Hill will be the opening day starter opposite Decker.

Hill will be the opening day starter opposite Decker.

Agreed...Hill is going to win the #2 job. I'd love to see Salas make the team too.  He looked quick as hell in very limited opportunities last season.

Actually a strong possibility they look to deal Hill. Unless they plan on keeping 7.

There's zero way they trade Hill: kid is still on his rookie contract for two full seasons and at an all-time low value. If they want to trade anyone it should be Kerley, who's value is higher and in a contract year. Hill is not going anywhere.

There's zero way they trade Hill: kid is still on his rookie contract for two full seasons and at an all-time low value. If they want to trade anyone it should be Kerley, who's value is higher and in a contract year. Hill is not going anywhere.

Trade our most productive WR from last year and Geno's favorite target so far? That's not happening.

Hill's value is low because he hasn't been good. We just drafted four pass catchers...Hill would be the obvious choice to be dealt based on his measurables/potential. Depends on what the organization thinks though and how he does in camp....I know the trade rumors were circulating a few months ago.

Trade our most productive WR from last year and Geno's favorite target so far? That's not happening.

Hill's value is low because he hasn't been good. We just drafted four pass catchers...Hill would be the obvious choice to be dealt based on his measurables/potential. Depends on what the organization thinks though and how he does in camp....I know the trade rumors were circulating a few months ago.

I didn't say it was smart or likely, but he's the only receiver with value that one could trade. Hill is going to be the opening day starter in two-WR sets opposite Decker, regardless of how detested he is by the fan-base.

I didn't say it was smart or likely, but he's the only receiver with value that one could trade. Hill is going to be the opening day starter in two-WR sets opposite Decker, regardless of how detested he is by the fan-base.

Hill being the starter wouldn't be a total surprise, but I think Nelson at this point is their other guy. Plus Hill needs stay healthy anyways.

I don't see a Hill trade happening either. He's still got two years on a rookie deal and Idzik doesn't strike me as someone who's into trading players for below par value. That doesn't mean I think Hill is basically guaranteed a starting job, but I don't see them cutting/trading Hill over the alternatives on the roster.  If anything, I think it's more likely Hill gets injured again and they decide to move on rather than someone beating him out of a job.

Enunwa and Evans aren't locks to make the active roster and I don't see Saunders, Ford, or Gates beating Hill out of a roster spot. Next year is a different story since someone from this year's class will presumably step up and Hill will have shown this year whether he's worth keeping or not.

Hill isn't getting traded. Offering him in a trade is basically saying "this guy didn't pan out", so why would another team's GM then give up draft picks to acquire said bust?

Only Jets fans can convince themselves that trade our garbage for value is viable.

I don't think Hill is garbage personally, but that IS what the Jets would be saying if they started shopping him for trades.

Rich Cimini @RichCiminifrom Twitter 33m

Players that didn't finish practice: Nelson (groin), Powell (hamstring), Ras-I Dowling (foot). #nyj

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73from Twitter

34m

Rex says #Jets are "phasing" Colon in as he returns. Says he looked pretty good today. #Jets

Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDNfrom Twitter 36m

Rex thought practice was sloppy.

So before the startof the training camp it was the not so bright talk off cutting Hill.

Now that he has looked better in training camp there are these noises of trading him.

Wow....just wow.

If Hill looks good I wouldnt trade him. However if he was getting beaten out by other guys(Nelson for the starting spot)- you'd obviously do your due diligence and try and deal a guy who came into the league as a high pick and big time measurables.

If Hill looks good I wouldnt trade him. However if he was getting beaten out by other guys(Nelson for the starting spot)- you'd obviously do your due diligence and try and deal a guy who came into the league as a high pick and big time measurables.

You are going by talent and after Hill there is a big dropoff at this point. No way he moves.

Archived