BLAH BLAH BLAH-please stop it already until you win something

Bugg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom has trouble reconciling how a reserved, quiet GM like John Idzik could possibly retain a loudmouth like Rex Ryan.  Maybe because Rex Ryan is actually good at his job.  Shocking idea, I know.

Another Rex apologist. Rex really isn't that good at his job. Surely not as good as he thinks he is for sure. His teams have always been inconsistent. One good win is almost always followed up by a bad loss. Certainly whenever the spotlight is shined on the Jets and people start to believe, that is the precise moment they will shrink from the white hot spotlight. Rex has a career mark of 42-38 which is hardly great.

jux•ta•po•si•tion (ˌdʒʌk stə pəˈzɪʃ ən) 

n.

1. an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast.
2. the state of being close together.

:love0038: 

Since you said I couldn't make the comparison, and I said I wasn't going for the comparison, I assumed it was quite obvious that I meant juxtaposition in terms of contrast. 

That's what I get for assuming.

Since you said I couldn't make the comparison, and I said I wasn't going for the comparison, I assumed it was quite obvious that I meant juxtaposition in terms of contrast. 

That's what I get for assuming.

Mid-30's, white, graphic designer is very different than 20-year-old black football player.  Film at 11!

Mid-30's, white, graphic designer is very different than 20-year-old black football player.  Film at 11!

Swing and miss.

Mid-30's knuckle-dragging ape who makes things look pretty vs. 20 year old football player. 

Where's Crusher or CTM when you need them?

Another Rex apologist. Rex really isn't that good at his job. Surely not as good as he thinks he is for sure. His teams have always been inconsistent. One good win is almost always followed up by a bad loss. Certainly whenever the spotlight is shined on the Jets and people start to believe, that is the precise moment they will shrink from the white hot spotlight. Rex has a career mark of 42-38 which is hardly great.

Someone ban me if I ever use the term "Rex apologist".

At what point do we start worrying about the fact that Amaro clearly cannot catch?

Depends on how easily trolled people are.

Also, based upon extensive research during the Sanchez era... I've found that it's quite obviously how Geno throws the ball. Not Amaro.

We are fans. We're allowed to get excited after EVERY win.

The Jets blew their wad, and got beat at their own style of play - ground and pound - by Pittsburgh.

Great coaches. Great teams. Do NOT miss out on a trip to the Superbowl when the win is 6 points away. That's why I agree with the guy that said we got "smoked". You would have thought it was a 30 point loss. When your franchise hasn't been to the big game since SBIII and you just missed it the year before YOU FIND A WAY. 

Uness of course you cannot stop Rashard Mendenhall from dominating your vaunted, run-stuffing defense.

"Can't wait" is the banner statement for SOJ fans that whine about not winning, but then polish a turd when the team can't back up their own identity. Trash talk and ground/pound. 

Pathetic.

Pittsburgh has been a ground and pound defensive team well before Rex and the Jets.  They were better at it by 6 points that day.  Using the points loss by as some metric of whether Rex is a garbage or great coach is just asinine.  

Your right great coaches and team never ever ever lose. They find a way. Maybe by getting illegal footage of other teams practice? FIND A WAY. 

Rashard is the ONLY reason they Steelers won that day.  Pretty sure he was the only one on the field for their offense.  Stupid Rex stupid defense.

Whats pathetic to me is the effort Jet fans put in to finding everything the team does as a negative and some shortcoming of the coach.  Look on the bright side for the love of bacon. 

My argument isn't that they need to learn humility. I can't speak for other fans though.

My argument is that they need to back up what they say, and if they don't then they should be accountable. Not talk more. Don't praise them for "bravado" and then letting a trip to the SB be taken from them because another team showed up and was better at what the Jets "do" than the Jets are.

Richard Sherman as an individual has backed-up 1000000x more of the sh*t that comes out of his mouth, than Rex and all the dopey ass players he's encouraged to fart out there mouths over the years. 

Back it up, fatty. That's all I want.

By back it up you mean win a championship?  I would like that too, but I take everything they say to then with a grain of salt because football is a physical and emotional sport and people get carried away.  But yes, when someone jaws out like Richard Sherman and they win it's pretty awesome.  Agreed there.  

