Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Guy We Didn't Draft (Though Talked About) Dazzles At Saints Camp

79 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This is the guy I wanted the Jets to draft.  Don't get me wrong though.  After seeing Calvin Pryor's highlights (crushing hits), I was fine w/ the pick.  I'm no expert anyway.  But I will be following Brandin Cooks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000371038/article/brandin-cook

Rookie wide receiver Brandin Cooks lit up training camp on Tuesday with the session's finest play, taking a Brees screen pass the distance and showing off his speed and wiggle along the way.s-dazzles-at-new-orleans-saints-camp

Posted · Report post

Prefer a rebuilding team not take under 6' WR's that early.

Posted · Report post

This is the guy I wanted. Bad.

Posted · Report post

As for the video- he took a perfectly blocked screen pass the distance off of one cut.

Posted · Report post

what, a guy getting a concussion, and the other guy dropping passes before re-aggrivating an old knee injury isn't good enough for you ?

Posted · Report post

He's going to be good, no question. Probably Brees' favorite behind Graham, but how good would he have been with Geno is the question?

Posted · Report post

2093272-jack_tatum_0728.jpeg

Posted · Report post

I wanted him too, but I am not sure Saunders is all that much behind him

Posted · Report post

As for the video- he took a perfectly blocked screen pass the distance off of one cut.

He'll never get that in NJ.

Posted · Report post

All World Q.B, perfect block, these are unknown concepts in Jet Land.

Posted · Report post

This is the guy I wanted. Bad.

Homo

Posted · Report post

I wanted him too, but I am not sure Saunders is all that much behind him

It's not even close.

Posted · Report post

Well, I guess you can watch his career and lament the Jets not drafting him every day, but there's no way he would be able to accomplish in the Meadowlands with Geno (or Vick for that matter) what he'll be able to do with Brees in a dome.

Posted · Report post

Well, I guess you can watch his career and lament the Jets not drafting him every day, but there's no way he would be able to accomplish in the Meadowlands with Geno (or Vick for that matter) what he'll be able to do with Brees in a dome.

So the argument against drafting him is airtight then, is what you're saying?

Posted · Report post

This whole offense and scoring points thing is really overrated. We should punt on 2nd down.

Posted · Report post

I support the team taking the first safety off the board instead of the fourth WR; a tiny, speedy WR at that. The pass defense needed nearly as much help as the passing offense. We'll see how the careers of Cooks and Pryor go, with an eye on Jalen Saunders, too.

Would I've been excited if they took Cooks? Yeah, I would've. I think it would've been a bold pick. The boom/bust potential is significantly greater with Cooks. I don't think that's the kind of pick you're ever going to see Idzik make in the first round, though. I'm sure he wants star potential, but I have a feeling that a high floor is more important to him than a high ceiling that high.

Posted · Report post

If we were going to go receiver that early it had to be Benjamin. I would have probably taken the kid Seattle took(Richardson) over Cooks too.

Posted · Report post

I support the team taking the first safety off the board instead of the fourth WR; a tiny, speedy WR at that. The pass defense needed nearly as much help as the passing offense. We'll see how the careers of Cooks and Pryor go, with an eye on Jalen Saunders, too.

Would I've been excited if they took Cooks? Yeah, I would've. I think it would've been a bold pick. The boom/bust potential is significantly greater with Cooks. I don't think that's the kind of pick you're ever going to see Idzik make in the first round, though. I'm sure he wants star potential, but I have a feeling that a high floor is more important to him than a high ceiling that high.

I agree with this, too. It's unfair to compare a WR going into the Saints system to any other pick made this year, really. Brees and Payton will make pretty much everyone a star (Kenny Stills, for instance). I was disappointed they passed on playmakers in the first the last two years, but I'm hoping Idzik is waiting to see what kind of QB play he gets before investing heavily in receivers.

Posted · Report post

If we were going to go receiver that early it had to be Benjamin. I would have probably taken the kid Seattle took(Richardson) over Cooks too.

Cordarelle Patterson is supposedly killing people in practices. Him v Milliner in the draft could hurt.

Posted (edited) · Report post

it's hard to imagine a lineup with Kerley and Cooks on the field at the same time

follow up question how would Kerley look on the Saints? 

Edited by bitonti

Posted · Report post

We all know what a player does in a couple days of training camp makes them an all pro

Posted · Report post

Oh cool, we're already at the part of the season where we whine about the guys we didn't draft.

Posted · Report post

Kelvin Benjamin is a stiff.

Posted · Report post

Oh cool, we're already at the part of the season where we whine about the guys we didn't draft.

Nobody's whining. I started a whole thread before the draft about how much I liked Pryor.

Posted · Report post

This whole offense and scoring points thing is really overrated. We should punt on 2nd down.

Our turnover differential would be off the charts. lol