Jets reach out to Asante Samuel

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asante or any other FA at this point might not be the answer. The JETS will sign someone to add a CB on the team for needed training camp depth but that player might not make the team. They might even scour the waiver wire aggressively for a CB once the trimming down of the rosters start.

But the CB's who make this team will be from whoever is on current roster.

Actually, yeah, it sorta does. If you want to be as cheap as possible you sign high risk guys on the cheap like Patterson. If they break down, you shouldn't be surprised.

New England upgraded their corners with the best of the best. The Jets added 2 injuries waiting to happen in Patterson and McDougle on the cheap. Sometimes you get what you pay for and Idzik refuses to pay. As a result, our secondary is garbage.

You are a clown.

I don't understand that, nor do I understand why even asking that question gets you flamed around here.

Why is Idzik still trying to "bargain shop" at this point? SMH...

That's any easy question to answer, you see the vast majority of Jet fans would rather live in their dreams of what they want the team to be rather than take a real look at what the team really is. When someone questions a management decision or draft picks talents, it threatens that dream of many Jets fans. Many fans would rather go on blindly believing that every decision is gold and every scrub player is magically going to become a hall of famer. It's just human nature really, no fan wants to go into the season thinking their team doesn't have a chance, but some can't separate the dream from what's right in front of them. For instance, take Geno Smith, there is no one really outside of Jets fans that actually believes he can become a good QB, I honestly believe it's a long shot that he'll even become a serviceable back up. I mean you can see it coming from a mile away, yet many Jets fans will hold on to that dream, "it's too early to give up on him", "he's getting better, he just needs more time", "but, but, he has all the talent in the world!!!" It's not that they can't see it too, they would just rather hold onto that dream.  

Thant's any easy question to answer, you see the vast majority of Jet fans would rather live in their dreams of what they want the team to be rather than take a real look at what the team really is. When someone questions a management decision or draft picks talents, it threatens that dream of many Jets fans. Many fans would rather go on blindly believing that every decision is gold and every scrub player is magically going to become a hall of famer. It's just human nature really, no fan wants to go into the season thinking their team doesn't have a chance, but some can't separate the dream from what's right in front of them. For instance, take Geno Smith, there is no one really outside of Jets fans that actually believes he can become a good QB, I honestly believe it's a long shot that he'll even become a serviceable back up. I mean you can see it coming from a mile away, yet many Jets fans will hold on to that dream, "it's too early to give up on him", "he's getting better, he just needs more time", "but, but, he has all the talent in the world!!!" It's not that they can't see it too, they would just rather hold onto that dream.  

So your reasoning is.. don't spend money cause we have no shot? 

So your reasoning is.. don't spend money cause we have no shot? 

???? How you got that out of what I posted is mind boggling. The post was an answer to the question of why it's frowned upon by many Jets fans to question the teams management. The fact that the Jets have ton of cap space and could have signed one of the top Cb's in the game, even if it was only a year or two is absolutely a reason to question them, and believe me during the course of this season while the Jets are getting carved up every week in the air, you can bet that a lot of jet fans will be questioning why it came to that. There were plenty of good FA CB's to be had, and money wasn't the issue, so what's that leave?

You are a clown.

What exactly did he say that was wrong? NE signed the best Cb in the NFL who wanted to play for the Jets and the Jets were relying on a rookie coming off a major injury and a journeyman coming off a major injury. 

They are either cheap or incompetent. Choose one (or both.)

???? How you got that out of what I posted is mind boggling. The post was an answer to the question of why it's frowned upon by many Jets fans to question the teams management. The fact that the Jets have ton of cap space and could have signed one of the top Cb's in the game, even if it was only a year or two is absolutely a reason to question them, and believe me during the course of this season while the Jets are getting carved up every weak in the air, you can bet that a lot of jet fans will be questioning why it came to that. There were plenty of good FA CB's to be had, and money wasn't the issue, so what's that leave?

I don't actually read anything you post. Like now. I assume you are talking about potatoes and the importance of ketchup on the side, as spraying ketchup all over is for savages.

And I agree with you, on both points.

What exactly did he say that was wrong? NE signed the best Cb in the NFL who wanted to play for the Jets and the Jets were relying on a rookie coming off a major injury and a journeyman coming off a major injury. 

McDougs being an injury waiting to happen.. and adding him on the cheap. He tore up his ACL. Could happen to anyone. He is a third round pick. 

McDougs being an injury waiting to happen.. and adding him on the cheap. He tore up his ACL. Could happen to anyone. He is a third round pick. 

Yeah it could happen to anyone but the depth is the issue, not that specific player (who BTW was coming off a major injury and was a reach where they drafted him.) 

Yeah it could happen to anyone but the depth is the issue, not that specific player (who BTW was coming off a major injury and was a reach where they drafted him.) 

You asked what was wrong with what he said. What was wrong was that he said McDoug was an injury waiting to happen. He blew out his ACL. Ridiculous comment is ridiculous.

I don't actually read anything you post. Like now. I assume you are talking about potatoes and the importance of ketchup on the side, as spraying ketchup all over is for savages.

