Now Milliner goes down!!!

pointman

If the last five years of Jets football have taught us nothing else (and they haven't), it's that spending to the cap every year is the best way to build a competitive roster.

O rly?

Literally the only difference between you and Manish Mehta is that at least Mehta is smart enough to get paid for flinging dissembling semi-coherent word barf into his laptop.

:rl:

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or Antonio Cromartie or DRC or Vontae Davis, etc.

Plenty of corners to choose from. Idzik chose the most injured corner in NFL history and paired him with a 2nd year guy that has been inconsistent in the NFL and injured in college and a rookie corner that he drafted 3 rounds too early with an injury resume of his own.

You act as if we should be surprised that this situation is spiraling out of control.

you are acting as if every team in the league has 2 top tier players at cb to step in after 2 of their main guys go down. this is like having a sh*t fit after you #1 and #2 qb goes down and your 3rd stringer is not a top option at qb. get a grip man, hopefully the injuries aren't serious, but if they are we will have to adapt.

I am so glad I have gotten to the point where football doesn't make or break my day or week. if the jets win,great! if they are in the play-offs, awesome! if we get to the championship game, I'm ******* stoked!. if we ever win a superbowl i'll be elated. but if and when we lose, I turn the game off and go play catch with my kids and am completely happy

you are acting as if every team in the league has 2 top tier players at cb to step in after 2 of their main guys go down. this is like having a sh*t fit after you #1 and #2 qb goes down and your 3rd stringer is not a top option at qb. get a grip man, hopefully the injuries aren't serious, but if they are we will have to adapt.

I am so glad I have gotten to the point where football doesn't make or break my day or week. if the jets win,great! if they are in the play-offs, awesome! if we get to the championship game, I'm ******* stoked!. if we ever win a superbowl i'll be elated. but if and when we lose, I turn the game off and go play catch with my kids and am completely happy

Someone else has to play and step up. Banging your spoon against the high chair gets old fast.

If the last five years of Jets football have taught us nothing else (and they haven't), it's that spending to the cap every year is the best way to build a competitive roster.

O rly?

Literally the only difference between you and Manish Mehta is that at least Mehta is smart enough to get paid for flinging dissembling semi-coherent word barf into his laptop.

Yeah, that was a joke. I definitely would have welcomed DeSean. It would be crazy not to, since he'd be our #1 playmaker. You're right that I didn't want Vick, though. Again, that's not just because I don't like him as a person, it's more because he's not going to do anything for us. Maybe we get 1 year (or 8 games) of better play out of him, but in the long run, he would just set us back.

That is the owner telling him to go cheap.

no I don't believe that is what happened. idzik is going to try to build a young core through the draft and supplement with free agents. sh*ttenbaum left us in cap hell with an aging team and a sh*t qb. last year was a purge and start to rebuild. this year is a continuation of that strategy. if guys get hurt you can't foresee that.

No, not at all. The injuries are part of the equation; they are part of the reason why this secondary was so weak. Milliner and McDougle have both suffered either major injuries or an extensive list of less severe injuries. As for Dimitri Patterson, it's no surprise at all that he's hurt. Look at how many games this guy misses every season; he plays about half a season each year.

I would not have predicted all 3 of them getting injured, no... that's a tough break. But at least 2 of 'em? Yeah, it was probably bound to happen.

Oh, ok!

If you think I'm just trying to cover up or something, to make my hatred of Idzik more justified, I'll remind you that I loved the Eric Decker move. That was the #1 FA that I wanted this off-season. That was an excellent signing for Idzik, and he got him at a very good price. So, he did great there. And getting Geno in the 2nd round was nice, and he's made a few other moves that I liked. It's just that I can't stand him on the whole.

No, not at all. The injuries are part of the equation; they are part of the reason why this secondary was so weak. Milliner and McDougle have both suffered either major injuries or an extensive list of less severe injuries. As for Dimitri Patterson, it's no surprise at all that he's hurt. Look at how many games this guy misses every season; he plays about half a season each year.

I would not have predicted all 3 of them getting injured, no... that's a tough break. But at least 2 of 'em? Yeah, it was probably bound to happen.

i'll say that I would have liked idzik to have signed one of the higher tier cb's. but I'm not going to lay the blame on him if we lose mcdougle and milliner for the year. my brother just said mcdougle is a torn acl, if so he is done for the year

i'll say that I would have liked idzik to have signed one of the higher tier cb's. but I'm not going to lay the blame on him if we lose mcdougle and milliner for the year. my brother just said mcdougle is a torn acl, if so he is done for the year

Ugh, that's brutal. He might have been about to claim the #2 corner spot from Patterson. Of course, we don't have Patterson anymore, either. We can't go into this season with Walls and Lankster as our starting corners on the outside. They're both good at what they do, but not starters. This may force Idzik's hand.

