Geno Smith May or May Not know the playbook, but he sure can run a film projector (MERGED)

Matt39

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That segment was a whole lot of bullsh*t based on the hypothetical situation that Geno doesn't know the playbook. Everything that we have seen and read thus far suggests that Geno is comfortable in this offense. This is sh*t stirring for ratings sake...

Judging by the end of the segment it doesnt seem hypothetical....

Judging by the end of the segment it doesnt seem hypothetical....

Boomer isn't at Jets camp, there is little evidence that he is even closely connected with the team anymore. The people who he knew well in the organization when he was here are long gone and the Jets want nothing to do with Boomer's station. Everyone from the beat and the Jets themselves have stated that Geno looks infinitely more comfortable in the offense this year than last. I would go more on that then morning drive time radio...

Boomer isn't at Jets camp, there is little evidence that he is even closely connected with the team anymore. The people who he knew well in the organization when he was here are long gone and the Jets want nothing to do with Boomer's station. Everyone from the beat and the Jets themselves have stated that Geno looks infinitely more comfortable in the offense this year than last. I would go more on that then morning drive time radio...

I dont think Boomer has to be directly connected to the Jets coaching staff to get info regarding Geno Smith. He wouldnt just make it up for the hell of it. This isnt Skip Bayless here....he reported the same exact stuff about Sanchez when no one else was.

I dont think Boomer has to be directly connected to the Jets coaching staff to get info regarding Geno Smith. He wouldnt just make it up for the hell of it. This isnt Skip Bayless here....he reported the same exact stuff about Sanchez when no one else was.

Dude I don't know what you are talking about. It didn't take Boomer Esiason's statements about Sanchez for everyone to realize he sucks. The whole country knew that Sanchez was garbage long before many people here believed it to be the case. Boomer isn't a terrible radio guy, he is much better than his partner, but if you actually listen to that radio segment again he is discussing a completely hypothetical situation. Geno knows the playbook, and we are going to find out if he is good enough. 

Dude I don't know what you are talking about. It didn't take Boomer Esiason's statements about Sanchez for everyone to realize he sucks. The whole country knew that Sanchez was garbage long before many people here believed it to be the case. Boomer isn't a terrible radio guy, he is much better than his partner, but if you actually listen to that radio segment again he is discussing a completely hypothetical situation. Geno knows the playbook, and we are going to find out if he is good enough. 

It's obvious to anyone with a fully functional brain that this was a completely hypothetical situation.  That's why Matt's not getting it.

You're serious?

This wasnt reporting.  It was all hypothetical bull sh*t.

Everything I've read and heard is that coaches and players are impressed with his work ethic and grasp of the playbook.

Boomer has been hinting around about this for weeks, It shouldn't be dismissed as nonsense, it's something to watch at least, as much as most of us don't love boomer to be fair he never kills the jets he is usually very fair with us.

Boomer has been hinting around about this for weeks, It shouldn't be dismissed as nonsense, it's something to watch at least, as much as most of us don't love boomer to be fair he never kills the jets he is usually very fair with us.

Holy sh*t...really?  I swear the level of posters around here just gets ******* dumber and dumber.  Wow.

Remember the drum-beating after the draft about how Geno was supposedly a "me first" kind of guy, drama queen, guys at West Virginia hated him, etc, etc.? What ever happened to that? They made a huge deal out of that for months and then it just disappeared. The issue has never come up again. Fellow Jets players seem to disagree with that assessment of him.

Also, WTF is the grounds for Boomer's speculation???

That segment was a whole lot of bullsh*t based on the hypothetical situation that Geno doesn't know the playbook. Everything that we have seen and read thus far suggests that Geno is comfortable in this offense. This is sh*t stirring for ratings sake...

No this is guys stating an opinion based on what a QB should and should not be. They didn't accuse Geno of anything and exactly how does this up ratings even if they did ??

These guys are paid to talk about sports if people don't like what they have to say the choice is easy DONT LISTEN. We come to these boards to state our opinions good or bad .

Remember the drum-beating after the draft about how Geno was supposedly a "me first" kind of guy, drama queen, guys at West Virginia hated him, etc, etc.? What ever happened to that? They made a huge deal out of that for months and then it just disappeared. The issue has never come up again. Fellow Jets players seem to disagree with that assessment of him.

