"It's who we are!"

stevegrunder

Agreed.

Love this:

Ryan dusted off an old Sugar Ray Robinson quote that he's used in the past.

"To be great, to be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will," he said. "You can't hide in this league, so if you're saying it, that's great because they really believe it. You don't want to get embarrassed, that's for sure, but that means you're going to put in the work."

How can any Jet fan not love the guy! I get pumped up just thinking about it!

How can any Jet fan not love the guy! I get pumped up just thinking about it!

Really? It's pretty easy to love the guy in the off season when you're kidding yourself into thinking you've got a chance at the playoffs, lets see how pumped you are when the Jets are like 4-8 with Rex talking about how great a coach he is.

You've been posting an awful lot lately for a guy who says he's too busy for Mafia.  :cross:

I needed to goof off for a day - things have been nuts in Ape world these days. 

But yea, total conspiracy. You're onto me.

Really? It's pretty easy to love the guy in the off season when you're kidding yourself into thinking you've got a chance at the playoffs, lets see how pumped you are when the Jets are like 4-8 with Rex talking about how great a coach he is.

He'll be talking about the run defense at that point.

Nah, there is no chance we will be 4-8 after 12, no chance. Likely 8-4 or 9-3 after 12. Rex is a truly great HC. Very few HC's have ever done more with less. Hell, very few have ever done more with more.

I find the seething anti-Rex sentiments comical, I've had more fun watching this team under Rex's tenure than I have ever had being a Jet fan. The 2010 team was my favorite Jets team ever, that season was awesome right up until the end, and whatever happens going forward Rex has already put himself as the 2nd best coach in franchise history after Weeb (yes Parcells is better but Rex did more for the Jets) I'm going to enjoy this ride to the end.

I find the seething anti-Rex sentiments comical, I've had more fun watching this team under Rex's tenure than I have ever had being a Jet fan. The 2010 team was my favorite Jets team ever, that season was awesome right up until the end, and whatever happens going forward Rex has already put himself as the 2nd best coach in franchise history after Weeb (yes Parcells is better but Rex did more for the Jets) I'm going to enjoy this ride to the end.

It's like being happy that you got the go-cart that won't accelerate up the hill like the others.

We should have such dilemmas. There are no style points to winning.

As to ther Lombardi comparison, 5 > 0.

5 > 1, too, but let's at least get it right.

Lol at no style points for winning, either. So much bitching here about the way things should be done vs. the way they are. Disciplinarian coach. Offensive coach. Running the ball down their throats. Getting a QB.

Maybe you're rooting for the wrong team. I'm rooting for the spunky abused stepchild. I really want to win in a brash way that pisses everyone off. It's more fun. I may have to guarantee a Super Bowl myself if no one steps up and does it soon.

He's the perfect coach for our low-brow fanbase.

Says the guy pooing in his hand and throwing it at other posters.

Yes, because we're almost always 4-8 at the 12 game mark under Rex. You can set your calendar by it.

Lol at no style points for winning, either. So much bitching here about the way things should be done vs. the way they are. Disciplinarian coach. Offensive coach. Running the ball down their throats. Getting a QB.

Maybe you're rooting for the wrong team. I'm rooting for the spunky abused stepchild. I really want to win in a brash way that pisses everyone off. It's more fun. I may have to guarantee a Super Bowl myself if no one steps up and does it soon.

Yes, because we're almost always 4-8 at the 12 game mark under Rex. You can set your calendar by it.

If we're gonna award points for coordinating, Lombardi had some very good years at Army and with the Jints. But keep digging that hole.

Look, we all know how this will end; not well. 2014 is delaying the inevitable, and may be longer if Ryan can find 8 wins. No one is saying bring in a loon control freak Mangini wannabee. Merely this buffoon act with the Woody Hayes offense bragging about being top 5 vs. the run is a NFL-wide joke. It is not only tiresome but it's destined to fail. Just like his dad. How far in denial are some of you not to see this?

Muhammad Ali says hi.

Well played... But Ali backed it up....  It is not talk if you do it.  Ali Walked his talk....

The Jets have not.... We will see what happens this season.

Until then I wish they would let their game speak for them.

Seriously?  The list of great ones who ran/run their mouths is insanely long.

The best corner in the game right now is the most braggadocios player I've ever witnessed.

Its not talk if you go out there and get it done...  I am assuming you are talking about Sherman from Seattle who I think plays cornerback..  I saw the interview after the NFC championship game, but I am not aware of any proclamations in the media after that.  And given the timing of the interview after a game saving play he gets a pass from me...

Nah, there is no chance we will be 4-8 after 12, no chance. Likely 8-4 or 9-3 after 12. Rex is a truly great HC. Very few HC's have ever done more with less. Hell, very few have ever done more with more.

Sure they will, the Jets are the best at everything in the off season, then reality sets in when the games are played. "How did we get beat by the Bills? What happened to our elite defense? We demand an investigation, somebody is passing around our playbook! The comedy and entertainment value of it is just wonderful.

Its not talk if you go out there and get it done... I am assuming you are talking about Sherman from Seattle who I think plays cornerback.. I saw the interview after the NFC championship game, but I am not aware of any proclamations in the media after that. And given the timing of the interview after a game saving play he gets a pass from me...

You said the great ones don't need to talk. Now you're saying its fine if they can back it up. Very different tune you're singing my friend.

And if you haven't heard Sherman talking I take it you pay very little attention to the NFL. He was arguing with Skip Bayless years ago how he was better than Revis. He still does it as recent as 2 days ago with Patrick Peterson (who ironically also said he's the best in the game). Weird.

You said the great ones don't need to talk. Now you're saying its fine if they can back it up. Very different tune you're singing my friend.

And if you haven't heard Sherman talking I take it you pay very little attention to the NFL. He was arguing with Skip Bayless years ago how he was better than Revis. He still does it as recent as 2 days ago with Patrick Peterson (who ironically also said he's the best in the game). Weird.

I guess I want to see the Jets do their talking on the field as opposed to in the newspapaers...  The alleged greatness of the defense will be seen soon enough.   

I do not know how much attention I pay to the NFL, but I do not believe remembering what Sherman said abnout Revis on a talk show years ago is a basis for reaching the conclusion that I pay very little attention to the NFL...  I said I had not heard, clearly I stand corrected. 

I guess I want to see the Jets do their talking on the field as opposed to in the newspapaers... The alleged greatness of the defense will be seen soon enough.

I do not know how much attention I pay to the NFL, but I do not believe remembering what Sherman said abnout Revis on a talk show years ago is a basis for reaching the conclusion that I pay very little attention to the NFL... I said I had not heard, clearly I stand corrected.

I wasnt trying to insult but Sherman makes big headlines. It's hard to miss.

All good. I want to see the Jets back it up too. The taking just doesn't bother me. It has zero impact on the game.

I wasnt trying to insult but Sherman makes big headlines. It's hard to miss.

All good. I want to see the Jets back it up too. The taking just doesn't bother me. It has zero impact on the game.

No worries.  I hear you.   We have differing views on the talk.  But we agree that the talk needs to be back up by the play on the field, and we agree on this... 

GO JETS!!!

Would 5-7 be better? even 6-6? Rex really did wonders getting the Jets to the playoffs the last two years, oh, wait?

Archived