•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Now Milliner goes down!!!

• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

#376 NJ

NJ

• Members
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Didn't he play outside exclusively at Boise as well? Kind of weird that his career path so far has been nickel.

Yes - when you never have a vague clue of where the ball is ... being closer to one sideline would help out. But that might simply upgrade him to horsesh*t from horrible. We're going to need more help than that. 

NATION....... JETNATION

#377 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,102 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

Guys that cant cover well(or have the tendency to get burnt by guessing/overplaying) can usually make up for it by having a nose for the football...Wilson just doesnt do either.

He is terrible.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#378 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,765 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

Kyle Wilson has no ball skills awareness - bad attributes to have in a CB- hah

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#379 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,600 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

He runs like he's on an electric football board. It takes him like 20 minutes to turn around

#380 stevegrunder

stevegrunder

When The Grunder speaks, people Listen!

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationPatterson, NJ

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

I am not sure why everyone is so bent out of shape over the corners. Rex has shown the ability to make Filet Mignon out of minced meat, we are fine as long as Rex is running the D. He has a serious weapon at his disposal in the D line, and he will scheme around our CB weakness.

#381 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,102 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

I am not sure why everyone is so bent out of shape over the corners. Rex has shown the ability to make Filet Mignon out of minced meat, we are fine as long as Rex is running the D. He has a serious weapon at his disposal in the D line, and he will scheme around our CB weakness.

Have you ever actually eaten a filet mignon?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#382 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,741 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

Also bad attributes for an aspiring JN mod.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#383 Thor99

Thor99

Making friends since 1970

• Moderators
  • 18,703 posts
  • LocationLeland, NC

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

We all know you're a 'lil smoky kind of guy.
Look at me
I'm a tangled puppet
I might be a mess
But I sure can survive

#384 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,153 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

Wild or farmed?

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#385 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,656 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

Have you though? You strike me as someone who turned vegan for a girlfriend, and after she left you just kept with it out of habit  

#386 stevegrunder

stevegrunder

When The Grunder speaks, people Listen!

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationPatterson, NJ

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

I have, it is awesome! Just like Rex's teams tend to be, no matter how putrid the talent level is. Like last year when he took a team that almost any other HC would have been lucky to lead to 3-13, and led them to 8-8.  This year, the team would likely be a 6-10 or 7-9 team with anyone other than Rex. I fully expect us to go 10-6 or better thanks to Rex.

#387 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,317 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

He is terrible.

No no. He's one of the best in the game. I assure you, I've been assured this by several posters here. It's all very reassuring.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#388 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,841 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:07 AM

No no. He's one of the best in the game. I assure you, I've been assured this by several posters here. It's all very reassuring.

I really do not think he is super bad.  I think his average season would certainly be better than 2013 Cromartie. I also do not think he is particularly good, nor do I want him out on an island manning up every down, all year.  I just wonder if Rex is going to lean on whoever they throw out there the way he did, to our detriment, with Cromartie in 2013 or if he is going to scheme around it.  Living with Patterson getting torched in a preseason game makes sense.  See what you have.  Doing it in September does not. 

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#389 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,738 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

Once upon a time our defense was supposed to go right down the tubes, and the season all but over, because the most important player on our defense - Kris Jenkins - went down for the season with the same injury.

Patterson (or someone else) will have to step up. IMO Patterson was brought in as a contingency plan, or to hold the fort for the first several games while a youngster got eased in, not to be the every-down starter all season. AA aside, they brought in several other young, fast "athletes" that nominally play CB. One of them is going to have to step it up sooner or later because Patterson (a) looks horrible so far (b) is unlikely to make it through 16 games anyway, even if Ryan schemes around so Patterson isn't such a liability.

JetNation.com

#390 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,738 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:18 AM

I really do not think he is super bad.  I think his average season would certainly be better than 2013 Cromartie. I also do not think he is particularly good, nor do I want him out on an island manning up every down, all year.  I just wonder if Rex is going to lean on whoever they throw out there the way he did, to our detriment, with Cromartie in 2013 or if he is going to scheme around it.  Living with Patterson getting torched in a preseason game makes sense.  See what you have.  Doing it in September does not. 

I do think that's all it was. See what he can handle. Here's my problem with it, for anyone who still thinks I believe all Idzik moves to be works of art. Patterson was brought in to play in the scheme Ryan likes to run, not another one. Granted, there are few CBs who are Revis-lite in the first place. But if Patterson can't man up (assuming there wasn't some other underlying reason why he was so bad vs Indy, that we're not privy to) then he's no better of a scheme fit than others we passed on. Other CBs that fans - myself included - waved off as bad pickups because we'd have to change the entire D strategy around as soon as this guy walks onto the field.

We'll see what happens. It just happened, it's August 12th, and we don't yet know who's starting week 1. It's also entirely possible Patterson just had a bad day, for whatever reason. But bad it was. He may bounce back and be an adequate starter, or one of the next in line will.  In Milliner's place, for a game or two, Patterson and someone else almost assuredly will need to be on the field unless someone else is brought in, off his couch, and suddenly lights it up over the next 3 weeks.

JetNation.com

#391 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,317 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

I really do not think he is super bad. I think his average season would certainly be better than 2013 Cromartie. I also do not think he is particularly good, nor do I want him out on an island manning up every down, all year. I just wonder if Rex is going to lean on whoever they throw out there the way he did, to our detriment, with Cromartie in 2013 or if he is going to scheme around it. Living with Patterson getting torched in a preseason game makes sense. See what you have. Doing it in September does not.

I'm just recapping here:

He's not bad.
He's not good.
We don't want him covering anyone one on one.
His ceiling is the ghost of Antonio Cromartie's hip.

Now THAT, is what I call one hell of a grey area.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#392 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,841 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

I'm just recapping here:

He's not bad.
He's not good.
We don't want him covering anyone one on one.
His ceiling is the ghost of Antonio Cromartie's hip.

Now THAT, is what I call one hell of a grey area.

He is not going to make us forget Revis, but teams are winning games and super bowls with worse CBs.  Aaron Ross won 2 against one of the best passing teams in the league, playing against Arrington and McCourty.  I don't think Wilson is any worse than those guys.  FWIW, the guys that people are looking to get, Flowers, Samuel, Clairborne were all pretty terrible in their own right. People forget that Geno Smith hung 3 TDs on the Falcons pass D which was rated 31st.  Ladies and gentlemen, it does get worse than the Jets.  

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users