Also, WTF is the grounds for Boomer's speculation???

He was talking about QB play and how the greats approach the position. All he said about Geno is "What If" and that's something all sports reporters do. Geno, like most QB's in the NFL has the tools to be whatever he wants to be the question is will his smarts, attitude and work ethic get him there and the thing is none of us know the answer to that question until he steps on the field this season.

Playing QB comes down to how fast you can process information while under serious pressure ....Obviously knowing the playbook is a good portion of the battle but some QB's are just not cut out to make those pressure packed plays consistently its just not in there make up and those are the guys who simply cant make it in this league. To be honest about 10 - 12 QB's in this league are the rest are place holders until a team can find "that guy" to make it all happen

This is nothing. They were saying how if Geno didn't know the playbook and started over Vick regardless people like Decker, Johnson, or the Dline would be pissed. They did not provide any evidence or even say they heard that Geno doesn't know the playbook. In fact Boomer said he would love to be a fly on the wall in MM's meeting room to see if Geno would pass his tests. Meaning he has no idea. This is not even a story

I dont care what Boomer Esiason says about Geno Smith. Boomer should stay quiet. Boomer is best known when he played for the Jets for the Fake Spike game.

Boomer should only talk about the rangers because thats all he is good for talking hockey. Thank goodness rangers lost stanley cup. Geno Smith will be good this season he has recievers now. Go Jets!

Boomer is so irrelevant, and Carton is a moron. Who cares what those tools have to say.

As to Boomer, the guy was an NFL MVP QB and would have won a Super Bowl spare Joe Montana. This seems to be mostly hypothetical. Does indicate that perhaps Esiason doesn't think much of Geno SMith. Call it informed speculation. But he doesn't come out and say anything all that terrible.

Carton is in fact a moron.

You're serious?

This wasnt reporting. It was all hypothetical bull sh*t.

Everything I've read and heard is that coaches and players are impressed with his work ethic and grasp of the playbook.

He alluded to before the video starting that coaches had been covering for Geno.

Definitely sounds like Boomer heard something from somebody inside the building, and with the whole staff being on one-year deals, nobody is going to hesitate throwing Geno under the bus, especially if there's any sentiment in the locker (or coaches) room to give Vick the ball. Boomer, because of his charity, is buds with every agent, coach, and owner in sports. Not unlikely that someone is in his ear.

Definitely sounds like Boomer heard something from somebody inside the building, and with the whole staff being on one-year deals, nobody is going to hesitate throwing Geno under the bus, especially if there's any sentiment in the locker (or coaches) room to give Vick the ball. Boomer, because of his charity, is buds with every agent, coach, and owner in sports. Not unlikely that someone is in his ear.

shouldn't you be on the radio telling us all about walls and dowling from your scouting days ?

that gif kills me

It's the most versatile gif ever.

What's that? Boomer has sources?

nKMI1uM.gif

What's that? People actually still listen to this awful ******* show?

nKMI1uM.gif

Oh, you think Geno is a good quarterback?

nKMI1uM.gif

You think Goodfellas is boring?

nKMI1uM.gif

So what? You were going down on your girlfriend during her period? What's the worst that could happen?

nKMI1uM.gif

The only time that show is tolerable is when Boomer is talking football, which is rare.

Amazing post vvvv

It's the most versatile gif ever.

What's that? Boomer has sources?

nKMI1uM.gif

What's that? People actually still listen to this awful ******* show?

nKMI1uM.gif

Oh, you think Geno is a good quarterback?

nKMI1uM.gif

You think Goodfellas is boring?

nKMI1uM.gif

So what? You were going down on your girlfriend during her period? What's the worst that could happen?

nKMI1uM.gif

As to Boomer, the guy was an NFL MVP QB and would have won a Super Bowl spare Joe Montana. This seems to be mostly hypothetical. Does indicate that perhaps Esiason doesn't think much of Geno SMith. Call it informed speculation. But he doesn't come out and say anything all that terrible.

Carton is in fact a moron.

I take Dominator's word over Boomer's. 

Archived