•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Guy We Didn't Draft (Though Talked About) Dazzles At Saints Camp

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 TuscanyTile2

TuscanyTile2

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

This is the guy I wanted the Jets to draft.  Don't get me wrong though.  After seeing Calvin Pryor's highlights (crushing hits), I was fine w/ the pick.  I'm no expert anyway.  But I will be following Brandin Cooks.

http://www.nfl.com/n...le/brandin-cook

Rookie wide receiver Brandin Cooks lit up training camp on Tuesday with the session's finest play, taking a Brees screen pass the distance and showing off his speed and wiggle along the way.s-dazzles-at-new-orleans-saints-camp

"Now let's go out there and show them we're not a bunch of horses' asses"  - Leon Hess

#2 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,959 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

Prefer a rebuilding team not take under 6' WR's that early.

#3 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

This is the guy I wanted. Bad.
"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#4 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

As for the video- he took a perfectly blocked screen pass the distance off of one cut.

#5 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,639 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

what, a guy getting a concussion, and the other guy dropping passes before re-aggrivating an old knee injury isn't good enough for you ?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#6 BroadwayJets

BroadwayJets

NFL Free Agent

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • LocationNY/FL

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

He's going to be good, no question. Probably Brees' favorite behind Graham, but how good would he have been with Geno is the question?

new-york-jets-logo.jpg

#7 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,772 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

2093272-jack_tatum_0728.jpeg

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#8 johnnysd

johnnysd

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:59 AM

I wanted him too, but I am not sure Saunders is all that much behind him

#9 JerryK

JerryK

Supreme Chancellor

• Members
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:31 AM

As for the video- he took a perfectly blocked screen pass the distance off of one cut.

He'll never get that in NJ.

Avatar=whoever eliminates Brady.

#10 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

All World Q.B, perfect block, these are unknown concepts in Jet Land.

#11 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

This is the guy I wanted. Bad.

Homo

#12 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:18 AM

I wanted him too, but I am not sure Saunders is all that much behind him

It's not even close.

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#13 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,992 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:57 AM

Well, I guess you can watch his career and lament the Jets not drafting him every day, but there's no way he would be able to accomplish in the Meadowlands with Geno (or Vick for that matter) what he'll be able to do with Brees in a dome.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#14 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

Well, I guess you can watch his career and lament the Jets not drafting him every day, but there's no way he would be able to accomplish in the Meadowlands with Geno (or Vick for that matter) what he'll be able to do with Brees in a dome.

So the argument against drafting him is airtight then, is what you're saying?

#15 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 15,062 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

This whole offense and scoring points thing is really overrated. We should punt on 2nd down.
Objective-Santa Clara, California

Super Bowl 50-February 7th, 2015

#16 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,992 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:30 AM

I support the team taking the first safety off the board instead of the fourth WR; a tiny, speedy WR at that. The pass defense needed nearly as much help as the passing offense. We'll see how the careers of Cooks and Pryor go, with an eye on Jalen Saunders, too.

Would I've been excited if they took Cooks? Yeah, I would've. I think it would've been a bold pick. The boom/bust potential is significantly greater with Cooks. I don't think that's the kind of pick you're ever going to see Idzik make in the first round, though. I'm sure he wants star potential, but I have a feeling that a high floor is more important to him than a high ceiling that high.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#17 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

If we were going to go receiver that early it had to be Benjamin. I would have probably taken the kid Seattle took(Richardson) over Cooks too.

#18 T0mShane

T0mShane

Mark Sanchez is my spirit animal

• Members
  • 29,201 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

I support the team taking the first safety off the board instead of the fourth WR; a tiny, speedy WR at that. The pass defense needed nearly as much help as the passing offense. We'll see how the careers of Cooks and Pryor go, with an eye on Jalen Saunders, too.

Would I've been excited if they took Cooks? Yeah, I would've. I think it would've been a bold pick. The boom/bust potential is significantly greater with Cooks. I don't think that's the kind of pick you're ever going to see Idzik make in the first round, though. I'm sure he wants star potential, but I have a feeling that a high floor is more important to him than a high ceiling that high.

I agree with this, too. It's unfair to compare a WR going into the Saints system to any other pick made this year, really. Brees and Payton will make pretty much everyone a star (Kenny Stills, for instance). I was disappointed they passed on playmakers in the first the last two years, but I'm hoping Idzik is waiting to see what kind of QB play he gets before investing heavily in receivers.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#19 T0mShane

T0mShane

Mark Sanchez is my spirit animal

• Members
  • 29,201 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

If we were going to go receiver that early it had to be Benjamin. I would have probably taken the kid Seattle took(Richardson) over Cooks too.

Cordarelle Patterson is supposedly killing people in practices. Him v Milliner in the draft could hurt.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#20 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:57 AM

it's hard to imagine a lineup with Kerley and Cooks on the field at the same time

follow up question how would Kerley look on the Saints? 

Edited by bitonti, 30 July 2014 - 08:14 AM.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#21 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,928 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

We all know what a player does in a couple days of training camp makes them an all pro

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#22 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,247 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

Oh cool, we're already at the part of the season where we whine about the guys we didn't draft.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#23 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

Kelvin Benjamin is a stiff.

#24 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

Oh cool, we're already at the part of the season where we whine about the guys we didn't draft.

Nobody's whining. I started a whole thread before the draft about how much I liked Pryor.

#25 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

This whole offense and scoring points thing is really overrated. We should punt on 2nd down.

Our turnover differential would be off the charts. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users