receivers who actually should make the team....

Jetknowledge

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know Evans is out and will be placed on IR when the JETS can avoid the waiver wire.

Saunders will make the team. He is a 4th round pick. The JETS are not cutting him and they cannot hide him on the  P.S. Enunwa most likely lands on the P.S.

Decker, Kerley, Nelson, Hill are making this team.

So that leaves most likely one spot or atmost 2 spots up for grabs. Two spots if JETS decide to go with 2 QB's which I think is very likely. That allows an extra spot on the roster for an additional WR or even RB. And the competition is going to be between Gates/Ford/Salas.

We know Evans is out and will be placed on IR when the JETS can avoid the waiver wire.

Saunders will make the team. He is a 4th round pick. The JETS are not cutting him and they cannot hide him on the  P.S. Enunwa most likely lands on the P.S.

Decker, Kerley, Nelson, Hill are making this team.

So that leaves most likely one spot or atmost 2 spots up for grabs. Two spots if JETS decide to go with 2 QB's which I think is very likely. That allows an extra spot on the roster for an additional WR or even RB. And the competition is going to be between Gates/Ford/Salas.

ford can return as well.  saunders would probably clear waivers

he's tiny

Yes, none of this has to do with board perception or anything.  Nelson makes the team cause he's ballin' with his 3 catches for 14 yards on 6 targets.  Gates gets cut because he only caught 3 for 34 and a TD on 5 targets.  Please remind me, which one probably turned the wrong way and caused an INT? 

Yes, none of this has to do with board perception or anything.  Nelson makes the team cause he's ballin' with his 3 catches for 14 yards on 6 targets.  Gates gets cut because he only caught 3 for 34 and a TD on 5 targets.  Please remind me, which one probably turned the wrong way and caused an INT? 

Maybe the board's perception is based on the fact that Nelson plays with 1's and Gates with 2's.

But based on your statistical line of reasoning i now realize Michael Campbell has more of a chance to make the team than Decker. In the one game Decker played against the Colts he only had 2 catches for 12 yards and Campbell with just 1 catch reeled in 22 yards. Not to mention he was healthy to play in the second game as well.

Gates, Nelson and Hill all suck.

Maybe it's just because it's preseason...but dating back to even last year I thought Salas played the most how an actual pro receiver looks. The screen he took down the field on the Saints was the first effective WR screen I've seen this team run probably ever.

Maybe the board's perception is based on the fact that Nelson plays with 1's and Gates with 2's.

But based on your statistical line of reasoning i now realize Michael Campbell has more of a chance to make the team than Decker. In the one game Decker played against the Colts he only had 2 catches for 12 yards and Campbell with just 1 catch reeled in 22 yards. Not to mention he was healthy to play in the second game as well.

Based on your line of reasoning isn't Salas lower down the list?  Ford higher?  It works both ways.  I have no problem with cutting Gates, but he has been getting reps ahead of guys people think we can't cut.  It was nothing against you or your analysis, just the way Nelson is treated by this board you would think he was a stud.  

Based on Saunders medical event here is who is making the team.

• Decker
  • Kerley
  • Hill
  • Nelson
  • Greg Salas
  • Jacoby Ford..

Saunders, Evans get red shirt IR designation.

Enunwa to the PS.

Gates would get cut.

Why is HIll guaranteed a roster spot?   don't sleep on keeping enunwa over Hill. 

How about on Defense - do Dixon, IK, George, and Reilly make the team?   How many of this years picks is Idzik willing to cut?    2 are alerady headed to IR.  

Based on your line of reasoning isn't Salas lower down the list?  Ford higher?  It works both ways.  I have no problem with cutting Gates, but he has been getting reps ahead of guys people think we can't cut.  It was nothing against you or your analysis, just the way Nelson is treated by this board you would think he was a stud.  

Things may turn out different based on what happens in the next two weeks. But as of now I would consider Gates is a goner. Nelson did seem to connect with Geno a lot better down the stretch last season and he has had a decent camp. So i do expect him to make it.

As far as getting reps ahead of people on the depth chart so was Enunwa. Not saying Enunwa might not make it but i did not see him on the field in the second pre-season game so its does look dicey right now. I won't be surprised if the JETS try to hide Enunwa on the PS so he can be available down the road if need be required.

Archived