THREE HEADED DRAGON

CobraVerde

Is this really a debate? Powell is a nice little jack-of-all-trades third string RB. He can step into a larger role if either of Ivory or Johnson gets dinged, and the offense (for what it's worth) wouldn't miss a beat. Powell and Ivory each cost the Jets a fourth round pick, taking their salaries into consideration -even with Powell's raise this year- I think Powell has been the better overall value.

I'd use Ivory the way the Jets used to use LaMont Jordan; as a change of pace/bruiser to beat up on tired defenses late in games. You put him in, and you know he's not there to catch a pass. At least the defense has to be wary of a run or a throw when Powell is in there.

I think this is what is wrong with the board. A lack of respect for "Just A Guys" Those ****ers do the job, fit in and get no respect. You always want to upgrade them, but "thinking there are guys on practice squads that can do the same role" is a mistake. The Jets have probably had a dozen of those practice squad guys through and none of them could do what Powell does. I don't want him to get as many carries as Ivory or Johnson, but if he does it won't be a disaster which is precisely what JAG is supposed to do. If Dimitri Patterson turns out to be a JAG we will probably be awesome on D.

totally agree, also if Powell were cut he'd get scooped up by a good team quick guaranteed

Archived