Pittsburgh has been a ground and pound defensive team well before Rex and the Jets.  They were better at it by 6 points that day.  Using the points loss by as some metric of whether Rex is a garbage or great coach is just asinine.  

Your right great coaches and team never ever ever lose. They find a way. Maybe by getting illegal footage of other teams practice? FIND A WAY. 

Rashard is the ONLY reason they Steelers won that day.  Pretty sure he was the only one on the field for their offense.  Stupid Rex stupid defense.

Whats pathetic to me is the effort Jet fans put in to finding everything the team does as a negative and some shortcoming of the coach.  Look on the bright side for the love of bacon. 

Without the ridiculous display put on a week earlier after the NE win, I look at the Pittsburgh game and say "tough loss". Because of how they behaved and talked, I say, "**** these guys, you don't get to act like that and then shirk accountability when you lose". 

Pretty cut and dry. 

Woody Johnson says, "That little virgin is inexplicably naive, isn't he? Oh, could you pass me a glass of the sauvignon blanc? Daddy is going to get a little tipsy tonight, tee-hee"

If John Idzik was forced to keep around Rex Ryan, then dance around in the lockerroom when he made the announcement, then we might as well give up right now, because there's no point in rooting for the Jets until Woody Johnson dies.

Without the ridiculous display put on a week earlier after the NE win, I look at the Pittsburgh game and say "tough loss". Because of how they behaved and talked, I say, "**** these guys, you don't get to act like that and then shirk accountability when you lose". 

Pretty cut and dry. 

Who shirked accountability after that loss?

Rex quote after game:

"We played a good half. We never played a good game, and that was the difference," Ryan said in a postgame interview with CBS. "You get to this point, you've got to play a great game against a great opponent and we played a good half and that was it."

By back it up you mean win a championship?  I would like that too, but I take everything they say to then with a grain of salt because football is a physical and emotional sport and people get carried away.  But yes, when someone jaws out like Richard Sherman and they win it's pretty awesome.  Agreed there.  

Yes. 

I don't mind if you say you are the best, I get it. But proving it needs to go hand-in-hand with that, otherwise you are just full of sh*t. I don't like full-of-sh*t people. Do you? 

Rex, and his teams, historically don't prove it. That's not an opinion, that is a fact. They were within 30 minutes of the SB twice and couldn't get in. 

Offense was a disaster today apparently. 

Chris Johnson will be facing 9 and 10 man fronts by week 2. Decker will have 35 catches and only 2TDs by Thanksgiving, And that will be by Ryan's design. This offense is from hunger. GROUND AND POUND, YEAH!

If John Idzik was forced to keep around Rex Ryan, then dance around in the lockerroom when he made the announcement, then we might as well give up right now, because there's no point in rooting for the Jets until Woody Johnson dies.

Woody Johnson says, "Awww. That's cute. Can someone get me some empirical data to back up why we should wear the green pants every week?"

Rex quote after game:

"We played a good half. We never played a good game, and that was the difference," Ryan said in a postgame interview with CBS. "You get to this point, you've got to play a great game against a great opponent and we played a good half and that was it."

Is that a quote from Rex Ryan, the coach whose job it was to make sure his team was ready to play a whole game in the AFC championship game? The coach who retained his job after every one else around him got fired? 

A 42-38 record out of context doesn't sound great.  But the same people who point to his around .500 record as a means to say Rex is not a good coach also prop up guys like Sean Payton and Mike McCarthy who, without world class QB's, wouldn't be anything. 

Rex is pretty much what his record says he is:  Above average.  Yet around here Rex is terrible and should have been fired.  I disagree. 

Is that a quote from Rex Ryan, the coach whose job it was to make sure his team was ready to play a whole game in the AFC championship game? The coach who retained his job after every one else around him got fired? 

The same Rex who puts the blame on himself after every loss, yes. 

Yes. 

I don't mind if you say you are the best, I get it. But proving it needs to go hand-in-hand with that, otherwise you are just full of sh*t. I don't like full-of-sh*t people. Do you? 

Rex, and his teams, historically don't prove it. That's not an opinion, that is a fact. They were within 30 minutes of the SB twice and couldn't get in. 

:hand:

Yes.

Rex quote after game:

My fave is when he opens post-loss pressers by giving us the rushing stats against.

Yes. 

So every team but one every year in the NFL is full of sh*t?  OK?

Archived