Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Monday August 11th, camp updates.

53 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Interesting they are moving Allen to CB.

Posted · Report post

I was not supposed to tweet about a player playing a different position, so just pretend you never saw that. #nyj

Posted · Report post

Interesting they are moving Allen to CB.

Especially since he played linebacker in college before switching to safety.  Ran a 4.58 40 yard dash, so he's borderline fast enough.

Posted · Report post

If only Idzik had signed Hakeem Nicks, then Decker never would have hurt his quad....

Posted · Report post

Especially since he played linebacker in college before switching to safety.  Ran a 4.58 40 yard dash, so he's borderline fast enough.

Pretty slow for a corner. I guess they just want him to knock the snot out of people at the LOS, and pray Pryor can't delete their brains once they get down field.

Posted · Report post

If only Idzik had signed Hakeem Nicks, then Decker never would have hurt his quad....

F that Hakeem. We got Hakim Saalim. 

Posted · Report post

F that Hakeem. We got Hakim Saalim.

That's why Decker got hurt.

Posted · Report post

That's why Decker got hurt.

b3mWa.gif

Posted · Report post

Pretty slow for a corner. I guess they just want him to knock the snot out of people at the LOS, and pray Pryor can't delete their brains once they get down field.

Yes, there are CBs in that range playing, but you usually like to see them a little faster.  Guess that's why they're trying it in training camp.

Posted · Report post

I think Costello is on a cookie break, Dyer is too busy talking about himself, and Cimini and Mehta are morons. Hence no updates.

Posted · Report post

Sounds like Allen's tearing it up at corner today. Even if he sticks at safety, that bodes well for the defense - lot of versatility when you've got a safety with legit cover skills. And moreso when that safety with cover skills also can play in the box.

Nice to see his game progress - could have a pretty solid duo between him and Pryor plus Landry on the field along with them in some situations. Quality safety play can help compensate for the issues at corner - where frankly the Milliner injury is concerning but the team was pretty consistent 2-5 at corner and has a couple 4th corner caliber guys behind those 5 so while depth went from a strength to a questionI think they'll make things work.

Posted · Report post

Sounds like Allen's tearing it up at corner today. Even if he sticks at safety, that bodes well for the defense - lot of versatility when you've got a safety with legit cover skills. And moreso when that safety with cover skills also can play in the box.

Nice to see his game progress - could have a pretty solid duo between him and Pryor plus Landry on the field along with them in some situations. Quality safety play can help compensate for the issues at corner - where frankly the Milliner injury is concerning but the team was pretty consistent 2-5 at corner and has a couple 4th corner caliber guys behind those 5 so while depth went from a strength to a questionI think they'll make things work.

Allen is taking reps at corner, not safety. 

Posted · Report post

Allen is taking reps at corner, not safety. 

Read my first sentence.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Pointman for all the updates. Keep posting more.

Posted · Report post

Read my first sentence.

VOODOO!

Posted · Report post

Rex is pumping up the defense. Says he's confident the defense will be fine even with this group of corners #nyj

Posted · Report post

bc_normal.jpgBrian Costello @BrianCoz · 3s

I was not supposed to tweet about a player playing a different position, so just pretend you never saw that. #nyj

The Jets PR staff is possibly the dumbest in all of sports.