It's early August. And of course the jets are the best team in football. We have a top 5 QB, best CB in the league and the best defense. We're sweeping the Pats, winning the division and making a playoff run.
The jets have huge question marks in a lot of areas.
1) QB. Neither Geno or Vick are good enough to carry this team. Their not even good enough to win a game here and there. Both are TO machines, can't read a defense, can't go through progressions, terrible pocket awareness and in Vick's case injury prone. Both are bottom 5-10 QB's. And people that say sh*t like, "we just need Geno or Vick to be average" haven't a clue what their talking about. Average QB's don't win SB's 95% of the time.
2) The O-line is average at best. The G spot, no matter who is starting will be a weakness. Brick is solid but overrated imo.
3) The WR position is one that makes me laugh. Seriously now, who is going to strike fear in opposing D's? We have all poss wr's that don't require a number 1 cb to shut them down.
4) The LB unit is another one that gets me going. I hear people on hear and I just lol. Harris is the most average backer and Davis was one of the worst in the league last year. Bad in coverage and too many missed tackles.
5) The Secondary might be the biggest question mark besides QB. This is a bad group and that much has been shown so far in camp. Even when most D's are far ahead of the O's our DB's look bad. From the S's to the CB's we have a bad group starting. And for a team that doesn't get much pass rush that isn't good.
6) Rex. This blowhard shouldn't be a HC and he's proven it time and time again. From the bullsh*t he talks, his mismanagement in games, being far to loyal to certain vets, bad player development, inconsistent game planning and evaluation the guy should be a DC and nothing else. He admits to not giving a **** about 2/3's of the team and it shows big time. Lets stop pretending like he's the only guy who can coach D.
Finally I want to say a few things.
1) I'm a jet fan by birth. Love them but can't stand the direction we're taking and mis steps we've made. I'm a FAN NOT A CHEERLEADER!
2) I don't pm guys. Some of you have been pm'n me asking me to explain certain aspects of the game to them and breaking down football type stuff. I had a bad experience a few years back where I was stalked by someone who found out my home address from pm'n. Found the weirdo waiting outside my house waiting for me to walk my dog to ask me about zone coverage and blitz pick ups. So no I don't accept them. Also no need to thank me by pm'n me either. My work here is for the masses to enjoy. I never think about charging $ even though some of you suggested I should.
So let me you're welcome in advance.