•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Michael Vick leaves interview when asked about "QB Decision"..

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

he then pats our buddy Cimini on the buttocks before being gone.

http://www.nj.com/je...n_the_butt.html

#2 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 16,639 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

mp6dJz-key-and-peele-dis-gon-b-gud-gi-sq

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#3 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 17,981 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

blood is in the water

this is thanks to rex' open mouth policy

ā€œI was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.ā€

#4 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

sadie-youre-welcome-gif.gif

#5 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 17,981 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

this is probably more of a corollary benefit than the strategy, but as long as the media is talking about the media, they aren't talking about geno, the rookies or the O-line situation, real actual issues that could be a real distraction if focused on by the "wrtiters"

ā€œI was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.ā€

#6 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,544 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

That's my go to move.
Posted Image

#7 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,544 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

Is this a big deal?
Posted Image

#8 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 21,946 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

Vick wants to start. This isnt a bad thing....but this is an open comp.

#9 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,697 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:47 AM

Vick wants to start. This isnt a bad thing....but this is an open comp.

That isn't why he walked out of the interview. It was because it's the same question he's answered - by Cimini's estimate - probably almost 150 times. Every time he's answered it the same way. I don't like Vick, nor am I happy this heartless sadist is on the team, and even I can see that's the reason. Cimini's the one who just asked it and HE acknowledges that's why:

Vick didn't seem angry. In fact, he acknowledged it was a "fair question" as he walked out of the interview tent, patting the reporter (yours truly) on the rear end.

After roughly 150 competition-related questions since signing with the Jets in March (probably not much of an exaggeration), Vick is tired of repeating himself. With no traces of animosity, he has said repeatedly he expects Smith to be the opening-day starter. Maybe it was one question too many, but it was relevant on this particular day, considering he worked exclusively with the backups.

Whether the question is "fair" or not is neither here nor there. It's a "fair" question, but it was fair over 100x ago when it was answered for the first time and in the 100x he's answered the "fair" question the same way since then.

I understand that controversy is more interesting than no controversy, but asking the same question he already knows the answer to is Cimini (again) trying to create a controversy where none exists.  Vick can spot this a mile away, so he walked away. The ass-pat kind is probably his way of saying, "Yeah...nice try," (or that's how he manifests it to those with only 2 legs, anyway).

JetNation.com

#10 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:18 AM

Is this a big deal?

Yes.

#11 LurkerKing

LurkerKing

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCFO JN VIP Membership

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

Good for Vick

#12 JerryK

JerryK

Supreme Chancellor

• Members
  • 4,280 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

Sounds to me like the question was simply lazy.  If I'm correct, Vick did the right thing calling them out.  If you land a press job at that high a level, you should respect it enough to come up with an original question.   This sort of laziness is how a college football player can spend a year claiming a nonexistent person is his inspirational sick girlfriend. 

Avatar=whoever eliminates Brady.

#13 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,595 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

Vick didn't seem angry. In fact, he acknowledged it was a "fair question" as he walked out of the interview tent, patting the reporter (yours truly) on the rear end.

Ha!

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#14 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

was it a one or two cheeker?

i have no doubts the jets blew rainbows up his ass during the courting process. i'd be upset also.

Edited by jgb, 01 August 2014 - 09:26 AM.

#15 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,544 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

Yes.

Why?  Seems like someone who was just done answering the same question from an a$$hole who likes to stir the pot.

i have no doubts the jets blew rainbows up his ass during the courting process. i'd be upset also.

Ya think?  Because from Day 1 he's been saying Geno will be the starter.  He's never once indicated otherwise.

Posted Image

#16 Jetlife33

Jetlife33

Gotham City Football Club

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

Total non-story. Cimini just continues to show everyone how much of an a-hole he is. Vick has a lot more patience than I would, that's for sure.

New-York-Jets-Helmet-2.gif

#17 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,697 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

No doubts? I have a lot of doubts they weren't forthcoming about it. It seems to me Vick knew what he was getting into in terms of the team fully giving Geno every benefit of the doubt.

If he's upset about it, it's because he thought Smith would have fallen flat on his face by now already, and that the starting job would have been his by August 15th at the latest.

From all reports, Vick wanted to walk into a (more or less guaranteed) starting job and when those were his demands, the Jets declined (as did every other NFL team). They told him - like they told Decker - that they believed Smith could be their guy and were going to give him every chance to be the starter.