And I agree with you, on both points.

Then why did you respond to a post that wasn't directed to you? I if you have nothing constructive to say, and want to wave your green and white pom poms feel free to continue to not read my posts sweetheart. :roll:

Then why did you respond to a post that wasn't directed to you? I if you have nothing constructive to say, and want to wave your green and white pom poms feel free to continue to not read my posts sweetheart. :roll:

how do you feel about the great debate? Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Golden Grahams... too similar to both exist, or too different to be ignored?

He argued that spending to the salary cap prevents injuries. That is wrong. You'd have to be a complete moron to think otherwise.

The rest of his post is just drivel, along with your nonsense. Revis NEVER wanted to play for the Jets, it is mind-blowing that some of you dopes believe this. He dedicated his whole year in Tampa to lashing out at the Jets, he couldn't get enough of taking shots at us. Furthermore, he's been connected to BB since before he even left the Jets, when Bill coached him during the probowl in like 2011 or whenever. He was never coming back. Ever. 

This whole stream of logic that the Jets were wrong to pay less for a journeyman coming off an injury, and that they used a 3rd round pick on a good-looking CB who also had a recent injury BUT they should have made Revis the highest paid CB in football coming off of his injury is ******* assinine.

You are also a clown.

He argued that spending to the salary cap prevents injuries. That is wrong. You'd have to be a complete moron to think otherwise.

The rest of his post is just drivel, along with your nonsense. Revis NEVER wanted to play for the Jets, it is mind-blowing that some of you dopes believe this. He dedicated his whole year in Tampa to lashing out at the Jets, he couldn't get enough of taking shots at us. Furthermore, he's been connected to BB since before he even left the Jets, when Bill coached him during the probowl in like 2011 or whenever. He was never coming back. Ever. 

This whole stream of logic that the Jets were wrong to pay less for a journeyman coming off an injury, and that they used a 3rd round pick on a good-looking CB who also had a recent injury BUT they should have made Revis the highest paid CB in football coming off of his injury is ******* assinine.

You are also a clown.

The level of self delusion and proud ignorance that is contained in this post is a sight to behold. 

You are also a clown.

quite a story, but, to be honest, I don't believe any of it

And Max, and mods, I'm sorry but stupid is the only word to describe how a lot of people are acting right now. 

this has nothing to do with injuries.this is outlash and carry over from the awful job some thought idzik did this offseason. nothing more. for those "idzik is god" posters who believe idzik is the truth, this is just a small sample size  of mis steps that is the "idzik way".

this has nothing to do with injuries.this is outlash and carry over from the awful job some thought idzik did this offseason. nothing more. for those "idzik is god" posters who believe idzik is the truth, this is just a small sample size  of mis steps that is the "idzik way".

quite a story, but to be honest, i think those people are all over-reactive pansies

Love that idea....Ellis or Coples for Claiborne - I think the Cowboys would bite...

Ellis yes...Coples no...Claiborne has been working with the twos...needs change of scenery ...Coples a starter...still have hope he breaks out this year.

You are also a clown.

I can tell that you don't like dealing with reality much. You're saying that despite multiple media reports, as well as reports from the Jet's front office, and Revis's own words that he had his agent reach out to the Jets, that it was all some kind of scam and he was toying with the Jets and didn't really want to go there? That's the most laughable homeristic thing I've heard on this board. Not only that, but Revis is only getting paid 12 million this year, a far cry from the highest paid CB in the league. The bottom line is the Jest had plenty of cash, and there where plenty of options to improve the CB position in both starters and depth and they chose not to.      

I can tell that you don't like dealing with reality much. You're saying that despite multiple media reports, as well as reports from the Jet's front office, and Revis's own words that he had his agent reach out to the Jets, that it was all some kind of scam and he was toying with the Jets and didn't really want to go there? That's the most laughable homeristic thing I've heard on this board. Not only that, but Revis is only getting paid 12 million this year, a far cry from the highest paid CB in the league. The bottom line is the Jest had plenty of cash, and there where plenty of options to improve the CB position in both starters and depth and they chose not to.      

Revis agent: "Darrell, I know you want to go to the Patriots, but they aren't going to want to pay you like you want. I'm going to put in a call to the Jets to make it look like you want a reunion with Rex, and that should get Bill to pull the trigger."

Revis: "Okay. Get me my money."

Media reports don't mean sh*t. Revis dedicated an entire year+ to taking a dump on the Jets every chance he could. I think anyone that believes that he sincerely wanted to run right back to us is a chump.

Revis agent: "Darrell, I know you want to go to the Patriots, but they aren't going to want to pay you like you want. I'm going to put in a call to the Jets to make it look like you want a reunion with Rex, and that should get Bill to pull the trigger."

Revis: "Okay. Get me my money."

Media reports don't mean sh*t. Revis dedicated an entire year+ to taking a dump on the Jets every chance he could. I think anyone that believes that he sincerely wanted to run right back to us is a chump.

There's also a big difference between Revis being willing to return to the Jets and the 1st choice and the evil Jets said no narrative that's been going around.

Archived