Lol, Cimini Desperate for QB Controversy

nj meadowlands

If you think they improved then you are probably as delusional as Rex Ryan who thinks that it's OK to be noncompetitive for 3 months as long as you beat the terrible Browns, Raiders and Dolphins in December after you're already eliminated from the playoffs. 

Reading your posts, they read like this:  There is your opinion and then there are two things that go along with it. People that agree with you completely. Or people that are wrong. Your world is pretty black and white.  

That is pretty cool in a way to walk around thinking you are that right all the time. But the world is grey.  There are shades of grey everywhere and I am not talking about some book.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fan apathy is rampant with this organization right now. You wonder how much those cheers for Vick last night resonated in Woody's luxe box.

Some of the fan base is way too quick to buy into "it's just one preseason game!'. Johnson is a major league douchebag. But he is not going to sit around waitng for"the offense to gell" or some such crap. The FO and HC preachint patience in Year 6 of Rex is not going to be well-recevied by the financial people who suggested to Johnson his stadium mortgage payments would be a groundball before the Shitbox was built. it's not so any  more. And if not why do the Jets have so much open cap room? 

Financially there is something going on here. This team is not close to selling out spare may be the Pats game.

And so far Geno Smith has done little more than remind us all of Mark Sanchez. 

The franchise has doubled in value since Woody bought it (something crazy like that, I don't know the exact percentage). So Woody isn't going to panic financially.

The franchise has doubled in value since Woody bought it (something crazy like that, I don't know the exact percentage). So Woody isn't going to panic financially.

Johnson would have to sell it to realize such a gain, or borrow against his equity in the team. Most real estate for the last 25 years goes up, but I don't sunddenly consider myself A MILLIONIARE! because the market value of the house went up a whole bunch along with almost everyone else's.He has gained but not realized that gain merely because owning an NFL franchise that is a license to print money given the TV contracts. Those TV contracts are in fact a tremendous cash flow. We know based on the books of the Packers(owned by a charitable trust and therefore really the only books that are open among the franchises) NFL teams TV contracts alone make them profitable before the sell ticket number 1. Johnson does have a note to pay back on his share of the stadium. He is in fact fabuously wealthy anyway as a member of the Lucky Sperm Club rather than any brilliance he possesses, though at least he managed to keep it mostly together.

But that isn't going to matter if the stadium is half empty every week because the Jets are again mediocre. Or worse if the NFL enforces the blackout rules, which so far they have not done. Owning a laughingstock embarrassment is not much fun no matter how much it might appreciate on a balance sheet. The luxury boxes that were supposed to be a goldmine are mostly empty. The Jets actaully have an ad budget which they did not pre-PSL.

Johnson would have to sell it to realize such a gain, or borrow against his equity in the team. Most real estate for the last 25 years goes up, but I don't sunddenly consider myself A MILLIONIARE! because the market value of the house went up a whole bunch along with almost everyone else's.He has gained but not realized that gain merely because owning an NFL franchise that is a license to print money given the TV contracts. Those TV contracts are in fact a tremendous cash flow. We know based on the books of the Packers(owned by a charitable trust and therefore really the only books that are open among the franchises) NFL teams TV contracts alone make them profitable before the sell ticket number 1. Johnson does have a note to pay back on his share of the stadium. He is in fact fabuously wealthy anyway as a member of the Lucky Sperm Club rather than any brilliance he possesses, though at least he managed to keep it mostly together.

But that isn't going to matter if the stadium is half empty every week because the Jets are again mediocre. Or worse if the NFL enforces the blackout rules, which so far they have not done. Owning a laughingstock embarrassment is not much fun no matter how much it might appreciate on a balance sheet. The luxury boxes that were supposed to be a goldmine are mostly empty. The Jets actaully have an ad budget which they did not pre-PSL.

I agree on the stadium - if it is empty they will feel the pain. I just don't think that is the case. They aren't where they want to be ticket wise, but I don't think they are at the point of not being profitable, the stadium is packed each week.

And LOL about him being in the LSC.

The NFL has been very creative in bending the rules to not black out the Jets games. I am not sure what their match looks like but it is definitely interesting.

Small sample size, playing against starters or soon-to-be bouncers, garbagemen and car salesen,it's the preason, vanilla offense,  I get all that. 

Vick looked like he knows what he's doing. He may be a despicable piece of inhuman dreck, but he looks better at QB than Geno Smith and it's not close.

We just got done with wasting 4 years on Pick 6, I have no desire to do that all over again. FOOL US ONCE. 

And so far from  last year and  in camp and vs. the Colts r this year Smith still looks awful. Remains to be seen if Idzik will be making that decision, or MM, or Ryan. But it doesn't matter. Careers and reputations and salaries are at stake here. Cannot believe anyone with his job on the line and an anxious owner with tons of unsold tickets is gonna start Smith over Vick effective week 1.

this sums up exactly how I feel.   ron mexico is an awful human being but **** me he gives the Jets the best chance to win.   i can't even believe there is an argument about who the better QB is today.   

when a team invests every 1st rd pick on defense you need a QB who can move the chains and make 1st downs happen.   just let vick play sandlot football and this is a 10 win team.    

I agree on the stadium - if it is empty they will feel the pain. I just don't think that is the case. They aren't where they want to be ticket wise, but I don't think they are at the point of not being profitable, the stadium is packed each week.

And LOL about him being in the LSC.

The NFL has been very creative in bending the rules to not black out the Jets games. I am not sure what their match looks like but it is definitely interesting.

I believe that's going to change as Jet Nation gets a full look at Geno Smith year two, it's going to end ugly and if Rex waits too long to send Geno to the CFL where he belongs, this may be the final straw for some Jet fans.

Archived