Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Positives \ Negatives from the game?

You should bring back the private debate format just one time. T0mShane against one poster chosen by the people, and only those two can post in that thread (Like the BZ VS TX Debate) and have a poll attached to it.

Can you do that with this software?

Oh crap here I am consulting iwith you about deas on the site again. it must be old timers day or something.

We could try, but I don't think anyone actually wants to talk to T0m.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

You should bring back the private debate format just one time. T0mShane against one poster chosen by the people, and only those two can post in that thread (Like the BZ VS TX Debate) and have a poll attached to it.

Oh crap here I am consulting iwith you about deas on the site again. it must be old timers day or something.

This would be the essence of that "debate":

Me-- So, here's the record...

Sperm/slats-- listing of largely irrelevant statistics in an attempt to prove that the Jets could, in no way, have won a single game more than they did.

Me-- Yeah, so here's the record...

Sperm/slats-- Even less relevant statistic comparing Mark Sanchez to Akili Smith.

Me-- :lays head on desk, falls asleep, dreams of a time when explaining the exhaustive failings of a Jets coach is no longer the primary topic surrounding the Jets.

Sperm/slats-- Attempted slap at Parcells

Me-- :waking up, sipping coffee and popping two DayQuil:

Sperm/slats-- Attempt to diminish every Super Bowl winning coach ever, then loosely ties Rex's copious failings to the proposed failings of those coaches.

Me-- :opens tab for RedTube; clicks <Categories>; clicks <Milf>; clicks <Filter> <Highest Rated>

Sperm/slats-- Attempt to suggest that quarterbacks are products of divinity and not design

Me-- Orders sweet and sour chicken combo from that Chinese place down the street.

Sperm/slats-- Another Parcells salvo

Me-- So, here's the record again...

Sperm/slats-- listing of largely irrelevant statistics in an attempt to prove that the Jets could, in no way, have won a single game more than they did.

Sperm/slats-- Even less relevant statistic comparing Mark Sanchez to Akili Smith.

Me-- :lays head on desk, falls asleep, dreams of a time when explaining the exhaustive failings of a Jets coach is no longer the primary topic surrounding the Jets.

Sperm/slats-- Attempt to diminish every Super Bowl winning coach ever, then loosely ties Rex's copious failings to the proposed failings of those coaches.

Me-- :opens tab for RedTube; clicks <Categories>; clicks <Milf>; clicks <Filter> <Highest Rated>

Sperm/slats-- Attempt to suggest that quarterbacks are products of divinity and not design

Me-- Orders sweet and sour chicken combo from that Chinese place down the street.

This is accurate in that it's loaded with inaccuracies. Particularly the milf channel. Everyone knows you're a shemale kinda guy.

We could try, but I don't think anyone actually wants to talk to T0m.

So who is the most hated poster on the site? Since of course you're in the know.

Me, T0mshane or Bugg?

Lol

So who is the most hated poster on the site? Since of course you're in the know.

Me, T0mshane or Bugg?

don't know who is the most hated,but tom is by far the funniest and most entertaining

Also, there are about 10 teams in the league with as good if not better defensive lines than the Jets. I know that's usually our fall back option for gassing Rex and company, but take a look around the league.

Also, there are about 10 teams in the league with as good if not better defensive lines than the Jets. I know that's usually our fall back option for gassing Rex and company, but take a look around the league.

Houston, St Louis, Buffalo...

Neither Cam Newton nor DeAngelo Williams had HOF or top-5 caliber seasons. Plus I hear that Russell Wilson is nothing but a game manager rather than a great future HOF type. And I was only looking at this past season. But since you don't really watch much football, Brady won SBs before he was even elite present level (at that time), never mind HOF (elite all-time) level.

And spare me the OR a top 5 RB nonsense as though any one of these things is all that's required. What a silly thing to claim. A top 5 RB on his own isn't getting a team to the playoffs - let alone a SB - except in fantasy football. If that was the case the Vikings would have 5 rings already. The Chiefs had neither an elite QB nor a "true #1" WR. Charles is great but only a fool thinks he's the whole team (or the whole offense), even though he's by far the best player on that offense. They picked up a QB who played adequately plus the defense gave up a TD less per game than the year before, and that's the reason they won double-digit games. Not just because of Charles. They had him the year before - and he was awesome the year before - and they won 2 games all season long.

A "true #1 WR" - in the fantasy football sense as you mean it - is certainly nice, but it isn't remotely required to make the playoffs or even win a superbowl. Having a few good options is plenty, even if none of them are elite "true #1 WR" types.

Christ, there are teams like Chicago with TWO "true #1 WR" types and they won the same number of games as the Jets who didn't even have one full season of a "true #2" WR (as you'd call one). Ditto Atlanta, and their season was over after the first month. Same with the Giants. Cleveland had a record-setting "true #1 WR" and a beast of a TE and they won half as many games as we did (including getting beat up by our weak 2013 Jets team). And this is just from this past single season alone.

It's as though you do not watch football outside of video games and make-believe fantasy leagues.

And you still owe me a list of all the #3 RBs in the NFL who do so many things better than Powell. C'mon. Just give me a cool dozen or two to start, which should be easy.

Are you, with a straight face going to tell me that the Jets have comparable offensive talent levels with teams like the saints, Seahawks or chiefs? If you really believe that you're more deluded than Idzik is.

LOL - I don't think we have that ability anymore. That is a feature I would like to bring back though, I will look into it. That was a lot of fun back in the day.

So what is this thread about?  T0m's triumphant return?  

I just want to post my negatives.  Patterson looked pretty bad, but Babin bothered me more.  The guy did not even try to set the edge and was getting rag dolled by TEs.  He can't play every down and watching him out there made it easy to see why guys like Pace and Thomas are/were better than guys that can get 18 sacks.  They ran around the edge for big gains on about 3 of the first 4 plays when he was on the field. 

So what is this thread about?  T0m's triumphant return?  

I just want to post my negatives.  Patterson looked pretty bad, but Babin bothered me more.  The guy did not even try to set the edge and was getting rag dolled by TEs.  He can't play every down and watching him out there made it easy to see why guys like Pace and Thomas are/were better than guys that can get 18 sacks.  They ran around the edge for big gains on about 3 of the first 4 plays when he was on the field. 

Was he doing time?