Hopefully Milliner's injury is less severe.

If you think I'm just trying to cover up or something, to make my hatred of Idzik more justified, I'll remind you that I loved the Eric Decker move. That was the #1 FA that I wanted this off-season. That was an excellent signing for Idzik, and he got him at a very good price. So, he did great there. And getting Geno in the 2nd round was nice, and he's made a few other moves that I liked. It's just that I can't stand him on the whole.

967.gif

You act as if you're clairvoyant when you spent two months screaming for us to sign anyone at any position (except the time you threw a sh*tfit when we signed Vick and were rumored to be interested in Jackson).

Not clairvoyant, just the ultimate whiny botch.  This guy is a one trick donkey.  

sh*tty. From the reports it sounded like Dex was gonna be out with the ACL and Milliner will probably escape with an ankle sprain.  Still, I think what got lost a bit in this mess, is the play of Enunwa, he was showing flashes today.  He was probably the one receiver that I was most excited about: he has some Anquan Boldin to his game and I'm really looking forward to the kid getting some real burn the next few weeks.  Big, physical, good hands, athletic and plays tough.  

sh*tty. From the reports it sounded like Dex was gonna be out with the ACL and Milliner will probably escape with an ankle sprain.  Still, I think what got lost a bit in this mess, is the play of Enunwa, he was showing flashes today.  He was probably the one receiver that I was most excited about: he has some Anquan Boldin to his game and I'm really looking forward to the kid getting some real burn the next few weeks.  Big, physical, good hands, athletic and plays tough.

Not sure about the hands (isn't Enunwa the guy who basically has to re-learn how to catch?), but agreed on the rest. I remember Waldman saying he had a ton of upside.

don't worry,the john idzik jizz patrol will be singing a different tune come 5 years or less when izzy is looking for another job.rookie gm making big time rookie mistakes

Not sure about the hands (isn't Enunwa the guy who basically has to re-learn how to catch?), but agreed on the rest. I remember Waldman saying he had a ton of upside.

Yea I believe so. I can't say that I watched Nebraska more than once or twice, but he definitely dropped a few in the Gator Bowl if I'm remembering correctly, but at 6'2 225 (or whatever it is) he has the ability to catch in traffic and bounce off defenders.  The WR class wasn't anything to get too excited about, but the one or two times I watched Enunwa play he just reminded me a lot of Boldin.  

If nothing else, I hope this is the one big injury of the pre-season, as every time has at least one. Losing Dex certainly stings, but if the success of our defense was hinged on a fringe third-rounder who was running with the 2s, we have much bigger problems than being reported.  

High-ankle sprain for Milliner, per Rapoport.

sh*tty. The Dex injury I can live with, but this one stings.  He basically loses all of the conditioning he did the last few months, will probably miss the first week or two of the season and if for some reason he is able to play, he's not gonna be near 100%, which doesn't bode well for the beginning of our schedule.

Still, it's not an excuse.  There's a plethora of top picks on this defense for them to still be successful and the team is still going as far as Geno takes them. The injury sucks, but again, an injury to a CB, no matter how good, shouldn't hamstring your entire f*cking team lol.

I think week 1 is optimistic, but these guys are world class athletes with world class medical care so who knows

Probably is, but it depends on the severity of the sprain. Considering his position and the type of movement that's needed to be competitive, it's not something you want to have him rush back from and have it linger.  Players like Mangold can come back in a few weeks and deal, but guys that require a lot of lateral movement and agility really need it to be healed up unless they want to expose themselves to even worse structural damage.

If it's me, unless he's close to 100%, I sit him for the Oakland game and try to get him ready for the tough run of GB, Chicago, Detroit, San Diego, Denver and New England. 

sh*tty. The Dex injury I can live with, but this one stings.  He basically loses all of the conditioning he did the last few months, will probably miss the first week or two of the season and if for some reason he is able to play, he's not gonna be near 100%, which doesn't bode well for the beginning of our schedule.

Still, it's not an excuse.  There's a plethora of top picks on this defense for them to still be successful and the team is still going as far as Geno takes them. The injury sucks, but again, an injury to a CB, no matter how good, shouldn't hamstring your entire f*cking team lol.

Injuries in the secondary were bound to happen right? That way Rex gets his pass for 2014 and we get year #7 because of course that's what happens.

I think week 1 is optimistic, but these guys are world class athletes with world class medical care so who knows

He probably won't be in football shape when he gets back, which is the worst part about it honestly...plus Milliner is still a question mark to begin with.

half sack a game should be worth 12m-13m a year,no?

Actually think we should lock Mo up. He's our best player...could probably improve the morale in the locker room after a sh*tty d for the defense. If anyone deserves it, it's him honestly.

Archived