At best he would have been told he would have a "chance to compete" or something of that nature. What that means is simple. There certainly was/is a "chance" Smith would be as bad (or nearly as bad) as he was in 2013. If that happened (or if it happens) then Vick would be competing for the job. Vick seems far less surprised than you that he isn't the starting QB and isn't in a competition for the starting position.

JetNation.com

#18 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

No doubts? I have a lot of doubts they weren't forthcoming about it. It seems to me Vick knew what he was getting into in terms of the team fully giving Geno every benefit of the doubt.

If he's upset about it, it's because he thought Smith would have fallen flat on his face by now already, and that the starting job would have been his by August 15th at the latest.

From all reports, Vick wanted to walk into a (more or less guaranteed) starting job and when those were his demands, the Jets declined (as did every other NFL team). They told him - like they told Decker - that they believed Smith could be their guy and were going to give him every chance to be the starter.

At best he would have been told he would have a "chance to compete" or something of that nature. What that means is simple. There certainly was/is a "chance" Smith would be as bad (or nearly as bad) as he was in 2013. If that happened (or if it happens) then Vick would be competing for the job. Vick seems far less surprised than you that he isn't the starting QB and isn't in a competition for the starting position.

eyeroll, it is a figure of speech. idzik did not sit down vick and say third day or training camp you are getting 0 reps with first team. that isn't a chance to compete, so if they said "chance to compete" that is also an anal rainbow.

Edited by jgb, 01 August 2014 - 10:05 AM.

#19 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

Why?  Seems like someone who was just done answering the same question from an a$$hole who likes to stir the pot.

Ya think?  Because from Day 1 he's been saying Geno will be the starter.  He's never once indicated otherwise.

cause I enjoy laughing at the arse hole with stirs the pot.

#20 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,544 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

eyeroll, it is a figure of speech. idzik did not sit down vick and say third day or training camp you are getting 0 reps with first team. that isn't a chance to compete, so if they said "chance to compete" that is also an anal rainbow.

Again, everything Vick has said to the media about the situation is that Geno is the starter.  He's been that way since Day 1.  I think the expectations were set pretty clearly.

Posted Image

#21 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

i think they told him there would be a competition. his frustration was evident about it not being an "open competition" a few weeks ago--i think they committed to "competition" without defining it as open or closed. vick is being a professional about it though; this is his last shot to get one more contract before it's over so he will play the good guy and wait. and i think his patience will be rewarded and he will be starting somewhere next year believe it or not.

Edited by jgb, 01 August 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#22 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

Again, everything Vick has said to the media about the situation is that Geno is the starter.  He's been that way since Day 1.  I think the expectations were set pretty clearly.

again, i believe his frustration was evident by his comments a few weeks ago about the competition not being "open." the good news is vick has worked very hard to rehab his image so that is likely the most vocal he will be about it, even if he believes deep down he got a screw job.

Edited by jgb, 01 August 2014 - 10:15 AM.

#23 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,544 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

again, i believe his frustration was evident by his comments a few weeks ago about the competition not being "open." the good news is vick has worked very hard to rehab his image so that is likely the most vocal he will be about it, even if he believes deep down he got a screw job.

Maybe he's frustrated Geno is out playing him but I dont think the Jets blew rainbows up his ass during the courting period, like you suggested.  His very first interview with the media he said this is Geno's team.  Very first.  I dont think they ever told him this was a true, may the best man win competition.  If they did, he'd have addressed the situation much differently than basically coinciding to Geno from go street.

Edited by JiF, 01 August 2014 - 10:23 AM.

Posted Image

#24 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

Maybe he's frustrated Geno is out playing him but I dont think the Jets blew rainbows up his ass during the courting period, like you suggested.  His very first interview with the media he said this is Geno's team.  Very first.  I dont think they ever told him this was a true, may the best man win competition.  If they did, he'd have addressed the situation much differently than basically coinciding to Geno from go street.

it is possible. it is also possible that he wasn't frustrated about it being a "closed" competition (why even mention open or closed or a competition at all if he really believed it was geno's team?) and was just speaking objectively about it. i tend to think he was venting in a mild way because at least he feels that the situation is different than the pitch. but who knows.

#25 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,859 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

Vick just came to a realization is all

tumblr_mhbsvp2zJH1qdkrv9o1_500.gif

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users